Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vdalem View Post
    Better then what we have now!
    Absolutely! I liked both soaps but probably preferred ATWT. I was so sad when it went off the air.

Comment

• Vdalem
      Vdalem commented
      Editing a comment
      I missed both of them.

• CincyLady
      CincyLady commented
      Editing a comment
      And the soaps on today are an embarrassing comparison.

What were the time slots of GL (time ?) and ATWT which at 1or 2 pm?

Comment

In Russia we only had chance to watch "Santa Barbara", "Sunset Beach", "Bold and Beautiful", "Passions" and "Dallas" with "Dynasty". I never watched soaps like "Guiding Light" or "As the World Turns". I know them only from the wikipedia and youtube.

I must admit that now I watch "Days" and "B&B" and I think these sopas are great too. "Days" remind me the style of "Santa Barbara" and "Sunset Beach".

Comment

I always like comparing soaps. GL and ATWT were very unique in their shows. Its not like ATWT was like YR or GL like GH. I guess with Mindy/Rick/Philip/Beth would be counterparts to AMC-Jessie/Angie/Jenny/Greg.

Comment

Originally posted by Vdalem View Post
          Better then what we have now!
          Preach. If we were living in a perfect world, the two CBS soaps on the air right now would be As the World Turns and Guiding Light while the ABC soap would be One Life to Live and the NBC soap would be Another World.

100% truth.

Comment

I liked GL better through the 90's and then ATWT became the favorite until the end. GL become a hot, ugly mess during most of the '00s. ATWT ended with some dignity, although, looking back, it was pretty terrible in the last 3 years.

Comment

This is such a Sophie's choice question for me. I watched GL more because I would get to see the entire episode. I'd only get to see the last half of ATWT when I'd get home from school. Once I had a DVR though, I never missed an episode of either. GL strayed from it's roots where ATWT tried to stick closer to theirs. I really wish that another network would have swooped in and saved them both.

Comment

ATWT was better but I liked both soaps. I wish CBS had kept all their soaps. I miss ATWT and GL a lot.

I miss seeing Lucinda, Josh and Reva on my TV!!!

Comment

ATWT to me felt slower in pace. Not as action adventure as much for the most part, unless Duncan was involved. GL felt briter in terms of atmosphere. I don't know how to put this. ATWT had a 7 pm nocternal feel to it. GL always felt like all the action was taken place at 2 pm in the pm. ATWT felt like all of the cast were on everyday and they would be at family/work/social events, but still playing out their story. GL felt like individual stories were playing out. The Bauers/Spalding/Lewis/Cooper Clan were the focal point.

GL felt like I was visiting my cousins. ATWT was a bit more like family. Even though my ethnic background is Jamaican. Lisa would be my God Mother. Kim/Bob would be my Aunt and Uncle. Tom/Margo would be by older cousins. Jessica would be my Aunt. If I go by how they made me feel watching it.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X