Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abby's weak minded and giving mixed messages.

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abby's weak minded and giving mixed messages.

Abby telling Kayla that Stefan "he has no rights UNTIL the baby is born." I almost choked. Until? If he raped you he has no rights period. So she needs Chad home and to accept the baby but expects him to put up with the brother who bedded/raped depending on the conversation his wife being around and in their lives.

She is able to hold up conversations with Stefan. Barely flinching or being disgusted by him. She even overshares and acts unbelievably passive

If Abby had any respect for herself, her husband and their family. She would press charges against Stefan and/or ask for a restraining order.

This is typical Abigal though. She's got the vacant look in her eyes and she's talking out both sides of her mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by looktothestars View Post
      This is typical Abigal though. She's got the vacant look in her eyes and she's talking out both sides of her mouth.
      She comes off so....sedated or stoned. I'm so confused by her.

I'm hoping things change when KM Abby graces us with her presense.

It's so good that Jack scenes will be with KM Abby.

Comment

I feel like she's unintentionally being written as an empty vessel for Stefan and Chad (and even Gabi) to bounce off and show of their angst/POV, like she has no say one way or another about her own life, let alone the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by rpmaluki View Post
          I feel like she's unintentionally being written as an empty vessel for Stefan and Chad (and even Gabi) to bounce off and show of their angst/POV, like she has no say one way or another about her own life, let alone the baby.
          Empty vessel is the PERFECT word. It's frustrating to watch. ICAM that's exactly what is happening.

Comment

Yes, this is a soap and not real life, we know that from all the characters that return from the dead. If a character can return from the dead, then a rapist can have rights to the child resulting from that rape (as disgusting as that is).

A quick google search reveals "In 7 US states, rape victims can be legally forced to share custody of their children with their rapist fathers".

Comment

• Key
              Key
              Soap Addict
              Key commented
              Editing a comment
              Comparing internet searched info to phoned-in explosion reports, implying that parental rights for rapists is some sort of urban legend, is not much of an argument.

I don't like to provide links but CNN.com has a very informative article published in November 2016, titled "Where rapists can gain parental rights." Google it.

• KatLovesSoaps
              KatLovesSoaps
              Board Regular
              KatLovesSoaps commented
              Editing a comment
              You guys are having the WEIRDEST back and forth. God help you. Pour some honey on baby Jesus and make him sweet.

looktothestars
              Board Regular
              looktothestars you poking the Saint Abby's or what?

• looktothestars
              looktothestars
              Board Regular
              looktothestars commented
              Editing a comment
              let me have my fun.

Abby wanted to put Stefan in jail, but Stefan at the time was beaten by Chad, and he sort of blackmailed the whole situation on Abby, and Abby decided to let it go...(pressing charges against Chad)....I also think deep down, Abby is not sure of Stefan. To have him in her life or not....

Comment

Thanks for the info Tiff. Regardless, she should have pressed charges. Chad beating him up would have and should have landed him in trouble. Shouldn't negate from her pressing charges against Stefan.

Abby's a mess. Like her scenes make me uncomfortable. I'm not sure if that will change when KM Abby returns. As much as I adore her.

I've always felt MM as nice as she is. Didn't have it. Her exit is so welcomed. It's the best decision they/she made.

Comment

MM plays Abby as too nice for her own good. Kate made her feisty, maybe she'll get some of that back when KM returns.

Comment

Abby has seemed like an empty vessel to me since "her return from the dead" - but, until Stefan is found guilty of rape she can't deny him access to the child after it's born. I can't imagine any woman 'raped' by someone allowing them within 50 feet much less into their home and touching their stomach. I can't even watch that sl anymore.

Comment

^^^^^ I completely agree. I tried for months to connect with MM Abby when she took over the role but she was so vacant and lifeless.

This storyline only highlights it. How she can even be in Stefan's presence let alone LET HIM INTO HER HOUSE AND TOUCH HER?? Her demeanour should be so different but oh no her eyes are forever glazed over while she gives mixed messages.

Her scenes make me uncomfortable.

I'm beyond glad she won't ruin scenes with Jack/Abby.

Comment

Abby contradicts herself, she doesn't want Stefan to be any part of the baby's life yet she has him touch her belly, I don't get that.

Comment

Abby is not close to weak minded at all she just doesn't want to fight and she sure is not giving any kind of mixed signals either. She has said enough times she wants nothing to do with him and wants him know where near her and they only thing they have to talk about is custody. Abby doesn't want to fight and she doesn't want to stress herself out so she is trying to get him to leave her alone she is pregnant and having a stressful time right now with a stalker and rapist not leaving her along. Her husband walks out on her and their son to play house with his ex-mistress and the ex-mistress is making her think she is pregnant with her rapist child.

Comment

Originally posted by Chabby lover View Post
                          Abby is not close to weak minded at all she just doesn't want to fight and she sure is not giving any kind of mixed signals either. She has said enough times she wants nothing to do with him and wants him know where near her and they only thing they have to talk about is custody. Abby doesn't want to fight and she doesn't want to stress herself out so she is trying to get him to leave her alone she is pregnant and having a stressful time right now with a stalker and rapist not leaving her along. Her husband walks out on her and their son to play house with his ex-mistress and the ex-mistress is making her think she is pregnant with her rapist child.
                          So Abigail wanting Stefan to leave her alone includes letting him in her house, rub her stomach, carrying on conversations with him longer than they have to be, and throwing around slaps and standing there waiting to see his reaction?

Abigail is weak, spineless, and craves male attention no matter who it's from.

Comment

• melanieian76
                            melanieian76
                            Lurking in the Shadows
                            melanieian76 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            And telling him Chad left her, that was none of his concern, so why did she feel the need to give him that information? So he can swoop in.

Legally, because she never pressed charges, let alone the lack of conviction, Stefan (though he is a monster) does have rights. But yes. I agree, Abby is weak, spineless, never deals with anything and everyone else suffers because of it. Had she taken care of her mental health she'd not be in this position, had she pressed charges like she should have she would not be in this position, had she asserted her right to bodily autonomy she'd not be in this position. Even now we see no trace of her seeking out her therapist other than counseling for her marriage, no discussion of how her medication will effect pregnancy. As it is, the writers gave her a pass on her first break-down, I will only give her a partial pass on her second, her third, she gets no sympathy from me.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X