Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Carly Tenney-Snyder: Was she Detective Jack Snyder's True Love?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nikki7447xoxo
    Contract Poster
    • Sep 2019

Carly Tenney-Snyder: Was she Detective Jack Snyder's True Love?

Hola.

Question:

I loved everything about Jack(Detective Snyder) and Carly. However, some fans of the soap, I've seen online were saying how she was all wrong for Jack (even if she was first involved with Brad, Jack's brother.)

From the very second when Carly stepped into the city of Oakdale I felt sparks regarding her and Detective Jack Snyder. Some felt Jack could've done "better" than to "settle for Carly." But personally? I have seen real sparks, from the very first scene involving Jack and Carly. I did enjoy her and Dr.John Dixon's scenes, even if they were more of a "business thing if I remember correctly."

She and Hal IMO were better off as just friends.

Was Carly, Jack's 1 and only true love? I believe she was. Carly changed, in a good way, and that is the main reason why
    I 'm glad they both ended up happy after all was said and done. Adios.
    Last edited by Nikki7447xoxo; April 2, 2022, 04:55 PM. Reason: spelling. and add-on emoticon.
  • CouchCruisin'
    Executive Poster
    • May 2014

Originally posted by Nikki7447xoxo View Post
    Hola.

Question:

Was Carly, Jack's 1 and only true love? I believe she was. Carly changed, in a good way, and that is the main reason why
    I 'm glad they both ended up happy after all was said and done. Adios.
    Yes Nikki, she absolutely was!

Comment

• lpatter
      Board Regular
      • Mar 2010

100%....there's never been a soap couple so perfect for each other...ps CBS just canceled the talk...bring back ATWT

Comment

• KristaZ
        Senior Board Member
        • Feb 2007

The show made it clear that it was Jack and Carly as the true loves of each other lives... no doubt. It had been that way from the day they met. ATWT ended with Carly and Jack getting married again... it was the show's grand finale pretty much.

Jack married three other women besides Carly .... during each of those marriages it was made clear that Carly was the woman Jack really wanted and loved but, he buried those feelings and fought with them continually. The scene by the lake in 2010 where the old boat house used to be, Jack admitted it was always Carly and after he met her it was too late for any other woman to ever truly have his heart.

It was a soap though so they needed drama and story lines so over the years Carly did stupid things and Jack built up a good amount of anger about it. After Carly left with Simon and came back there was about 3 years of Jack trying to convince himself that being without Carly was the only way he would ever be happy. During the same period Carly was pretty up front about how she felt for Jack.. she never really had a significant relationship again after 2006 and Simon. I do not consider Craig significant.. she never loved him. The 2006-2010 years for Carjack was pretty brutal for their fans... JP really tortured us.... especially Carly fans... it was years of Carly begging and being alone for the most part and Jack pretending to really want and love Katie and Janet but, even then it was evident he was just suppressing his feelings for Carly.

Anyway, the answer is yes.. in my opinion there is no room for even debate about it... ATWT made it clear.

Comment

• CaraCare
          Newcomer
          • Sep 2023

Yes. Jack admitted many times that only Carly truly had his heart. I think Julia Lindsey and Janet were the women that he loved the most (after Carly) but look how they ended, especially Julia!
          Julia I, Julia II, Katie, and Janet all knew deep down that they didn't stand a chance.

Also, I actually liked all the interlopers (minus Holden). I didn't exactly like Craig either, but I loved to hate him.

Carly and Jack both annoyed me off and on throughout the years but they were clearly meant to be. Also, Michael and Maura had wonderful chemistry. I could tell that they're good friends in real life. That also helped sell me on Jack/Carly.

Comment

• msan1025
            Board Regular
            • Sep 2013

Absolutely. When a couple keeps coming back to one another, that's a clear sign that they're each other's true love. Carly loved Jack and Jack loved Carly. Even with all her faults.

Comment

• parker joe
              I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
              • Feb 2005

As a Carjacker, I must answer yes.

But just to play devil's advocate---who in Oakdale was a better option? Other than Lily, the women in Oakdale (during Jack's time) were some variety of schemer. (Even if Julia Lindsay started out as a "good" person, she ended up crazy) Jack didn't want some goody-goody.

Comment

• CaraCare
                Newcomer
                • Sep 2023

Originally posted by parker joe View Post
                As a Carjacker, I must answer yes.

But just to play devil's advocate---who in Oakdale was a better option? Other than Lily, the women in Oakdale (during Jack's time) were some variety of schemer. (Even if Julia Lindsay started out as a "good" person, she ended up crazy) Jack didn't want some goody-goody.
                Julia should have just married that prince that Jack saved her from. Her life would have been much better. I really enjoyed her though, both sane and insane. But anyway, Jack loved Carly for all her good qualities AND her bad ones, even if he refused to admit it. He wouldn't have it any other way. I think his relationship with Katie, especially, was all about Carly. He wanted to strike back at Carly at the time, and Katie was almost exactly like her.

Comment

• parker joe
                  parker joe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Jack dating Katie was a joke. The woman had just cheated on her husband with Simon, and then hounded him (along with Carly) out of town out of jealousy. Carly may have been devious, but after Parker, her goal was always to protect those she loved. Katie was nothin but a thoughtless narcissist. I will never forget how she goaded Henry into marriage simply to get Mike's attention, then went out of her way to spy on Mike and Jenn for Craig. UGH.
              • CaraCare
                Newcomer
                • Sep 2023

Jack was supposed to be proof that Katie "matured". Wrong. He didn't even chew Katie out at all for what she did to Carly (which hurt his family as well). Also, Jack and Katie really seemed like brother and sister. He had more chemistry with both Julias and Janet. He certainly had more chemistry with MW/Carly.

Katie/Jack and Holden/Carly were the worst. No chemistry and neither pairing made any sense. Not that I liked Jack or Carly's other relationships/marriages either but you could at least explain the others.

I don't even hate Katie, but it would have been better if Mike had divorced her after blaming her for Nick's death. That would have been a good story, since Mark Collier was leaving soon anyway. It would have been better than a Mike/Katie/Simon/Carly quadrangle. Then maybe Carly leaves for a few months (for Maura's maternity leave at the time) for reasons that have nothing to do with Katie. Then Jack/Katie would have made more sense, for a few months anyway while Carly's gone.
                Last edited by CaraCare; October 5, 2023, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• kamden
                  Newcomer
                  • Oct 2005

Hated Katie blamed Henry for brad death it was Katie’s fault she just got off bed rest went after manzo, henry never asked her to

Comment

• kamden
                    Newcomer
                    • Oct 2005

Yes Carly was jack true love he forgave her for everything, Carly lies, and takes shortcuts but she never seeks to hurt others for her own gain, like Katie and barbara

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X