Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. I say that because I think that the show would heavily focus on characters that I don't have any vested interest in. Characters who I would want to see wouldn't be on as much and I just don't think I would be able to stick to watching it.

Also, I think a lot of characters would be recast because of the actors having moved on to other things. There are some actors on General Hospital and out on the west coast. There are actors (such as Scott Holmes) who are retired and probably don't want to do another round of ATWT.

Comment

With the decline of soaps on tv and the success of other revived shows on streaming channels, it does seem like a good time to revive soaps on Netflix or other streaming channels.
      I'd be interested in seeing it, at least initially. I'd expect a lot of new next generation kids to be on, but there should be some vets to anchor the show. Without vets I think most of us wouldn't be interested.

Comment

I would 100% watch it; I miss Oakdale sooo much. I came here because I just finished watching the last few episodes on YouTube. So depressing that even ended in the first place.

Comment

All the suggestions sound good. I am 50/50 regarding a reboot.

Comment

Only if they brought Reid Oliver back to life. Otherwise, no.

Comment

• witchboy
              witchboy commented
              Editing a comment
              What if they brought the actor back in a different role?

• Signals3
              Signals3 commented
              Editing a comment
              They donated all his organs, I don't see it happening. Fingers crossed.

I would definitely watch it. Especially if they focus in their audience around 20-30s. Allison, Casey, Luke, Noah, Parker, Liberty, Jade, Maddie, Holly, Faith, Natalie, even Ethan.

Allison and CAsey with a couple of kids. Luke and Noah married and with an adopted son. Maybe Noah could be in charge of WOAK now that he's back in Oakdale.

Comment

• Signals3
              Signals3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes. Yes indeed.

I would if they put everything towards the 90's era writing.

Comment

I would 100% watch, however Proctor & Gamble made it very clear years ago that they not only wanted to end their soaps, but they clearly did not want the sell the rights to anyone else either. They don't want their soaps and don't want anyone else to have them either. Terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterio View Post
                I would if they put everything towards the 90's era writing.
                THIS

If the reboot was similar to when I started watching in 1992 up until 1997, I would be in heaven.

If it consisted of the same characters and sleepy writing from the last ten years of the show (2000-2010), I would have NO interest.

Comment

Luke and Noah would have been married and have two sons. They moved back to Oakdale....

Comment

• shandy0630
                    shandy0630 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    When the show ended, Luke and Noah were NOT married. Hell, they weren't even together. This is about an ATWT reboot, NOT the Luke and Noah show--which would turn off quite a few people.

Originally posted by Signals3 View Post
                  Luke and Noah would have been married and have two sons. They moved back to Oakdale....
                  I would love for Luke and Noah to remain in LA, but if it's gonna be a reboot, then Luke in charge of Worldwide and Noah in charge of WOAK would be sweet.

PS: It's unbelievable that 11 years later, some people still think that gay characters are bad for soaps. What it matters the most is the writing, if a compellig story is told, people will watch it.

Comment

I’d love more than one reboot. The first revolves around Oakdale and basically the same as original. The second, Carly gets her big break and she and jack move to LA where Carly will have a fashion house and a shop on Rodeo Drive. It will be a little like Bold and Beautiful but with much better writing, ha. Maybe, do a crossover spinoff and also include Michelle played by Bethany Joy-Lenz from Guiding Light and her children, as well as Kat Speaks played by Nia Long (News anchor, like mom) and have it on CW and/or Paramount Plus .

Comment

• shandy0630
                      shandy0630 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That would just be too much and there are people who really don't want to see the focus so much on Carly. If a show (soap) focuses too much on one character, the interest isn't going to be there. I started losing interest when ATWT did focus too much on Carly, along with Luke and whatever.

100 % yes if written well and former cast members came back. And add on soap actors/actresses from long gone soaps. I think it was the #1 soap from 1958-1978 ...20 years in a row.
                    If they can revive All My Children as Pine Valley (an upcoming night-time soap) then why not this one.
                    The Talk has run it’s course and is a total messy disaster although I like Sheryl Underwood. They could even make ATWT a half-hour soap like B/B and shorten The Talk to 30 minutes.

Comment

• shandy0630
                      shandy0630 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Some actors who were on ATWT are now on General Hospital and on the west coast. (i.e. Maura West, Roger Howarth). Some have retired from acting all together (Eileen Fulton, Don Hastings, Kathryn Hayes, Scott Holmes). There are others who are probably not going to want to do another round of the show.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X