• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WalnutGirl
    Senior Board Member
    • Jul 2019

The Snyder's love of skinny dipping

I recall that was one of their favorite pasttimes. Maybe being farmers, it helped them stay attuned with nature, who knows. But I recall Emma asked Meg to go skinny dipping with her in one episode, I imagine some families in real-life do that too, especially free spirited ones. To each their own. I recall the actress Nadia B who plays Chloe on Days mentioned as a young girl in Sweden, her family would bathe or take saunas together sans clothing which according to her was normal in Sweden. Personally due to my prudish nature, I could never do that.
  • GuidingLite
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Sep 2004

I remember a scene where Nikki Graves (the second version of her) was in the Snyder Pond and Henry Coleman jumped in with her...and while it was just the briefest of moments...it appeared he was actually nude in the scene, lol.

In countries outside the U.S. nudity is far more common in the home, or at least the absence of self-consciousness with it. Entire families bathe together in bath houses in Japan...a family sauna in the Scandinavian countries is just that....a family sauna.....and typically done without clothing....and there are many other examples of this. I have camped with my boys and bathed in a river without a bathing suit (I am male) It was not awkward at all. I think here in the U.S. there is such a tendency to equate nudity with sex, that the thought of nudity without sex being a factor has become a forbidden thing. But in other areas of the world, it's very common.

I always liked the references on ATWT to skinny dipping in the Snyder Pond....I thought it showed a closeness in the family that other families on tv were lacking....and I never thought there was anything 'off' about the family members going to the pond together.

Comment

• WalnutGirl
      Senior Board Member
      • Jul 2019

I knew about Japan. Did Nikki and Henry date at one time? I am sure the actor had a body suit on. Unless the soap wanted to be daring. Besides Jordana Brewster, who else played Nikki. Did the other characters ask permission to skinny dip at the Snyder pond, or was the pond open to anyone? I thought it was private property. I think a teenage Rosanna and Sabrina went skinny dipping as well.

Comment

• GuidingLite
        GuidingLite commented
        Editing a comment
        Henry liked Nikki, but she had eyes for Mike Kasnov.....the actress who was playing Nikki at the time was named McKenzie Satterthwaite (I had to look that up, lol). I think the Snyders were pretty open to anyone using the pond. It was private property, the Snyder farm, but I grew up living near a farm that had a pond on the property and no one cared who used the pond as long as you didn't damage the land or litter there, so it was never looked upon as trespassing....in the winter the entire surrounding families would use a hill in a field for sledding....it was just understood that it was okay....
    • shandy0630
      Recurring Poster
      • Jan 2020

I know Tom and Margo went skinny dipping at the pond near Cal's house. I don't know if that was Snyder Pond or not. That was in 1991, I think, when Cal and Lyla started dating.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
      Working...
      X