X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camila Banus Lands Role on Fox

Pretty cool to get a primetime gig.

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2018/0...medium=twitter

Anybody watch that show? I can't say I have seen it, but good for Camila! Girl has been busy filming lots of stuff. Get it GIIRL

Omg no way!!!!that's amazing I LOVE that show STAR! Its a hit show too so this will bring her alot of exposure that she deserves. Amazing Camilla!

Comment

I don't but I've heard of it produced and stars Queen Latifah comes on after Empire(both created by Lee Daniels)

Good for her.

Comment

^^ yes it's the sister show to Empire. I wonder if she will be singing on it?!

Comment

I've never watched "Star" but I'm going to have now. I knew she was filming something in Atlanta because I follow her on social media but I didn't know what. I'm not too worried about how this is going to affect her days schedule. She's been doing independent movies since she came back in 3=15. Plus she had a recurring role on "Mistresses" during its last season. I wouldn't be surprised it this was in the works back when she signed on to "Days" for another years, It seems like she's managed to arrange things so she is able to pursue other opportunities while working on the show.

Even though I don't watch the show and obviously that's going to have change now. I'm thrilled for her.

Comment

• CanaryFan98
          CanaryFan98
          Contract Poster
          CanaryFan98 commented
          Editing a comment
          Days films 6 months in advance I do wonder where Gabi will be 6 months from now?

• tvaddict4965
          tvaddict4965
          Executive Poster
          tvaddict4965 commented
          Editing a comment
          "STAR" is a very good show,with a good storyline and lots of talented singers'.

Looks like I'll be watching Star again. Congratulations to Camila! I'm very happy about this news.

Comment

I love that show Star does this mean she won't be on Days as much because if so that sounds like a great thing. I like Star and I am sure she will be great on it she is a great actress but I will also be happy if we see her even less on Days because she is a useless character on Days and I don't like seeing her become even more of a homewrecker then she already is trying to ruin people's lives.

Comment

Wow. Camila has a lot of Days fans who love her work and her character. I hope she's able to do both shows because Gabi is a popular character on Days and many would be sad to see Camila leave.
            BBDaysBabe
            Board Regular
            Last edited by BBDaysBabe; August 12, 2018, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Camila is a very pretty and talented lady. I seriously doubt if Days will be a permanent position for her. She will probably move on to much bigger things eventually. This primetime job is just the start of better things coming her way. Congratulations Camilla!

Comment

Originally posted by Flowercity79 View Post
                Omg no way!!!!that's amazing I LOVE that show STAR! Its a hit show too so this will bring her alot of exposure that she deserves. Amazing Camilla!
                I love STAR too! My fav too!!! The show is addicting!

Comment

Originally posted by anitalyfe View Post
                Pretty cool to get a primetime gig.

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2018/0...medium=twitter

Anybody watch that show? I can't say I have seen it, but good for Camila! Girl has been busy filming lots of stuff. Get it GIIRL
                I've never watched nor knew anything about Star. What night does it come on and time? I hope it's not on Tuesday's @ 9 bc this fall I'd be watching This Is Us and on Wednesday @ 9, Criminal Minds! Those are the only primetime shows I've watched. In fact, they're the only shows that I watch at night!

Comment

• Flowercity79
                  Flowercity79
                  Scriptwriter
                  Flowercity79 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It usually comes on Wednesday as after Empire so I think 9pm? I usually pvr it and watch it after Criminal minds as well

Originally posted by Chabby lover View Post
                I love that show Star does this mean she won't be on Days as much because if so that sounds like a great thing. I like Star and I am sure she will be great on it she is a great actress but I will also be happy if we see her even less on Days because she is a useless character on Days and I don't like seeing her become even more of a homewrecker then she already is trying to ruin people's lives.
                This thread is not about the character Gabi. It's about Camila and the great news for her. Can we leave the bashing for all the other anti-Gabi threads out there?

So happy for Camila. Her talent has obviously been noticed. She is beautifully awesomely talented.

Comment

Star is a great show. Since she is recurring and not doing a guest spot on it sounds like she could be on it for quite a few episodes the next season. I actually like Star a whole lot better than Empire because I love Queen Latiffah in it. I am happy for her and since she only signed a one year contract extension with Days I wonder if she is going to end up leaving Days when her contract expires this time. She seems to be landing lots of roles and this role on Star could help lead her into getting more primetime stuff which would be great for her career.

Comment

• tiff5555
                    tiff5555
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    tiff5555 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was saying this to
                    Flowercity79
                    Scriptwriter
                    Flowercity79, I lost track on Empire....I think she will manage Star and Days at the same time. Star shoots less than Days. Days is almost forever to shoot. I mean year round than Star. I think we still have our Camila around

Well we won't be seeing much of Gabi come late February-early March since that's about the time the episodes they are currently taping while Camila is in Atlanta will air. The bad thing about that is a part of that is Sweeps period. It will be interesting to see I if Gabi will disappear or if there will be an on-screen explanation for her not being around.

Comment

Congratulations to Camilla.

If this a recurring role, I don't think she'll be leaving the show any time soon. If she leaves and Chabby leaves, that will leave quite a hole in that age group. Wilson will be the only ones left and I don't see that being the case. If Chabby is leaving, they will want to hold on to Camilla. I think Ron likes Gabi, I can see him writing her a compelling story as a means to keep her on the show if it even comes to that. I think he'll write around her time on another show (they do have a odd shooting schedule) like they did before and also like how they did/do with Greg Vaughan.
                    ​​​​​​
                    If she leaves, it probably will be for a contract role.

Comment

• ckg1
                      ckg1
                      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                      ckg1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I hope Gabi isn’t leaving us either. I hope to see her Chabby free, first and foremost. But with that beauty and most of all that personality of hers, I think she’ll be okay again in Salem living her life. When I saw her walk in wearing that white dress looking fantastic, I was thinking this young woman can conquer it all and do anything. CB/Gabi should be confident, she’s the Total Package all on her own!!

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X