Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope is only making Ben more appealing to Ciara

Personally, I think Ciara wants Ben around because he makes her feel safe and there's no pressure on her to be your average young woman who's hot and bothered boyfriend is trying to get into her pants. That's probably why Tripp's really upset. Ben being there will cut into his alone time with Ciara and deep down I think that's what Ciara wants. She can be who she is with Ben and he can do the same with her and somewhere along the way I strayed from the topic. So, Hope. Hope is not trying to protect Ciara, she's trying to control her and is abusing her position to do it. I remember when Michelle fell in love with Danny on Guiding Light, totally different scenario but still the same concerned/controlling parental figure. Michelle's older brother pretty much raised Michelle and they were super close, then Michelle fell in love with mafiaso Danny Santos. Wanting to get her away from her husband, Rick as a respected doctor at Cedar's had Michelle committed to the psychiatric ward but all that did was bring Danny and Michelle closer and got Rick suspended for abusing his power as a doctor. So, my guess is that Hope re-opening the arson investigation will have the same effect on Ciara.

Tripp is upset because Ciara has invited a serial killer to live with them. Hope is trying to protect her daughter from a serial killer who could end up killing them all in their sleep if he ends up without his meds. Hope should continue to protect her daughter and Tripp should continue to be upset and lock his door at night every night and make sure Ciara and Claire do the same to make sure Ben doesn't come into one of their rooms and strangle them in their sleep.

Comment

This is true. The harder Hope tries to keep Ciara away from Ben (using her police commissioner powers to get him arrested) the more stubborn Ciara grows and now Ciara sees him as a victim of her mother's agenda against a man whom she believes is innocent. I truly get Hope's fears I just wished she'd dial back her tactics where he's concerned and tried to talk some sense into Ciara instead of trying to put Ben behind bars despite the complete lack of evidence. Right now, Ciara's just as irrational as her mother only we know she's on the "right" side because we viewers sort of know Ben is innocent and has been as transparent with her this entire time. Ciara is unwittingly pushing her mother to such extremes. Ciara's bond with Ben will continue to grow because of all you said and still I can't honestly see Hope being ever okay with that. Mother and daughter are in for a rough time.

Tripp can do whatever he wants, unfortunately he has zero say about the people she chooses to associate with. He doesn't like his living arrangement? He can always move out but then again so can Ciara.
      rpmaluki
      Contract Poster
      Last edited by rpmaluki; August 20, 2018, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Keelee
        Keelee
        Lurking in the Shadows
        Keelee commented
        Editing a comment
        Ciara is supportive and protective of Ben because he saved her life. I wonder if the Commissioner was on duty while she was at the Loft? If so, she might have some real problems when Ted finds out. I think the Commissioner will do something illegal--set Ben up in some way, with the waiter's help, of course. Odd conspirators though. Wonder how Hope would feel if she knew what the waiter did to her while she was in the hospital last year?

• soapjunkie1987
        soapjunkie1987
        Recurring Poster
        soapjunkie1987 commented
        Editing a comment
        Keelee
        Lurking in the Shadows
        Keelee I really need what Tripp did to come out now, just to watch Hope's head spin.

• Silentfan
        Silentfan
        Soap Addict
        Silentfan commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve been thinking Hope would eventually try to frame Ben for a crime he didn’t commit.

What Hope is doing isn’t being a protective mother, she’s being controlling and she’s obsessed with Ben. Get a life Hope. Seriously.

Comment

I cannot stand Hope, but she is the only person making any sense at all in this situation. I f Ben truly cared about Ciara he would not insinuate himself between her and her mother. Noone mentions that he doesn't have dime one to contribute to the cause.And, oh yeah, he is a serial killer. I actually find him entertaining, but of course Hope will do and use anything within her power to try to protect Ciara from getting strung up by a necktie in the middle of the night. Maybe he is okay now, I don't think so, but so what. What mother wants to gamble on that theory??

Comment

• Chabby lover
          Chabby lover
          Contract Poster
          Chabby lover commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree what mother wants to gamble on the theory that he is okay and then one night finds her daughter dead because he was off his meds and killed her. I don't think any mother would take that gamble.

• dee2
          dee2
          I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
          dee2 commented
          Editing a comment
          No responsible mother would stop trying to protect her child, even when that child is acting so irrationally and
          bratty.

I totally understand she's scared. Even Ben gets that. But she needs to dial it back 10,000 notches or she really will lose her daughter, and not the way she thinks. The way she's going about it is only going to push her even closer to Ben. Something will have to happen that will wake Hope up, and I fear that might be Ciara getting hurt and not by Ben. Edit: Side note, I love your comparison to Manny, another one of my all time favorite couples.
        soapjunkie1987
        Recurring Poster
        Last edited by soapjunkie1987; August 20, 2018, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• bajou
          bajou
          Board Regular
          bajou commented
          Editing a comment
          I think that given the choice between the my daughter cutting me out of her life, or the chance of her getting strangled to death, I would choose the former.

• soapjunkie1987
          soapjunkie1987
          Recurring Poster
          soapjunkie1987 commented
          Editing a comment
          Like I said, I totally understand Hope's fear. She's just going about it the entirely wrong way and it's not making her sympathetic to me at all. Hate him all you want, but using your badge like this to run him out of town is just wrong, period. Especially when you have no evidence to prove he did anything except help Ciara in the cabin.

I am firmly on Ben's side and despise Hope, but one thing I will say is that I don't think Ben should be living there without all tenants being OK with it. If Tripp, who I imagine is paying his share of the rent, doesn't want Ben living there then Ben shouldn't be living there.

Comment

I did find it amusing that Hope said she's reopening the case even though Ted warned her not to. I don't know what's happening with Ted, but if he's still around he'll shut this down so quickly and Hope will hopefully lose her badge as a result.

Comment

• dee2
          dee2
          I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
          dee2 commented
          Editing a comment
          And that wouldn't matter to Hope, if she's written as Hope. Losing her badge would be a small price to
          pay to keep her child safe and that is what she feels she is trying to do.

Yes. Hope is making Ben seem more appealing. So is Tripp with his protests. She is digging in a way a teen does. Ciara may be of legal age, but she is not acting in a mature manner. She had been ready to let Ben go and move forward to with Tripp. But she finds out Ben has been wronged by her mother. She is furious. She wants to show her mother she is not a child. And so....

Comment

We are about to see the resurgence of the waiter's dark side. Anyone remember how he went after Kayla last summer? I always predicted he'd do it again if he and he will. Maybe this time he'll get what's coming to him though, instead of his actions being covered and hidden.
          Keelee
          Lurking in the Shadows
          Last edited by Keelee; August 20, 2018, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• CanaryFan98
            CanaryFan98
            Contract Poster
            CanaryFan98 commented
            Editing a comment
            Its obvious Tripp will be the Ben in this situation. Ben/Ciara will be Chad/Abby here...

Days isn't exactly original.

Originally posted by taylors2cats View Post
          Yes. Hope is making Ben seem more appealing. So is Tripp with his protests. She is digging in a way a teen does. Ciara may be of legal age, but she is not acting in a mature manner. She had been ready to let Ben go and move forward to with Tripp. But she finds out Ben has been wronged by her mother. She is furious. She wants to show her mother she is not a child. And so....
          I find it seriously insulting to teen's intelligence to say she's going to rebel by hanging out with a mentally ill serial killer just to anger her parent. Sure teens TEST the waters, and sure many of them do dangerous things, but in the age instant access to information, any teen CHOOSING to hang out with a KNOWN serial killer is not just rebellious, she's stupid and that is unappealing and unromantic in every way.

Comment

• Keelee
            Keelee
            Lurking in the Shadows
            Keelee commented
            Editing a comment
            Ben saved her life. And she's not a teen, she's a woman. Check your facts.

After all the Cin love on this board, it is good to read some common sense. Ben may be OK, but also, may not be, who knows? Ciara is unable to think rationally about this situation for a couple of reasons and also is digging in because of the opposition from her mother and from Tripp. Tripp could move out of the loft, (he could go back to Steve and Kayla's for a bit) or Ciara and Ben could move out, she has the trust fund money. But they won't.

Comment

• Keelee
            Keelee
            Lurking in the Shadows
            Keelee commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes and we all know soaps are predicated on good common sense. Like a bionic eye controlled by a villain, for instance. Like a murdering police commissioner and her lapdog putting their tongues down each other's throats in an interview room at the police station.

• Clementine15
            Clementine15
            Contract Poster
            Clementine15 commented
            Editing a comment
            Keelee, you are absolutely correct! What was l thinking. l often try to compare soaps to real life, and this usually means less enjoyment-- best just to go with the flow. Or turn the tube off.
            Clementine15
            Contract Poster
            Last edited by Clementine15; August 20, 2018, 03:52 PM.

Originally posted by prfan2008 View Post

I find it seriously insulting to teen's intelligence to say she's going to rebel by hanging out with a mentally ill serial killer just to anger her parent. Sure teens TEST the waters, and sure many of them do dangerous things, but in the age instant access to information, any teen CHOOSING to hang out with a KNOWN serial killer is not just rebellious, she's stupid and that is unappealing and unromantic in every way.
          Ciara is not a teen, she's 21. It was said on screen and that's when she got her trust fund.

Comment

Originally posted by ALoyalSoapFan View Post
            Ciara is not a teen, she's 21. It was said on screen and that's when she got her trust fund.
            Well then blaming it on her youth is insulting to young people in general.

Comment

Originally posted by prfan2008 View Post

Well then blaming it on her youth is insulting to young people in general.
              Huh? I just mentioned her age bc you kept calling her a teenager!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X