Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Native American character Simone

She was Andy's college friend and boarded at Lila's house. Lila developed an interest in Native American culture due to their friendship. She also worked at the boutique with Tess. How did she exit the show, I liked the character. I recall she was studying to be a lawyer like her sister. I read once that the actress was actually in her early 30's via an old IMDB post, but that may not be true. I also recall she spoke once on Geraldo. Does anyone else remember her?

Originally posted by WalnutGirl View Post
    She was Andy's college friend and boarded at Lila's house. Lila developed an interest in Native American culture due to their friendship. She also worked at the boutique with Tess. How did she exit the show, I liked the character. I recall she was studying to be a lawyer like her sister. I read once that the actress was actually in her early 30's via an old IMDB post, but that may not be true. I also recall she spoke once on Geraldo. Does anyone else remember her?
    I do. I know she was on around 1992. Her family had something to do with some land that Lyla's fiance (at the time), Cal, wanted to purchase and develop. I can't remember exactly what happened around that but I know the situation caused problems for Lyla and Cal and they ended their engagement in late '92 or early '93 then Lyla (and Katie) left Oakdale. I think Simone ended up going back to New Mexico (where her family was from).

Comment

I remember the friction between Cal and Lila, but did recall the reason. I forgot the state Simone was from.

Comment

Lyla and Cal's son both decided to side against him and for the Native American tribe. Cal and Lyla broke up when she let it known that she was on their side.

Comment

• WalnutGirl
          WalnutGirl commented
          Editing a comment
          Never knew Josh was involved.

Oh this is so helpful, I'm remembering her, but vaguely. Walnut Girl. Hola. (hello)

and i wish we can get the show back on-air. Re-runs, daily. I sure would watch!

I remember, a channel called Soap Talk!
        Was on cable, and i loved how it would show some old classic soaps.

I wish that would happen again, with so many cable networks out there,satellite,
        to streaming etc.

Adios.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki7447xoxo View Post
          Oh this is so helpful, I'm remembering her, but vaguely. Walnut Girl. Hola. (hello)

I wish that would happen again, with so many cable networks out there,satellite,
          to streaming etc.

Adios.
          Soap Talk was a soap related talk show on SOAPnet, which no longer exists.

As far as ATWT returning to the air, it isn't going to happen. The company that owns the rights, TeleNext Media (formerly known as PGP), has absolutely no interest in selling any rights to any of the shows that company owns.

Financially, it's not a profitable undertaking because of the enormous cost of having to convert any of the analog video footage that remains to digital. It's also a time consuming process. In addition, there is the issue of royalties for those who were involved (actors/actresses, writers, etc.). There's the issue of those royalties having to be paid to estates of those who have passed on--which is a whole other legal issue in itself. Broadcast rights are going to have to be negotiated and these days, those rights are going for at least hundreds of millions (if not around a billion at this point).

In addition, there are rumors that the warehouse that the tapes of ATWT were stored in was severely damaged in a fire and a lot of those tapes were destroyed. Also, the majority of the episodes from the very early years were recorded over and a lot of those do not exist.

I'm just the messenger on this--but there isn't a demand for those shows. With Days moving to Peacock next month, soaps are slowly going to become a thing of the past and there's not a whole lot that can be done about it because of the cost to produce those shows.

Comment

• WalnutGirl
            WalnutGirl commented
            Editing a comment
            Well at least we still got 3 on network TV.

• shandy0630
            shandy0630 commented
            Editing a comment
            WalnutGirl, I wouldn't be surprised if ABC/Disney drops GH after that show celebrates its 60th anniversary in April.. The other two could very well get moved to streaming on Paramount+, depending on how Days does on Peacock. The Soap genre is dying and I wouldn't be surprised if no shows were left in about 5-6 years.

Even with people watching the remaining three on "On Demand" or streaming, the demand and the demographic is dwindling and the ones who are devoted to watching daily won't be enough to save the genre.

That's reality and people need to start facing it soaps are probably going to become a thing of the past before this decade is over with.
            Last edited by shandy0630; August 18, 2022, 06:22 PM.

Originally posted by Nikki7447xoxo View Post

to streaming etc.

Adios.
          Well, getting As The World Turns episodes on any kind of streaming service isn't going to happen because according to at least one former well known actress who was on the show, P&G/Telenext Media destroyed ALL the media (tapes, DVD's, etc.) the show was on and it wasn't just As The World Turns, it was ALL of the shows that P&G owned.

That was stated in a recent ATWT reunion zoom for some fundraiser.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X