Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve

I just read that it was not Steven's choice to leave Days. I am absolutely appalled that a guy accepts a 30% pay cut and still gets fired! After waiting all these years for him to come back and now they are going to come up with some LAME excuse to leave the love of his life! I mean the last excuse they came up with was lame enough but all I can see coming ( no pun intended) is for him to leave Kayla over lying to him about the eye. So now what. You pay some new comer the same as you would be paying the beloved veteran. For what? If you are going to keep taking our favs from us don't bother to replace with a bunch of no talents. Thank you very much. Our other favs can get more screen time!

Originally posted by Skip View Post
    I just read that it was not Steven's choice to leave Days. I am absolutely appalled that a guy accepts a 30% pay cut and still gets fired! After waiting all these years for him to come back and now they are going to come up with some LAME excuse to leave the love of his life! I mean the last excuse they came up with was lame enough but all I can see coming ( no pun intended) is for him to leave Kayla over lying to him about the eye. So now what. You pay some new comer the same as you would be paying the beloved veteran. For what? If you are going to keep taking our favs from us don't bother to replace with a bunch of no talents. Thank you very much. Our other favs can get more screen time!
    There was another thread talking about this, I don't know if it's still up. SN treatment is appalling, but Days has a history of doing this to their actors. Steve will not be written out well no matter how it goes down. I don't think the writers care enough to try to come up with something creative. They just don't care

Comment

The actor did not wanted to work for one day...but I guess that's the only choice of being a part of the soap, so he agreed later but it was too late. Maybe next year he might come back. Maybe Steve will kill Stefan of sleeping with Kayla, lol!

Comment

As long as Patch will be going, I don't care who is responsible. I can't stand him.

Comment

From what I've read, Stephen Nichols has to share some of the blame for this. When you can't come to terms on a contract (which is what happened) and it expires, you can't come back 2 months later and say "oh, never mind, I'll re-sign on your terms". It's a business. When production informs the writers that talent is leaving, scripts are written without that character. They can't throw away 2 months of scripts - it's a serial, everything builds on everything else. Also, "Days" has quite a few actor/characters over 60 years old (Patch, John, Marlena, Victor, Maggie, Roman, Doug, Julie, Kate). Since the targeted demo (from which they sell) is not 60+, the show rightfully has to rotate their appearances and not focus too heavily on their more mature cast.
          TV Man
          Board Regular
          Last edited by TV Man; August 18, 2018, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• kerisnoop
            kerisnoop
            Board Regular
            kerisnoop commented
            Editing a comment
            They still should have good stories for the characters and respect for the actors who have played them and respect the still have an audience who loves them and wants to see doing more than giving advice they still want romance and some kind of adventure even if different kind of one don't need them to be out or seen less of just cause of their age s

• Keelee
            Keelee
            Lurking in the Shadows
            Keelee commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree. The bottom line is that it's a business. I read somewhere that SN was on Days for 33 years. Uh uh. He was on for a total of 11 years. Since his initial appearance on Days, he has left frequently to build his career, and more power to him. I don't think anyone should worry too much about this. I'm betting he'll be back just as soon as Kayla starts a romance with someone else.

NBC doesn't speak about contract negotiations so there's no way to know the exact timeline. They didn't want him on the show so they gave him a terrible option hoping he'd just walk away and they could write it off as actor chose to leave, but it wasn't that neatly wrapped up for them. Days has a terrible history with the way they treat their talent, SN isn't the first or the last. The writing was on the wall last August, so none of this is surprising. SN has left other shows, but it's only Days that it happens so disrespectfully, but he's not the only one. IMO their arrogance comes through on the show too, they just don't care. If the show didn't want him on the show they should have had the kahunas to say so.
          Cat women
          I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
          Last edited by Cat women; August 17, 2018, 05:33 PM.

Comment

It is sad that they screw up with with one of their best actor who could be next with over 50? They put stories for these characters on back burner or give them a stupid story most of the time it not fair to the actors or their fans who want a good story for them no matter how old they are

Comment

Originally posted by Cat women View Post
              NBC doesn't speak about contract negotiations so there's no way to know the exact timeline. They didn't want him on the show so they gave him a terrible option hoping he'd just walk away and they could write it off as actor chose to leave, but it wasn't that neatly wrapped up for them. Days has a terrible history with the way they treat their talent, SN isn't the first or the last. The writing was on the wall last August, so none of this is surprising. SN has left other shows, but it's only Days that it happens so disrespectfully, but he's not the only one. IMO their arrogance comes through on the show too, they just don't care. If the show didn't want him on the show they should have had the kahunas to say so.
              The actors don't have contracts with NBC. The network merely buys the show from Corday/Sony. What happened with Stephen Nickels happens all the time in every other business in the world. When someone has been with a company for a number of years, the bosses are always looking for ways to ease you out. They can bring in someone cheaper, younger and smarter. This is no different. Considering that this is standard operating procedure in all businesses should have prevented Nichols from overplaying his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by TV Man View Post

The actors don't have contracts with NBC. The network merely buys the show from Corday/Sony. What happened with Stephen Nickels happens all the time in every other business in the world. When someone has been with a company for a number of years, the bosses are always looking for ways to ease you out. They can bring in someone cheaper, younger and smarter. This is no different. Considering that this is standard operating procedure in all businesses should have prevented Nichols from overplaying his hand.
                In no way does it make it okay, if they didn't want him on the show they should have said so. Days has a worse reputation compared to other shows, and several well known actors have spoken out over the years. If Conday/Sony or whoever want to change the direction of the show, they could do that, and still treat people with professionalism. It's hardly a negotiation if the intent is just to get you to leave, but you are negotiating in good faith.

If nothing else it looks bad for the show. If they were trying to ease him out they failed.
                Cat women
                I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                Last edited by Cat women; August 19, 2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

To all of you that chimed in. I agree with everything said BUT tv, especially soaps, rely on an audience forming emotional connections with characters so it really is different than any other business. I just felt deeply disappointed that they couldn't work with a guy that has been a longtime favorite character. You wouldn't think that the players would not be given the meager cost of living increase but actually be offered a pay CUT to keep their jobs. One way to keep costs down would be to keep the longtime characters and not be bringing so many new ones therefore needing new sets to be built. And seriously not to have so many characters to begin with. I mean we only get to see some of these characters once a month as it is. I am personally of the opinion that a mystery character coming aboard is not going to bring in new viewers. I believe that can be accomplished just by providing fresher story lines. If needed reach out to us fans for story ideas. We're full of them haha

Comment

I am sad to hear that he was treated that way. I will miss him on Days. But really, he has had little to nothing to do on the show. My wish would be fore GH to hire him as Stefan Cassadine. I think Genie Francis will be returning there. I'd love to see them paired up again, if not romantically, at least in story lines. Perhaps with the idea that Nikolas is not really dead and a search for him... Well, that is my wish... I think Stefan is supposed to be dead, but so what with the Cassadines and the inhabitants of Port Charles. They always somehow seem to turn up again. I just loved the way SN says Laura." Wish wish SN luck and success and that he be treated with the respect he deserves.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X