Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashback Scenes

Why do they keep showing so many flashbacks of stuff that JUST happened? I was glad to see the short one of John and Marlena's first wedding, but why do we have to see scenes of things that happened on the day before? Does this bother anyone else or is just me?

I think it's a way of filling airtime without adding new material, they do this often from time to time. Maybe Jarlena's wedding was cutting deep into the budget, if that's the case I'll take the frequent flashbacks.

Comment

I've always been told that flashbacks are to remind people who may have missed an episode of what is going on. When you're serialized, you have to make sure you don't leave people behind.

Comment

Originally posted by axl-lover View Post
        Why do they keep showing so many flashbacks of stuff that JUST happened? I was glad to see the short one of John and Marlena's first wedding, but why do we have to see scenes of things that happened on the day before? Does this bother anyone else or is just me?
        Yeah i know what you mean. Years ago they use to do that an when they got away from it I was so happy. But now it seems to be back. Glad I Have DVR this time around. I fast forward now days.

Comment

Originally posted by axl-lover View Post
          That’s one of Ron C’s signatures. He did it all the time when he was the head writer for General Hospital. I think his argument for doing it is many viewers don’t watch everyday, so flashbacks are a good way to keep casual viewers up to date on the storylines.

Comment

Originally posted by TV Man View Post
            I've always been told that flashbacks are to remind people who may have missed an episode of what is going on. When you're serialized, you have to make sure you don't leave people behind.
            I think flashbacks are also a way of filling time when they decide to cut scenes. There have been a couple of times lately when spoilers indicated there would be certain scenes airing, then we don't see them. Like last Tuesday when we were supposed to see Chloe/Stefan scenes at Doug's Place. Instead we saw about four minutes of flashbacks of Ben and Ciara and Kayla and Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by mxs View Post

Yeah i know what you mean. Years ago they use to do that an when they got away from it I was so happy. But now it seems to be back. Glad I Have DVR this time around. I fast forward now days.
              It can be annoying when it's done too much. I FF, too.

Comment

I like flashbacks, especially the old ones! I LOVED seeing John (Roman) and Marlena’s first wedding. I wish we would get flashbacks of Steve & Kayla’s because that was pure magic. As far as the day to day flashbacks, it’s for viewers who missed a day or two. I don’t mind it. I like seeing what the characters are thinking.

Comment

I always know when a flashback scene is coming. One character says something to another, the "another" character kind of looks off to the side and gets this far off look in their eyes. I always say aloud to the screen "flashback coming."

Comment

They really over-did flashbacks a few of years ago with the Necktie Killer scenes. That's about when I first started watching Days. They played some gruesome scenes over and over and OVER again. It was very hard to watch and really didn't seem like it was just to remind viewers of what they might have missed. It was usually quite disturbing to see those scenes played out again and again.

Comment

If we're to see flashbacks then I'd much rather they be ones from months or years ago, not days or weeks. The flashbacks from years ago are the best.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X