Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did some couples not have portmanteaus?

Here on the SOC message boards we refer to the combined couple names as 'squish names'....or hybrid couple names, etc. They are also called portmanteaus. Lily and Holden become 'Lilden', Carly and Jack become 'CarJack', Noah and Luke become 'Nuke'...etc. But I don't recall seeing them for every couple that existed on the show, and I'm wondering if someone can fill in the blanks for me on some couples if they did have them as to what they were.

Kim/Bob
    Margo/Tom
    Henry/Barbara
    Katie/Chris
    Dusty/Janet

Thanks!

Tom/Margo---I've seen the unimaginative ToMargo
    Henry/Barbara---I think I saw some do Benry, or Bank (shortening Henry to Hank)

I don't remember any for Katie/Chris or Dusty/Janet. While Dusty/Janet could be Justy, I think they used that for Dusty/Jennifer. I don't think Kim/Bob really had one either, mostly because they predate the squish name era, and they have short names anyway.

Comment

Thanks, Parker Joe! I appreciate the information.

Comment

Some suggestions:

Kim/Bob = Kob

Margo/Tom = Togo
        Henry/Barbara = Henbar
        Katie/Chris = Chratie
        Dusty/Janet = Dustnet

Whatcha think?
        Last edited by BauerBoy; 06-29-2017, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Personally, I had no use for that type of thing. Perhaps neither did many ATWT fans. It always struck me as a bit dismissive of the fact that these were individual characters with their own personal histories before they became couples. Also many of the best known couples in ATWT's history were created long before this squish-name became a thing.

Comment

Tom and Margo's romance was epic, but that was before portmanteaus. The other couples didn't have the "capture your imagination" portmanteau type of romance imho.

Comment

I don’t really mind them . Some are cute others seem perfect while someone are unfortunate. I didn’t like them at all at first but I came to see it as short hand .

Comment

Originally posted by scriptreuse View Post
                Personally, I had no use for that type of thing. Perhaps neither did many ATWT fans. It always struck me as a bit dismissive of the fact that these were individual characters with their own personal histories before they became couples. Also many of the best known couples in ATWT's history were created long before this squish-name became a thing.

I'm with you. Frankly I find them incredibly dumb.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X