• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WalnutGirl
    Senior Board Member
    • Jul 2019

Did Damian and Luke ever make peace?

I recall he really had hard time accepting Luke was gay before I stopped watching the show.
  • JSF777
    Lurking in the Shadows
    • Mar 2020

yes and no. When Damian returned to Oakdale to make peace with his son, Noah convinced Luke to give him another chance. A lot of things happened before Luke was convinced that Damian really changed and he truly accepted him for who he was, but even tho Damien indeed changed his view about Luke's sexual orientation, he didn't change his manipulative personality, which left Luke not wanting anything to do with him. The show ended with Damian in jail and Luke not wanting to see him again.

(but Damien did accept him)

Comment

• WalnutGirl
      WalnutGirl commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for letting me know.
  • GuidingLite
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Sep 2004

I'd have had a hard time getting beyond trying to send me to a conversion camp to try to make me straight, if I were Luke....but for his sake I am glad they made peace...

Comment

• shandy0630
      shandy0630 commented
      Editing a comment
      Luke did push Lily down some stairs (I believe) while they were arguing. Lily was in a coma and gave birth to Ethan (by c-section) while in the coma. Martha Byrne was on extended maternity leave while Lily was in the coma because Martha's daughter had some health issues right after she was born.

• WalnutGirl
      WalnutGirl commented
      Editing a comment
      I can imagine Luke was racked with guilt. Did Holden, Emma, Iva, or Lucinda give him hell!

• msan1025
      msan1025 commented
      Editing a comment
      WalnutGirl I don't think they did because it was an accident. I think she was following him up the stairs and when she reached out to grab him, he pulled away and she lost her balance and fell.
  • GuidingLite
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Sep 2004

No, she had the baby.....Ethan Walsh Snyder....Lily was in a coma for a while (while the actress was on leave)....but she didn't lose the baby....

Comment

• Generosa1985
      Day Player
      • Apr 2022

Originally posted by GuidingLite View Post
      I'd have had a hard time getting beyond trying to send me to a conversion camp to try to make me straight, if I were Luke....but for his sake I am glad they made peace...
      I'm one who do remember, and I was happy Guiding Lite, both did make peace with it. I did not like how Damien was acting, even if I do somewhat understand, but happy both did make peace with it all. Such a great soap. Miss ATWT.

Comment

• GuidingLite
        GuidingLite commented
        Editing a comment
        I have to admit I didn't watch the last few years of the show....I think it was wonderful in a lot of ways, but the quality of the stories had, to me, fallen apart toward the end...the Mick Dante character claiming he was James Stenbeck reincarnated....Meg Snyder going crazy....Emily Stewart kidnapping Dusty and holding him hostage....if, like I did, a person started watching in the Douglas Marland years....what the show became toward the end was a pale imitation of what it had been. It was around the time Henry Coleman became YET ANOTHER long-lost son of James Stenbeck....after Jordan Sinclair, and David Stenbeck, and the one they invented that he had with Lucinda.(which supposedly was David)...it was getting as old as the endless parade of long-lost children of Stefano DiMera on Days....and after about the fourth back from the dead for James...I was losing interest in the sweeps stunt stories they were telling (like most other soaps).

But when it was good...it was REALLY good...Lily's true parentage....the real story of who James Stenbeck was....John Dixon's 'death' and resurrection....Tom and Margo's early adventures....I loved the introduction of Royce Keller and Neal Alcott (Lucinda's half-siblings by her mother Gloria) and even Connor and Evan, the other Walsh kids....Sierra and Craig's romance....ATWT had some really wonderful years.....
    • WalnutGirl
      Senior Board Member
      • Jul 2019

I liked those stories too. How did John die?

Comment

• Russell1947
        Soap Addict
        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by WalnutGirl View Post
        I liked those stories too. How did John die?
        John didn’t die. When ATWT ended, John had returned to help with Chris I believe after the heart transplant from Reid (IMO, the worst decision ever made. Luke the character not given a HEA). Anyhow, last we saw, John and Lucinda were getting back together.

Comment

• TeamLuRe
          Soap Addict
          • Jul 2010

Uh, I thought their last scene was the one where Damian called Luke to his office, telling him that he was leaving Grimaldi Shipping to him because he was hopping a freighter to get out of the country. He told Luke that he would hear a lot of bad things about him (which he did), but to remember everything he did was for his family. Luke told him to be careful, then they hugged before Damian skedaddled. So I thought they were at peace at that point.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X