X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luvmesomesoaps1
    Recurring Poster
    • Feb 2010

It was definitely Reid's and his death was utterly pointless.

Comment

• Russell1947
      Soap Addict
      • Aug 2006

Hal, Chris and Nancy were unavoidable since the actors actually died.

As far as scripted deaths, Reid was really terrible. The writers didn’t seem to think Luke deserved a happy ending.

Jennifer’s death, Johnny, Barbara and Jon’s baby was horrible. Jeff and Neil, Penny’s first 2 husbands were sad, as was Dr Cassen, Clair, Ellen’s mother. David Stewart, his son Paul and Dan, Ellen’ bio son.

Having Elizabeth, Betsy’s mother fall up the stairs was ridiculous. Died because supposedly the head writer/creator didn’t like the actress.

Comment

• veryoldatwtfan
        Senior Board Member
        • May 2010

Reid for me too. Absolutely awful.

Comment

• PatrickJLillis
          Day Player
          • Dec 2013

Reid. They ended the show with zero happy endings for any of the gay characters ): Not good, ATWT!

Comment

• GuidingLite
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Sep 2004

I have a few ATWT deaths that seemed so sad to me:

1. Rose D'Angelo - When John Dixon told Lily, 'Her organs are shutting down' and Lily replied, 'Well you have to stop it, John!' I cried....the futility in Lily's voice despite her plea to John...so sad.
            2. Nancy Hughes - What a tragedy that the actress died not long before the show ended....after such an incredible run.
            3. Hal Munson - Another tragedy as the actor died, necessitating the death of the character.

Comment

• CouchCruisin'
              Executive Poster
              • May 2014

I agree with all your picks and I would add Brad to the list.
              I thought it was really stupid to kill him off.
              I couldn't stand Katie, but he made her (almost) tolerable.

Comment

• TommyP
                Board Regular
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TeamLuRe View Post
                Dr. Reid Oliver. Why they did that to us in the final year is beyond me.
                Ried should have stayed on until the very last episode but not kill off his character. He could have been later revealed as John Dixon's long lost son.

Comment

• H_Harriet
                  Board Regular
                  • Aug 2021

Originally posted by Emerald Greens View Post
                  Reed Oliver . I lost all interest in the show after that although it was almost over.
                  I blame Bill Lewis for Reed's death. Bill Lewis ignored his heart problems to the point where he needed a new heart. So poor Reed tries to rush over the harvested organ only to be struck down by a train. If Bill took care of himself, none of that would have happened. I remember Bill on the golf course pontificating about being the chief of staff at the hospital or something like that. So then when Bill gets REED'S heart, he decides that he's not even sure if he wants the promotion. THE PROMOTION WAS THE WHOLE REASON THAT HE WAS IGNORING HIS HEART ISSUES. And poor Reed had to die because of Bill's dumbass decisions. That story always outraged me.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
                    Emerald Greens commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He was sacrificed for other characters no doubt it's something that happens especially in daytime .I just don't care for it.
                • bopeonarope
                  Board Regular
                  • Sep 2018

Casey Peretti in 1990 when Margo had to pull the plug in the hospital.

Comment

• WalnutGirl
                    WalnutGirl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That was sad.
                • JSF777
                  Lurking in the Shadows
                  • Mar 2020

Nancy Hughes, basically because of the actress, the rest are just meh.

Comment

• CaraCare
                    Newcomer
                    • Sep 2023

Hi everybody!

Nancy Hughes, absolutely.

I agree with everyone who said Jennifer's death was one of the worst and most unnecessary. Jennifer already went through hell after sleeping with Craig (ugh!), getting pregnant by Craig (OY), and then miscarrying her baby.

Hal's was even sadder because of Ben Hendrickson's death in real life. Many of his costars still talk about how much they miss him.

I also want to add Nick Kasnoff from that same year year. Not because of the character but because there was barely any fallout and it was dropped so fast. It was a good story. Carly got suspicious of Nick and soon Katie did too. Mike was turning against Katie and Carly because they had it in for Nick and didn't trust him. It was also a good story because Katie wasn't playing games for once. Then when Mike finally realized the truth, Nick attacked him and then Katie fatally shot him. Mike couldn't forgive Katie for a few days but then he quickly forgot about it. Mark Collier probably gave his best performance when Mike was grieving Nick and lashing out at Katie. But a week later, it was dropped to go back to the Mike/Katie/Simon triangle.​ Actually, a Mike/Katie/Simon/Carly quadrangle...
                    Last edited by CaraCare; September 5, 2023, 12:26 AM.

Comment

• WalnutGirl
                      WalnutGirl commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I recall Katie and. Simon, and liked them as a couple. But I never knew Katie dated Mike. Was Nick the sibling who had the affair with Connor when she was married to Cal?

• WalnutGirl
                      WalnutGirl commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ben must have been a really nice dude, for his costars to feel that way. I recall the shock when I read about his demise as well.
                  • CaraCare
                    Newcomer
                    • Sep 2023

Originally posted by WalnutGirl View Post
                    Ben must have been a really nice dude, for his costars to feel that way. I recall the shock when I read about his demise as well.
                    Hi. Yes, Ben Hendrickson was missed by all of his costars. Kim Onasch (the first Jennifer) actually talked about him recently. She even called him a second father in that recent interview. I didn't really like the first Jennifer, but KO's scenes with Ben were very genuine. I could tell that they liked working together. A lot of people said that Ben was also one of the funniest people on set.

Comment

• CaraCare
                      Newcomer
                      • Sep 2023

Originally posted by WalnutGirl View Post
                      I recall Katie and. Simon, and liked them as a couple. But I never knew Katie dated Mike. Was Nick the sibling who had the affair with Connor when she was married to Cal?
                      Mike Kasnoff (Mark Collier) and Katie were together on and off late 2003-early 2007. Nick Kasnoff was Mike's cousin. Nick was a short term character in 2006. The story happened in May-June 2006. It was a crazy but good story concerning hidden jewels and a woman being murdered years before and being stored in Jack and Carly's basement. Turns out Nick had killed that woman. The story ended with Mike and Katie confronting Nick. Nick attacked Mike, and Katie shot Nick in the chest (in self defense). When Nick died, Mike lashed out at Katie and pushed her away, while Katie basically refused to give him space and kept begging him to let her in. A week later, they talked it out and it was forgotten (although I really think Mike internalized it and still resented her. Simon was just the last straw). It should have gone on longer, but it was basically rushed so the show could go back to the redundant Mike/Katie/Simon triangle. Then Katie cheats on Mike with Simon, once (while Simon is in a relationship with Carly, of all people). That's when Mike left for good, even when Katie tried to prove that she's over Simon (and she clearly wasn't).
                      At the same time that Mike left Katie for good, Simon is running from the law (with Carly!) Crazy, huh?!

I haven't rewatched too much of ATWT lately. That story was the one story I rewatched from 2006 recently. The other stories that I rewatched are from other years and are more known to viewers.

I liked Katie and Simon a lot. I wish they ended up together in the end, but it wasn't meant to be I guess.​
                      Last edited by CaraCare; September 4, 2023, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X