Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPOILER! Stephen Nichols Speaks Out

Via his twitter....

Tori, I am touched and humbled by your kind words. I will be forever indebted to you and all of our dedicated supporters who give so much love. I accepted their offer after trying unsuccessfully to negotiate something better than a 30% cut. With no warning -written out. Truth

I have to say I think this is appalling. Days can bring back 32 people including several for more than a short arc but not retain SN even after he agreed to their cut?

Awful.

This kind of stuff is why soaps will not last a whole lot longer.

That is appalling! Days surely has their priorities screwed up to let a long time fan fav go like that. Even after he accepted their insulting offer. So sick of all the returns and exits all for their short little story arcs. I realize that must be cheaper for them, but it really doesn't serve the soap genre well, in the long run. Soaps/Days needs to stick with and focus on keeping and writing for the long time fan favs and rest of the cast they have, instead of bringing all these others back, for which never really turn out to be that great anyway. The hype is usually bigger than the actual story that accompanies these returns. I will miss SN.

Comment

That is truly sad. Stephen is a vet and has earned his pay. Pay the man and call it a day! I'm very disappointed in DOOL. it's their loss

Comment

This is so annoying. DOOL powers that be just don't seem to get it when it comes to who to keep and who to let go. If they don't wise up and bring him back, I hope he ends up back on GH. I prefer him in the role of Patch, though.

Comment

My girl PatchSweetness would not love this! ....But I don't think it's the end of the road either, he might be back for the 55th....I am a bit pissed off on Bryan as well! I would rather see Lucas and Chloe more, than a few others.

Comment

Personally I blame NBC more than the show itself​​​​​. They only pay $150,000 per episode. It’s amazing the show gets made at all with a budget so low.

In the early 2000’s it was $380,000 per episode.

I’d rather they cut some of the shows dead weight characters and keep Steve but it is what it is. Hopefully the show can work something out with him in the future.

Comment

He accepted their 30% pay cut offer and was still let go/written out? There has to be more to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Santana View Post
                He accepted their 30% pay cut offer and was still let go/written out? There has to be more to it.
                As far as I understand he turned them down and then after a period of time decided to take it but it was too late by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post

As far as I understand he turned them down and then after a period of time decided to take it but it was too late by then.
                  That does not seem to be what he is saying at all. It sounds like he accepted, no one told him his acceptance was supposedly too late, thought everything was okay and then suddenly found out he was written out. He even says it... with no warning.

And it is not surprising. BD said something similar, not the pay cut negotiations.... but, that he just came to work one day and saw that he was exiting without anyone telling him that he was fired.

I do not know who makes these decisions, but the way they treat their actors is horrible. Losing a job is hard as it is, but without even the respect of being told it is happening... wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenda4ev View Post

That does not seem to be what he is saying at all. It sounds like he accepted, no one told him his acceptance was supposedly too late, thought everything was okay and then suddenly found out he was written out. He even says it... with no warning.

And it is not surprising. BD said something similar, not the pay cut negotiations.... but, that he just came to work one day and saw that he was exiting without anyone telling him that he was fired.

I do not know who makes these decisions, but the way they treat their actors is horrible. Losing a job is hard as it is, but without even the respect of being told it is happening... wow.
                    Looking back on his social media postings and what they are saying on the daytime royalty boards it seems like there is more to this than what we are being told. It seems he was holding out for a better offer and when he didn’t get it he accepted what they offered but it was no longer on the table.

We’ll never know for sure. The show never discusses actor contracts with the media.

Bryan was only on recurring. They have no obligation to write for him and will call when they need him again. He’ll be back eventually.

Comment

The way it turned out, everybody loses, most especially the fans. Are tptb trying to send a message to the other actors that not accepting a deal and trying to negotiate will not end well for the actor? If they expect the actor to bend they should do the same. It really sounds spiteful on the part of the show.

Comment

Looking back on his social media postings and what they are saying on the daytime royalty boards it seems like there is more to this than what we are being told. It seems he was holding out for a better offer and when he didn’t get it he accepted what they offered but it was no longer on the table.

We’ll never know for sure. The show never discusses actor contracts with the media.

Bryan was only on recurring. They have no obligation to write for him and will call when they need him again. He’ll be back eventually.
                        BD was fired, he will not be on the show (unless they rehire him). An article about it was posted here and he speaks about how he found it it happened from reading his script and that no one told him it was happening.

I believe SN. He may have rejected, then accepted... but written out without warning. It happened to someone else months prior.

Comment

BD was fired, he will not be on the show (unless they rehire him). An article about it was posted here and he speaks about how he found it it happened from reading his script and that no one told him it was happening.

I believe SN. He may have rejected, then accepted... but written out without warning. It happened to someone else months prior.
                          An actor on recurring cannot be fired since they are not under contract with the show. He has always been free to take other acting projects whilst still on Days. They are under no obligation to write for a recurring character. It might look and feel like a firing to us but in the business it’s not.

Just like Meredith Scott Lynn who was on recurring and they just stopped writing for her. She wasn’t fired, they just stopped calling.

Comment

An actor on recurring cannot be fired since they are not under contract with the show. He has always been free to take other acting projects whilst still on Days. They are under no obligation to write for a recurring character. It might look and feel like a firing to us but in the business it’s not.

Just like Meredith Scott Lynn who was on recurring and they just stopped writing for her. She wasn’t fired, they just stopped calling.
                            Here it is, his own words: https://soaphub.com/days-of-our-live...ys-lives-exit/

Comment

I know he’s leaving the show. I’m just stating that although it feels like it to him and us he was not technically fired. He was not under contract with the show. He knows the score he’s been through it before and also knows that things often change and will no doubt be invited back at some point in the future.

Any recurring actor can come come and go at a moments notice. It also means the actors are free to take other jobs if they want to with no obligation to the show. You can’t do that with out permissions from the show if you are under contract.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X