Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cin and the 3 Different Types of Soap Couples

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cin and the 3 Different Types of Soap Couples

    Maybe it's just me but I feel like there are 3 different types of soap couples.

    1. The Bad Ones: These are the ones that have no chemistry or spark on screen. The actors and/or characters just don't fit well together and are generally not given good storylines to boot.

    2. The Good Ones: These are the ones who work fairly well together. They aren't fantastic or dream worthy, but they play solidly well off one another. These are also the ones who you want to see all the crazy traditionally soapy stuff happen between them like evil twins, cheating, lying, tricking, back from the dead, etc. They are the types of couples you are invested in but aren't particularly heart broken if anything goes wrong between them. You can watch them go through the bad and hating each other because you know they make for a good story.

    3. The Amazing Ones: These ones are few and far between. They comes along every once and a while. The chemistry between the actors are so good you would swear they are truly in love and not acting. They are the type of couples soap fans dream about. The ones you live vicariously through. The ones who you ache for in your own personal life when things aren't going well for them. The ones who when you watch it feels like the entire world stops around you.

    Now which couples actually fall into each of these categories is ultimately just up to personal opinion. What one person may consider an amazing couple another may consider a bad one.


    For me, Ciara and Ben fall into that amazing couple category. They are ones of the amazing couples that only come along every now and again. Victoria and Rob work so well in scenes together. They feel 100% authentic when they are together. For me, it really does feel like the whole world stops when they are on screen together. Seeing them be just completely happy together would be boring. But at the same time I rather not see any triangles or cheating surrounding them. I really hope the writers get them together soon, and by soon I mean the end of the year. I hope to God the writers don't mess this up.

  • #2
    Chad and Abby for me fall under the amazing couple category. They are wonderful and they have great chemistry and naturalness toward each other you can see how much great friends they are in real life just in their scenes. I love watching them. When I watch them in scenes together I just can't look away they have this wonderful chemistry. They are just so perfect for each other and I hate that the writers are messing them up for a rapist and a witch. They are soulmates and totally belong together.

    In my opinion they will never be a couple but Chad and Gabi would fall under the bad ones. No chemistry what so ever and always seems so forced and unnatural like they are trying to force something that just is not there between Chad and a girl he does not love or want. It is like they are trying to force them on an audience who does not want to see them.

    Ciara and Ben also fall under the bad ones to me. I don't see the chemistry and I would never want Bo's daughter with a serial killer who will end up killing again he is a psycho and just plain crazy. I would never want her with him and I hope they never put her with him.

    Ciara and Tripp would fall under the amazing couple they are perfect for each other they have wonderful chemistry and it would be wonderful to see Steve's son and Bo's daughter together. Whenever they are on the screen I can't look away they have this hot chemistry. I love them and I hope to see more scenes with them and less with Ben.

    Gabi and JJ they fall under the amazing couple also they are perfect for each other and I will always believe they are soul mates they have this naturalness about them that is just wonderful. If the writers would just realize what they have with JJ and Gabi then Gabi can finally stop being so obsessed with Chad and have her happily ever after with a great guy.

    Comment


    • #3
      I think CHABBY has no spark in my opinion and needs work. Stefan is making them interesting, so that is a good thing for me.

      I love CIN! Now that is a build up story.

      Brady & Eve are okay

      ROPE needs work...I think it's getting there.

      Lani and Eli are boring...

      JJ is alone....

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Chabby lover View Post
        Chad and Abby for me fall under the amazing couple category. They are wonderful and they have great chemistry and naturalness toward each other you can see how much great friends they are in real life just in their scenes. I love watching them. When I watch them in scenes together I just can't look away they have this wonderful chemistry. They are just so perfect for each other and I hate that the writers are messing them up for a rapist and a witch. They are soulmates and totally belong together.

        In my opinion they will never be a couple but Chad and Gabi would fall under the bad ones. No chemistry what so ever and always seems so forced and unnatural like they are trying to force something that just is not there between Chad and a girl he does not love or want. It is like they are trying to force them on an audience who does not want to see them.

        Ciara and Ben also fall under the bad ones to me. I don't see the chemistry and I would never want Bo's daughter with a serial killer who will end up killing again he is a psycho and just plain crazy. I would never want her with him and I hope they never put her with him.

        Ciara and Tripp would fall under the amazing couple they are perfect for each other they have wonderful chemistry and it would be wonderful to see Steve's son and Bo's daughter together. Whenever they are on the screen I can't look away they have this hot chemistry. I love them and I hope to see more scenes with them and less with Ben.

        Gabi and JJ they fall under the amazing couple also they are perfect for each other and I will always believe they are soul mates they have this naturalness about them that is just wonderful. If the writers would just realize what they have with JJ and Gabi then Gabi can finally stop being so obsessed with Chad and have her happily ever after with a great guy.

        It it is funny how 2 people can have vastly different opinions on the same topic. For me, Ciara and Ben are one of the amazing ones and Ciara and Tripp are one of the bad ones. I respect your right to your opinion nevertheless.

        I do tho truly think Ben is sorry for everything and is trying to be better. I think Ciara means a lot to him and I don’t believe he would ever hurt her.

        Comment


        • tiff5555
          tiff5555
          Aspiring soap scribe
          tiff5555 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ciara & Tripp is sweet....but they do nothing for me So I am right there with you on CIN!

        • anitalyfe
          anitalyfe
          Recurring Poster
          anitalyfe commented
          Editing a comment
          Ciara and Tripp are dull. There is just no story potential there and most importantly they have no chemistry.

          Ciara and Ben have the chem and story. They hold the potential and I'm here for it!

      • #5
        I think good/bad/amazing is very subjective.

        When I think of categories of soap couples I think of Fun vs Dark.

        Comment


        • #6
          I think no matter the categories it will be subjective. People cannot even agree that the Earth is round for God sakes.

          I'll be honest I don't spend a lot of time analyzing couples into specific categories. I either like 'em or I don't. Most of the time I don't because quality of couples on ALL TV (not just soaps) is quite poor.

          Comment


          • #7
            Chad and Abby have a sweet, true love, that should see them through this rough time.
            Hope and Rafe seem like they should be friends, not a couple, but I do like the way he kisses.
            Doug and Julie, everlasting love.
            ​​​​​​Lani and Eli, just started.
            Eric and Jen, seem like only friends.
            Ben and Ciara, I see a naive girl, hoping to repay someone who helped her and being taken in the process.
            Eve and Brady, don't fit together.
            Victor and Maggie, the same.

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by LizWebberFan View Post


              It it is funny how 2 people can have vastly different opinions on the same topic. For me, Ciara and Ben are one of the amazing ones and Ciara and Tripp are one of the bad ones. I respect your right to your opinion nevertheless.

              I do tho truly think Ben is sorry for everything and is trying to be better. I think Ciara means a lot to him and I don’t believe he would ever hurt her.
              I’m in complete agreement with you LizWebberFan(hope I can call you LWF for short). I will go for just the Amazing Couples Category:

              Ben is trying to move on from a past that haunts him and he is shown to be struggling all the time. I also believe he cares about Ciara and doesn’t want to hurt her. He has to fight for her harder than guys like Tripp the saint for example. That’s why I also classify Ben and Ciara to be well on their way to the amazing couples category. The only other couples in that categories watching Days past clips and what I watched before was Bope, Stayla, Jarlena, and Abe/Lexie. No other couples have stood out to me as such. But, I think Cin could be an awesome couple!!

              Comment


              • #9
                Originally posted by ckg1 View Post

                I’m in complete agreement with you LizWebberFan(hope I can call you LWF for short). I will go for just the Amazing Couples Category:

                Ben is trying to move on from a past that haunts him and he is shown to be struggling all the time. I also believe he cares about Ciara and doesn’t want to hurt her. He has to fight for her harder than guys like Tripp the saint for example. That’s why I also classify Ben and Ciara to be well on their way to the amazing couples category. The only other couples in that categories watching Days past clips and what I watched before was Bope, Stayla, Jarlena, and Abe/Lexie. No other couples have stood out to me as such. But, I think Cin could be an awesome couple!!

                Oh yeah, LWF is fine.

                I really do love Cin and I personally already see them as amazing. The chemistry and setup for the story is just so good. I like the complicated character RSW is playing in Ben. There’s a lot of layers to who Ben is. He wants to be good, but he has to fight and work hard to stay on the right path. Then we have sweet and open minded Ciara. I love how she’s willing to back this guy and believe in him despite every single other person in her life telling her not to. Ultimately I see Ciara’s faith in Ben being rewarded. I think he’ll continue to be good to her and probably help her out in multiple ways moving forward.

                I just hope the writers are able to properly balance this couple. I think if they put them together too quickly it won’t be good for them long term, but if they wait too long I think it could be bad too. Ultimately I’m hoping Cin are officially together by the end of the year.

                Comment

                Google Matched Content

                Collapse

                Bottom of Page

                Collapse
                Working...
                X