Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuart Damon (ex-Ralph Manzo) has died

Stuart Damon, who played mobster Ralph Manzo from 2009-10 and also best known for his role as Alan Quartermaine on General Hospital, has passed away at the age of 84.

He's the second ATWT/GH alum to pass away this year. John Reilly (ex-Dan Stewart, ex-Sean Donely on General Hospital) passed away in January.

Was John Dan in the70's and early 80's? If so I recall him. I am saddened by Stuart's demise. He was multi talented. He got a raw deal from GH when they fired him. I am sure GH will dedicate an episode to him. Alan died years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by WalnutGirl View Post
      Was John Dan in the70's and early 80's? If so I recall him. I am saddened by Stuart's demise. He was multi talented. He got a raw deal from GH when they fired him. I am sure GH will dedicate an episode to him. Alan died years ago.
      John was Dan from 1974-1976. He moved out to California shortly after he left ATWT and started on GH in 1984.

Stuart did get a raw deal and that can all be blamed on Jill Farren Phelps, who has/had a history of killing off characters who were fan favorites on shows she took over--she did the same thing to Ellen Parker when she was fired from GL back in late 1991 and Jill STILL receives backlash from that still even today.

Comment

I recall Phelps killed off Cordelia Abbot a few years ago on Y&R. I did not know Ellen was fired.

Comment

Originally posted by WalnutGirl View Post
          I recall Phelps killed off Cordelia Abbot a few years ago on Y&R. I did not know Ellen was fired.
          Jill fired Ellen, just like she fired Stuart from General Hospital. I read that Stuart's last day of taping on GH (where Alan died) was actually on his birthday.

Comment

Stuart Damon was the Prince in the Rogers and Hammerstein Cinderella back in the mid-60s.

Comment

He was definitely a Prince in Cinderella and equally as wonderful as Alan on General Hospital. GH made a huge mistake letting him go. He was always a delight. My condolences to his family.

Comment

Originally posted by Brighton View Post
                He was definitely a Prince in Cinderella and equally as wonderful as Alan on General Hospital. GH made a huge mistake letting him go. He was always a delight. My condolences to his family.
                TPTB at GH made a big mistake in not only letting him go back in 2013 (I think), but also several other popular characters in previous years. I've tried watching lately, and it's gone downhill, big time.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X