Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Chad become the least sympathetic/most ire inducing person in this story?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did Chad become the least sympathetic/most ire inducing person in this story?

I used to find Abigail so repellant I mourned the fact that I was probably missing, what from the few non-Chabby related scenes we got from him, a pretty good character in Chad. At this point, I just do not care about her at all. Like, as a woman, I'm repulsed by Stefan's ish with her. But I mostly just zone out if she's talking.

And I still totally think Stefan is gross... but you know, his recently discovered mom just died. So that sucks.

Chad, tho. Even though he is objectively the least culpable person in this Stefan/Abby/Chad/Gabi mess, Chad is completely turning me off. His cry face, his angry face, concern face, his face face all = punchable face to me. I just cannot with him.

Just tired of his pouting face, blubbering, and next will be stomping his hands like a bratty kid. Then there’s Abigail and the no sense of urgency..just annoying.

Comment

• anitalyfe
      anitalyfe
      Recurring Poster
      anitalyfe commented
      Editing a comment
      I think his super tight suits make him grumpy.

BUT yes to Abby. Like girl feel SOMETHING. She just sorta walks in a trance about it all.

I have no problem with Chad at all.

Comment

That's not the case for me. He's human and everyone is expecting him to be more than human. Everyone is expecting him to just accept Stefan's baby with Abigail and no one is actually considering Chad in all of this.

I see where he's coming from. He's human and he's hurt too. Abigail can't decide what she actually wants nor can she even keep up with the fact that she was raped by Stefan. Chad walked out because he is a human with emotions and pain, contrary to what people seem to expect of him.

Comment

• PennyB
        PennyB
        Aspiring soap scribe
        PennyB commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. Chad is acting like a real human being...and he is still one of the best on the show. I'm about done with Days anyway because of Ben.

I love Chad and totally relate to his pain and hurt in this. He has just spent the last few months defending Abigail to her rapist and her rape and he walks in on her letting her rapist touch her belly and her possibly softening to her rapist. How should any guy react to a situation like that?? I find Chad's reaction human, and realistic. He gets my understanding, as well as Abigail gets it too.

Comment

Chad's feelings are the best part of the story since Abby seems dead inside, If Chad didn't love Abby he wouldn't be hurting so much. His wife is having his brothers baby for goodness sake, he's allowed to be angry and hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by soapfan21 View Post
        I have no problem with Chad at all.
        I don't either and I don't blame him one bit for the way he feels ... or acts. Most men would've walked after they saw their wife in bed with another man - enjoying sex. Regardless of the DID, I can't imagine any man erasing that image regardless of whether she was pregnant with her husband's child or not. jmo

Comment

• soapfan21
          soapfan21
          Board Regular
          soapfan21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Most men would've walked out after their wife faked her death and they had started a new life with another woman TBH.

Chad is human he has human feelings but he is only upset about the baby. Not anything else he loves Abigail and he wants to be with her but he can't stand that she thinks she is pregnant with his brothers baby that is what it all comes down to is that baby. Chad and Abby will be fine they will come out of this stronger when they find out what the witch did and they will get back together and cut the witch out of their life.

Comment

• lagirl
          lagirl
          Scriptwriter
          lagirl commented
          Editing a comment
          When things gets tough for Chad he runs away instead of staying and fighting.

Abigail has taken Chad on quite the ride. How much can anyone take of her non stop drama? She cheated on Ben and created drama, she pretended to be dead, she walked away from their wedding and now she's letting Stefan touch her belly???!!! Run Chadworth, don't walk!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chabby lover View Post
          Chad is human he has human feelings but he is only upset about the baby. Not anything else he loves Abigail and he wants to be with her but he can't stand that she thinks she is pregnant with his brothers baby that is what it all comes down to is that baby. Chad and Abby will be fine they will come out of this stronger when they find out what the witch did and they will get back together and cut the witch out of their life.
          Although, I know they will bc they deserve one another! When C&A are back together, although they are already, they'd be the biggest fools in soap's history! Why should it take finding out what the "witch" did for them to get back together? Marriages aren't all about sunshine and roses there will be good times and bad times. If their marriage is only based on "good times" then they're doomed and should get a divorce!

Personally, although, if I wanted to, I cannot pretend to have an ounce of sympathy for either of them. None of this would have happened if Chad had man-up and if she had an ounce of dignity & self-respect and moved & quit their jobs, when Stefan exposed himself to Abby, when she was playing "good-cop" for the sole benefit of protecting Thomas' legacy! Chad should have paid an ounce of attention to her and he would have known bc the signals were so clear that Stevie Wonder would have seen them that something wasn't right with her! By ignoring the signals is why he caught Gabby with a Y & Stefan in bed getting ready for another round of hot, steamy love making. Then spitting in his face at the precinct and professing her undying love for Stefan and her hatred for Chad and Abby carrying Stefan's "baby" will always be etched in his mind! Those are why he left her and excluding the latter the "witch" had nothing to do with what happened btw Gabby with a Y and Stefan and her spitting in Chad's face and professing her undying love for Stefan and hatred towards Chad!

However, I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for either of them! What happened would never have happened if they hadn't used Thomas as an excuse for not moving and quitting their jobs!

Comment

Originally posted by dimera friend View Post
            Abigail has taken Chad on quite the ride. How much can anyone take of her non stop drama? She cheated on Ben and created drama, she pretended to be dead, she walked away from their wedding and now she's letting Stefan touch her belly???!!! Run Chadworth, don't walk!!
            Actually, although, I somewhat agree with you but I cannot pretend to muster up an ounce of sympathy for either of them! Abby didn't take Chad on a ride, unwillingly, he knew exactly what he was getting himself into bc he was the person she was cheating with, when she was engaged to Ben! He went back to her and remarried her, after she left him a sniveling, begging, pleading, snotty nose mess, during their vow renewal. He went back to her & remarried her, after she sent him e-divorce papers and illegally married Dario knowing there were drug cartels after him, which put Thomas' life in danger! Chad should be used to her, saying one thing and doing another bc she's a pathetic drama queen that gets off creating chaos and confusion, knowing her coddling enablers will justify her actions!

I refuse to change my mind and will firmly stand on my belief that everything that's happening would never have happened, if Chad had paid an ounce of attention to her! The signs were crystal clear that Stevie Wonder would have seen that something wasn't mentally right with her! Therefore, he made his bed, along with his wife and they should enjoy laying in it!

Comment

Originally posted by dimera friend View Post
              A seemingly endless ride of drama and she is always the center. And he always goes back. Always forgives. Always begs forgiveness for the things that she has done yet are somehow his fault. Always chasing a love and happiness that they've never actually had.

But it's never enough. Anytime he falters, anytime he shows human emotion and struggles, he's a/the bad guy. Even when he tries to do the right thing, sometimes he's the bad guy anyway because it's a "poor Abigail" situation. Abigail and her drama are toxic and once you get in, there's no getting out. Your life will be judged based on how you handle her drama and anything short of the patience, love, and understanding typically only expected from the divine will suffice.

Comment

Originally posted by ALoyalSoapFan View Post
                Actually, although, I somewhat agree with you but I cannot pretend to muster up an ounce of sympathy for either of them! Abby didn't take Chad on a ride, unwillingly, he knew exactly what he was getting himself into bc he was the person she was cheating with, when she was engaged to Ben! He went back to her and remarried her, after she left him a sniveling, begging, pleading, snotty nose mess, during their vow renewal. He went back to her & remarried her, after she sent him e-divorce papers and illegally married Dario knowing there were drug cartels after him, which put Thomas' life in danger! Chad should be used to her, saying one thing and doing another bc she's a pathetic drama queen that gets off creating chaos and confusion, knowing her coddling enablers will justify her actions!
                I think this is definitely part of it. Chad chooses Abby and her BS over and over. I felt sorry for him when Abby faked her death (even if I thought he was an idiot for wanting her in the first place). But at this point, he's chosen chaos and pain at every turn.

But is also that, since he chose this emotional circus, he needs to step the F up for his recently raped wife. If he can't handle it, I could get that. But his raging then crying is tedious. And more so since he's aiming a lot of it a his rape victim wife. Hey douche canoe, you don't get to tell Abby how she deals with her trauma. I get that he's been hurt, but instead of listening to her, he's treating everything she does like he was the victim and HIS needs are paramount....

And again... tears and raging and more tears. Nope.
                rkm137
                Aspiring soap scribe
                Last edited by rkm137; August 10, 2018, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• icyblue2034
                  icyblue2034
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  icyblue2034 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He has not being doing that at all! He's been trying to work this out while everyone has made clear to him that he isn't supposed to feel ANYTHING. He's supposed to put it all aside for her and she can't even be bothered to play on the same team as the husband she expects to stick around. This can NOT be one sided if it is too succeed and that's the problem - everyone thinks it is only about Abigail and it's not. No matter how used to that she is, Abigail cannot expect everyone to fall in line and do whatever it takes to make her feel better. This is way too complicated for that.

Chad has known from the get go that Abigail came with baggage and yet the is walking out on her because of baggage. No way do I feel sorry for him because he is just getting what he asked for when he chose her.

Comment

Originally posted by lagirl View Post
                  Chad has known from the get go that Abigail came with baggage and yet the is walking out on her because of baggage. No way do I feel sorry for him because he is just getting what he asked for when he chose her.
                  Yeah, he knew she came with baggage. Problem is she's continuously adding to it with her never ending series of dramatic occurrences that all center on her. She's got enough baggage to fill an airplane's cargo even after the airline has lost some of it! Everyone expects Chad to be a saint about it but no main is a saint and Chad is now being attacked over failing to be that perfect saint.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X