• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Benfan
    Lurking in the Shadows
    • Jul 2018

Ben and Abby vs Ciara

I have a rather ridiculous question. I adore new improved ex killer remorseful Ben! I adore Ciara when she has scenes alone with Ben. She is likeable with him. They bring out each others acting ability.

I looked up a few old you tube videos of Ben and Abby and he was smitten with her. Why I don't know. Ben and Ciara first kiss, if and when that happens will be even better! The few times I tuned in I hated Ben and Abby. Probably because it was when Abby was lying and cheating on good kind Ben. I know the Abby and Ben love was one sided.

I firmly believe Abby is out of Bens system now. I hope he is over her permantly! I believe Ben is falling hard for Ciara, but hiding his feelings. They are both falling hard for each other. Neither of them are ready for a relationship quite yet. This includes Tripp and Ciara. I believe that Ciara will overcome with therapy and Ben love and support. I believe Ben will continue with therapy and ciara love and support. No one understands Ciara but Ben. No one understands Ben like Ciara.

The looks I'm seeing of how Ben and Ciara look at each other just kill me. Is how Ciara looked at Tripp when they got together similar to how she looks at Ben? The looks of how B and C look at their insignificant others worries me a wee bit. Lol. I am still rooting for Cin to have real loyal love for both their sakes. They look at each other as if they hung the moon. I am dying.

Did Ben ever look at Abby the way he looks at Ciara? And was he always this concerned for Abby emotional and physical safety before he went bad? Or does this have more to do with B knowing about the rape? Did Ciara ever look at Tripp Theo or Wyatt the way she looks at Ben? Never liked any of those guys except as platonic friends. Was Wyatt a friend or more?
    I hope Ben Abby and Chad is not a repeat of Ben Ciara and Tripp with Tripp turning psycho. I just want Tripp and ciara to let each other go rather than Tripp turning evil.
    sorry for long rant. Its just a question I been curious about!
  • tiff5555
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jul 2007

I think you are right! Abby is out of his system and he adores of what Ciara did! Even Ciara is smitten by him!

Comment

• Benfan
      Benfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Your right! Ciara is definitely smitten with Ben. One poster believes Ciara is just grateful to Ben for saving her life and wants to help him. He or she is entitled to that opinion. Just as we are entitled to ours. It is more than that. It's how no one treats her with the respect Ben does. She treats no one the way she treats Ben when she's not swayed by the rotten hypocritical town of Ben haters.
  • Chabby lover
    Contract Poster
    • Jun 2018

Ben, Ciara and Tripp are not the same as Ben, Abby, and Chad and the only one who will turn psycho will be Ben when he kills someone since he is very evil. Tripp is not evil at all that is all Ben. Tripp is a good guy. Ben is a serial killer who will kill again it just depends when.

Comment

• Benfan
      Benfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Chabbylover, You are entitled to your opinion on Ben and Tripp. I understand your a Tiara fan. That's is what this board is for a difference of opinion.
      Yes Tiff5555, Ciara is just as smitten with Ben, as Ben is with her. I'm so glad her feelings are deep and not because Ben saved her, or because as psycho hope believes she has Stockholm syndrome.

• Chabby lover
      Chabby lover commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldn't even mind Ciara with someone else as long as it is never Ben.

• Chabby lover
      Chabby lover commented
      Editing a comment
      Ciara does not have feelings for Ben and they are not deep at all she is just thinking about how he saved her and now she wants to help him that is all.
  • Jj1701
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Sep 2012

When Ben was with Abby he wasn't written very well. Also I don't think Ben and Abby had much in the way of chemistry. Ben and Ciara have way more chemistry.

Comment

• JMatthews
      JMatthews commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. They kept him boring right up until he became a killer. Then the actor really rocked it. The actor seems to continue that stride now and though not logical is really selling it as a killer who has reformed and is truly ashamed for what he did.

• Benfan
      Benfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Jj1701, its great to hear that about Ben and Abby chemistry. From the few scenes I saw on you tube I was alarmed with the kissing scenes and sex scenes with Babby. I remain hopeful Ciara and Ben love will only continue to grow and their first kiss will explode on Twitter. Lol.
  • ckg1
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Jj1701 View Post
    When Ben was with Abby he wasn't written very well. Also I don't think Ben and Abby had much in the way of chemistry. Ben and Ciara have way more chemistry.
    Exactly, the writing was awful. I already couldn’t stand the Chabby relationship and didn’t like Ben involved either. He was destroyed basically and obsessed in mental sickness over Abby(I just don’t know why, she’s not even worth a tear to be shed over). Ciara is the best thing that could ever happen to him after his psychotic break. They just have everything that his messed up relationship with Abby lacked.

As for Tripp, I don’t think Ben has much to be concerned about long run with Trippy. I think he’ll mess up all in his own with Ciara. Ciara will see the man who puts her first in Ben. But I hope RC doesn’t mess it up though.
    Last edited by ckg1; August 11, 2018, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Benfan
      Benfan commented
      Editing a comment
      It's disgusting how Ben and gabi were destroyed to prop Abby. What about Stephan? He not paid at all for his reign of terror. I agree with your post ckg1. Just as Ben is the best for Ciara, Ciara needs Ben as much. It's not just the chemistry between them they just need each other. They are each other world.
      Lol. Ben has no reason to be jealous of Tripp. It's other way around. Tripp will ruin Cripp on his own. His jealousy and control will also be the end of them. Cannot wait for them to split for good! Time to move on from puppy love to real unconditional love and get away from Claire.
      One last thing. I hope Sherri is doing writing for Cin. I'm hoping even with angst its Sherri in charge. I quit watching years ago and I guarantee if they screw this up I'm done forever. I can stop for good. Nothing could bring me back but these 2.
      Last edited by Benfan; August 13, 2018, 06:22 PM.
  • Flowercity79
    Soap Addict
    • Oct 2017

I didn't mind Ben and Abby but the chem with him and Ciara is way more intense. I hated the way abby treated him. He was a good boyfriend and very supportive of her in the beginning. It's sad what a monster he turned into. But I'm glad he has been rehabilitated, is remorseful & is taking his life back. I've said it before and will say it again-if all the other murderers and criminals in Salem who have committed crimes and were forgiven, then Ben can be forgiven and redeemed as well and it's that simple. He hates what he did and has tried to make amends. Of course I dont expect anyone to forgive right away but i am sure that he will redeem himself, just one day at a time.

Comment

• Benfan
      Benfan commented
      Editing a comment
      I love your post on how Ben is trying to take his life back and change for the better. B is only salemites who is remorseful and cares of what he's done. If all the Salem murders can be forgiven then Ben can be redeemed. . I agree with the intensity of Ben and Ciara. I think their bond is more about understanding the other and listening to the other vs chemistry alone. They have everything. No one else listens to Ciara. They talk down to her or try to fix her. I hope B and C first make out session puts all memory of seeing Abby and Ben together kissing or in bed. Gross.

• Flowercity79
      Flowercity79 commented
      Editing a comment
      Benfan so very true. I really appreciate the way the writers are building their relationship. I am soooo looking forward to their first makeout session!! Lol

• Benfan
      Benfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol. That scene on Friday with Ben catching Ciara and those looks nearly killed me!! I am losing my mind until Cripp breaks up and both Ben and Ciara is ready and healed enough to make out.
  • ALoyalSoapFan
    Soap Addict
    • Sep 2016

Originally posted by ckg1 View Post

Exactly, the writing was awful. I already couldn’t stand the Chabby relationship and didn’t like Ben involved either. He was destroyed basically and obsessed in mental sickness over Abby(I just don’t know why, she’s not even worth a tear to be shed over). Ciara is the best thing that could ever happen to him after his psychotic break. They just have everything that his messed up relationship with Abby lacked.

As for Tripp, I don’t think Ben has much to be concerned about long run with Trippy. I think he’ll mess up all in his own with Ciara. Ciara will see the man who puts her first in Ben. But I hope RC doesn’t mess it up though.
    This is also in response to the OP question! When Ben was with Abby (ICAM I have no idea why), he was loving and supportive of her especially when Samantha Gene called her out for her *censor beep* ways with her fiancé EJ! He was a college student and a bartender! He had a heart of gold and a great relationship with his sister, Jordan. When Chad slithered his sorry lying, scheming, manipulating arse back into Salem, I knew, Ben was going to be destroyed! He had to be to justify reuniting C&A!

As far as, I'm concerned, that part of Ben's history does NOT exist! He's with, beautiful and lovely, Ciara Alice Brady who has high self esteem and high moral values! Their first 30 seconds encounter, when she was unconscious, made me a Cinner that's madly and deeply in love with Cin!

I am enjoying Ben's recovery and redemption story bc not ONCE has he justified his past on his mental illness! He accept knowing that his victim (Will) and their family will always deem him as a serial killer!

He understand where Hope is coming from and is willing to leave Salem! He could have pressed charges (even Ralf admitted to it) against them and SPD yet, he's willing to leave w/o causing them grief having him around!

He was locked away in a psychiatric facility for the criminally insane for over two years. He was seen by highly qualified, licensed psychiatrists that's professionally trained in the file of mental illness!

I love/adore/admire Ben & Cin and I am going to enjoy traveling with them on Ben's road to recovery and redemption!

As far as Tripp & Ciara goes, he's safe but she'd never commit to him bc her heart and mind is only on Ben!

Comment

• ckg1
      ckg1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes that good old Chabby bus came roaring for Ben. Then Dario. Now, Gabriella better make some preparations. Yes the bus is on the way with Abby honking the horn in the drivers seat. I wish there could be a warning to our favorites before they even laid eyes on those two. A sign that says, ‘Prepare to be Destroyed for Propping’! Just our luck that Ben and Gabi fell into propping duties for them. Thank goodness Ben fought to come back and now has met a woman worthy of his trust and adoration.

• Benfan
      Benfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Last attempt to post. It's sickening how Ben and gabi have both been thrown under the bus to prop Abby. Ugh.
      Loyal thanks for the info.
      I'm with you on Ben history not existing. This Ben is incredible. This Ben is different. I will continue to root for this Ben! With Ciara as his friend and eventually girl I am excited for his redemption. Abby was
      and is nothing like Ciara!
      Cin is only reason I came back and only time I watch is when they are on. I have more faith in the redemption and recovery of Ben than I do of Abby or any of the attempted murderers and murderers. Abby recovery was a cop out. Ben is going to be one I'm rooting for.
      Ben is already in Ciara heart and head so I just anxiously wait for the day Tripp and Ciara are done. I know Tripp will continue to be a pain for awhile but Ben will win in the end.
  • LizWebberFan
    Executive Poster
    • Jun 2016

I definitely hope that Tripp and Ciara part ways soon and Ben and Ciara get together eventually. For a while I honk Ciara should just be single. Tripp isn’t the right guy for her and I don’t see her as in the right head space for a romantic relationship. I want to see Ben and Ciara continue to get to know each other and fall deeper for one another. I hope we see no cheating on Ciara’s end.

As for Ben and Abby, I think he’s definitely 100% over her. Much of his issues with her had to do with his untreated mental illness. Now that he’s taking medication and going to therapy he’s got himself under much better control. He’s no longer interested in Abby except probably trying to make amends to her,

Comment

• ALoyalSoapFan
      Soap Addict
      • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Flowercity79 View Post
      I didn't mind Ben and Abby but the chem with him and Ciara is way more intense. I hated the way abby treated him. He was a good boyfriend and very supportive of her in the beginning. It's sad what a monster he turned into. But I'm glad he has been rehabilitated, is remorseful & is taking his life back. I've said it before and will say it again-if all the other murderers and criminals in Salem who have committed crimes and were forgiven, then Ben can be forgiven and redeemed as well and it's that simple. He hates what he did and has tried to make amends. Of course I dont expect anyone to forgive right away but i am sure that he will redeem himself, just one day at a time.
      ICAM! In addition, unlike the sanctimonious holier-than-thou hypocrites he's acknowledging his crimes w/o once justifying his criminal crimes on his mental illness! He doesn't expect his victims and their family to forget and forgive! He was willing to allow Eve to kill him, if it'd ease her pain that he inflicted on her! He's willing to leave Salem to ease Hope's mind! He went to Marlena to be hypnotized to ease not only Ciara's mind but his that he did not set the fire! Realizing, I'm stretching but by the way Tripp was acting and was adamant that he was lying, when and after Ben told Ciara of being hypnotized and remembers everything and know w/o an iota of doubt that he did not set them fire, my thoughts were, ummm, Tripp thou are protesting too much, did you set the fire!

Comment

• Flowercity79
        Flowercity79 commented
        Editing a comment
        You know what...that crossed my mind as well! Stranger things have happened right? I believe someone will come after Ciara again and Ben will be the one to save her! I'm thinking it could be Chase or someone, I just cant think of anyone else who would try to kill her.

• ALoyalSoapFan
        ALoyalSoapFan commented
        Editing a comment
        ummm, Chase or Clyde?

• Benfan
        Benfan commented
        Editing a comment
        Love this Loyal. Ben is behaving better than anyone who has murdered lol. I think Tripp is also behaving oddly. I mean yes he is threatened by a real man but he should let Ben at least prove his innocence. Maybe Tripp did it?

I also hope Ben has to save Ciara from one of Hopes enemies namely Larry Welch, Chase, Clyde or her kidnapper from childhood. Ben will be her hero and Salem especially Rope will have to thank him. So irritating no one thanked him for saving her this time.
    • KatLovesSoaps
      Board Regular
      • Nov 2016

I didn't pay attention to/like Ben during his stint with Abby. He was pretty much used to prop up Chabby. He was the innocent one in the whole situation so they just decided to make him a serial killer to make Chabby the victims.

The only thing which I've seen a connection to - is when Ben asks Ciara if she's tricking him in the cabin. I thought his hesistancy and fear related to Abby constantly tricking him, because she did that a lot before and after he snapped.

Comment

• Benfan
        Benfan commented
        Editing a comment
        Ugh hate they turned Ben a killer. I hope he redeemed eventually. I hated chad the few times I tuned in when Abby was with chad and I hated Abby. I started to like chad when he got Abby back from her alters and now hate him more now than ever. I felt so bad for Ben when he asked that question to Ciara. Thank goodness Ciara only one of a few honest ones in Salem.

• Elle23276
        Elle23276 commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed. The neurotic, philandering Abby destroyed Ben, or what was left of him. A big part of Ben was already either destroyed or damaged, and if you don't believe that, talk to any childhood abuse survivor. Ben's acting out was an extreme case and is not the norm for abuse survivors. However when thinking about Ben's crimes, giving consideration to his past is prudent.
        Last edited by Elle23276; August 13, 2018, 07:36 PM.

• Benfan
        Benfan commented
        Editing a comment
        Elle23276. Just as Ben was a big reason for Abby breakdown she could have gotten it from crazy Laura as well. Abby was the reason Ben snapped so neither are innocent.
    • magoo1000
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Jj1701 View Post
      Yeah, Ben was written boring and RSW being the awesome actor that he is played him that way. That is why it was such a shock when Ben went psycho RSW went to town and knocked it out of the park!

Comment

• soapjunkie1987
        Recurring Poster
        • Jun 2018

I didn't really mind Ben & Abby before he snapped, but it didn't even come close to the chemistry he has with Ciara. Ben was needlessly destroyed just to prop Chabby. He wasn't a bad guy until Abby cheated on him. Even if he was already a powder keg waiting to explode, Abby still poured gasoline on it. But there's no doubt in my mind he's over her. He's gotten better, and he has Ciara now. Abby who?

Comment

• Benfan
          Benfan commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I'm seeing the chemistry between Cin is so much more than what he had with Abby. Ben doesn't talk about Abby at all except few times Ben explained why he snapped. I'm so glad he is over her!! Abby also tried to set Ben on fire!! And no one cares about that.
      • CincyLady
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by magoo1000 View Post
        Yeah, Ben was written boring and RSW being the awesome actor that he is played him that way. That is why it was such a shock when Ben went psycho RSW went to town and knocked it out of the park!
        And that's when tptb saw a diamond in the rough and wanted to keep him and bring him to the front and center with a good story. Unfortunately, the 'sick' Ben made it difficult for the writers to make him the good guy for some people. I'm so used to soaps creating unrealistic sls I can accept his redemption and I'm enjoying every minute of his sl with Ciara.

Comment

• Collette
          Board Regular
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Chabby lover View Post
          Ben, Ciara and Tripp are not the same as Ben, Abby, and Chad and the only one who will turn psycho will be Ben when he kills someone since he is very evil. Tripp is not evil at all that is all Ben. Tripp is a good guy. Ben is a serial killer who will kill again it just depends when.
          Ben will probably kill Claire since he sees what she's trying to do. Then he'll used the excuse that he didn't do it and try to convince Hope that Tripp did.

Comment

• rpmaluki
            rpmaluki commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't think that is their intention for the Ben character from this point forward.

• Elle23276
            Elle23276 commented
            Editing a comment
            He will? They brought him back solely to assassinate Claire? Expensive. Do you think Hope will be hard to convince?
        • anitalyfe
          Recurring Poster
          • Mar 2018

The fastest way to kill Cin for me will be to insert Abby into their story.

I'm sure I'll have to suffer with some interaction but I don't think they'll be anything romantic nor do I think they'll be in a story together (THANK GOD).

It cracks me up when I read that Ben will kill again. What is this based on?

1. New writers
          2. Brought back to be viable
          3. Story with Ciara

Ummm I'm missing what clues we are using that he is going to kill again. Because you can't feed me "he did it before" as a reason because he's not real and is written based on the whim of the writers. Last time he was tossed under a bus to become a villain to prop a certain couple. So I'm not really sure what logic we're using to assume this is going to happen again. Especially because number 3 is going to tie him to the canvas. He's making his own story vs being inserted into a losing battle. HUUUUGE difference.

As for Tripp. Well Tripp is young, immature, and dull. He's basically a child. Ciara aint got time for that crap. She needs a MAN and Ben fulfills that nicely

Comment

• tiff5555
            tiff5555 commented
            Editing a comment
            Well if Abby have emotions of her time with Ben, she would be upset with CIN. That Ben is treating Ciara good. Right now, Chad walked out on Abby, and that isn't a real man there.

• rpmaluki
            rpmaluki commented
            Editing a comment
            There's is high probability that Chabby is leaving and the fact that Ben hasn't had further interaction with them (together or separately) since the wedding and Chad driving Ben out of town, couple that with what they are doing with Ciara, I doubt Ben is being thrown into the same role from years ago. He's quickly becoming popular due to being one half of a potentially big pairing currently on screen and by his own right, I don't see Ron regressing him to prop duties when he a (beauty and the beast) romance with Ciara has so much more drama. Days has hit the jackpot with Ben and for the love of what's good, please keep him far away from Abigail!!!!!

• Benfan
            Benfan commented
            Editing a comment
            Anitalyfe. I love this post! They need to keep Ben and chabby far away from Cin and Ben. The only reason they need interaction is for both to apologize and forgive the other for trying to murder each other. Done. No more.

IKR its hilarious those who claim Ben will kill again. I have hope for Ben, not so much for Hope, Tripp Abby etc. I think the posters who feel that he going to snap is because Ben is not a Horton or brady. If your not a Horton Brady or Abby then your evil and unforgiven. Perhaps they may be Tripp fans who feel threatened about Ben being competion for Ciara. There is no competition . The only people allowed to murder and be forgiven is if your a child of a supercouple, Steve and Kayla or corrupt brady, Horton or Abigail dimera. Lol. Ben is only one in Salem who is a former killer who's had proper treatment medication or who feels remorseful. Shows how different he is now.
            I may get flamed for this opinion but we are all entitled to post our opinions.
            Agree with Tripp being a immature child. Ciara needs to get away from those bratty kids and have her own story.
            Last edited by Benfan; August 14, 2018, 12:51 PM.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X