Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What do you think the characters have been up to in the 9 years that have passed?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TeamLuRe
    Soap Addict
    • Jul 2010

What do you think the characters have been up to in the 9 years that have passed?

It's now NINE years since my world stopped turning! I still miss the show. I would love to see some sort of reboot. If they can do it for "Dark Shadows," why not ATWT? You know that Faith would be causing big trouble in Oakdale these days....I'm sure she's turned into a mini-Lucinda! Meanwhile, Parker has probably arrested her 10+ times by now for various crimes and other activities!

What do you think the other Oakdalers are up to these days? Purely fanfic I know, but I think it would be fun to read everyone's theories.
  • O_Snap!
    Soap Addict
    • Sep 2009

I miss this show so much. I don't know about any other characters but I'd bet money Paul and Emily have been divorced at least twice in the past 9 years.

Comment

• O_Snap!
      O_Snap! commented
      Editing a comment
      Emily freaking out and shooting Paul and then rolling him off that cliff is one of my all time favorite soap scenes. Kelly played the hell out of that scene. I loved crazy Emily

• DallasGal
      DallasGal commented
      Editing a comment
      O_Snap! Yes! Kelly was great when she lost it and pulled out the gun from that beautiful white coat. And Roger Howarth was fantastic in the cabin scenes that followed.

I also loved the scene when Em tried to commit suicide by jumping off the cliff. Kelly and Roger - another outstanding performance.

• chandon1
      chandon1 commented
      Editing a comment
      IDK< I really the dynamic of young Paul & the first adult Emily...they were great....2 me it was just downhill after that bt. them!
  • creation
    Board Regular
    • Sep 2018

I think most long time fans miss the show and the soaps that are no longer here, but I'd rather have my memories of them, when they were at their best, rather than a reboot, because a reboot will never recapture what once was. Most of the people that we knew and loved have moved on or passed away, not to mention gotten older. Time moves on and things are constantly changing, and I don't think we could ever get back the ATWT that many fans knew and loved.

Comment

• TeamLuRe
      TeamLuRe commented
      Editing a comment
      I will respectfully disagree. I don't want the ATWT of the last 2 or 3 of its last years when it stunk to high heaven. But it is a great brand and I for one would welcome a reboot, not expecting it to be like the old show. I would be glad to watch a new version revolving around the younger generations of the Hughes, Stewarts, Snyders, etc. JMO.
  • Carlys #1 Fan
    Contract Poster
    • Mar 2009

I wish a steaming service would realize the value of the soaps and bring back ATWT, GL, AW, AMC, and OLTL

Comment

• creation
      Board Regular
      • Sep 2018

Sorry guys, I love the soaps too, and miss those that are gone, like ATWT, GL, and AMC, but I honestly don't think re-boots would be successful, and I don't think networks are willing to take the risk of spending money on soaps anymore. They tried a re-boot of AMC once, and it failed, and I think others would fail as well, because people are so fickle these days in the age of social media, and don't seem to have long attention span for anything....jmo!

Comment

• JaySherman
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jun 2008

I do wish the networks had not started phasing out soaps. Most of the programming that has replaced it is forgettable and so many people lost their jobs.

I remember watching an episode of a real estate show on HGTV and seeing Ellen Dolan (ex-Margo) and her husband trying to sell their city property. Because the economic downturn in the housing market was still going on, they were going to have to sell it at a loss.

Law & Order doesn't air anymore and it's spinoff SVU is most likely on it's last season. Once they leave, there will be very little if any drama programming filmed in New York City or the surrounding areas. Those behind the scenes that were employed by soaps (behind the scenes and actors) have very little options unless they leave the city.

Comment

• ericw808
          Senior Board Member
          • Dec 2011

Actually the list of TV shows being filmed in NYC is substantial. From nyc.gov as of 9.13.19, the shows include:

Almost Family
          Betty
          Blacklist
          Blindspot
          Blue Bloods
          Bull
          The Code
          The Deuce
          Everything's Gonna Be OK
          Evil
          FBI
          FBI Most Wanted
          God Friended Me
          High Fidelity
          Katy Keene
          Leviathan
          Lies That Bind
          Love Life
          Madam Secretary
          Manifest
          The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
          Mr. Robot
          New Amsterdam
          Nora From Queens
          The Plot Against America
          The Politician
          Pose
          Prodigal Son
          Ray Donovan
          The Sinner
          Special Victims Unit
          Starling
          Sycamore
          Tommy
          Untitled Fashion Project
          Untitled Puppet Show

Comment

• CouchCruisin'
            Executive Poster
            • May 2014

Gosh, a sad, sad reminder of what was! I still get angry when I think the two longest running soaps in history were chopped for what I believe was no good reason.
            GL and ATWT will always remain in my top favorites.
            I really miss those worlds.

OP, I giggled at your idea that Parker has likely arrested Faith more than a few times. I bet they would be cute together now.
            The rebel and the cop.

I would hope that juicy Janet finally fled the city she was the worst.

Jack and Carly preparing to celebrate their anniversary. They just didn't work with anyone but each other in my opinion.

Lucinda, John and Lisa... aaahhhh... nostalgia!

Comment

• WalnutGirl
              WalnutGirl commented
              Editing a comment
              I pretty much stopped watching during the final years. Wasn't Faith Lily and Holder's daughter? What kind of trouble was she causing? I did not know Parker had interest in law enforcement.
          • WillMissOakdale
            Board Regular
            • Jul 2010

I've never watched Downton Abbey or Breaking Bad but I know they just had follow-up movies -- makes me wish the ATWT cast could be reassembled for some kind of special occasion in Oakdale as a movie!

Comment

• TeamLuRe
              TeamLuRe commented
              Editing a comment
              That would be fabulous!!

• 72Hearts
              72Hearts commented
              Editing a comment
              I would love to see a cast of retried ATWT actor assemble for a 2 hour special in which they dish about the soap, no holds barred. What was it really like working at the soap during its prime years??? I say 'retired' actors because they don't have to worry about some backlash over what they say!
          • Desi
            Day Player
            • Sep 2008

Oh, I so miss ATWT. It was the best soap ever and with such an amazing cast. I always looked forward to Christmas at Tom and Margo's or Emma's farm. Those shows that took over the slot are absolute crap.

Comment

• 72Hearts
              72Hearts commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep. The Hughs' and the Farm were the best places to be during the holidays.
          • SheilaFan32
            Senior Board Member
            • Oct 2017

The talk should be replaced with as the world turns

Comment

• creation
              creation commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree, but don't think it'll ever happen, because like the topic says, it's been 9 years now, and because talk shows are probably cheaper to produce, and most producers seem to think "reality TV and shock value" are the way to go these days, although I would so disagree!
              Last edited by creation; October 16, 2019, 07:55 PM.
          • HomDep0020
            Senior Board Member
            • Aug 2006

I really miss this show too. I started watching GH just because Maura West is on it. She hasn't aged a bit!! And still an outstanding actress!!

Comment

• creation
              creation commented
              Editing a comment
              I didn't know that she was on GH now, and although I didn't care for the character of Carly on ATWT, I would love to see her again, because like you said, she is an outstanding actress!
          • chandon1
            Contract Poster
            • Aug 2019

IDK, the Dallas reboot was a joke.....& Dynasty I really "tried" 2 watch it several times....but just couldn't so I don't think anyone would try w/ATWT's or GL, sadly!

Comment

• Signals3
              Lurking in the Shadows
              • May 2021

This means that Luke and Noah have been married for a few years by now.

Comment

• shandy0630
                Recurring Poster
                • Jan 2020

Originally posted by Signals3 View Post
                This means that Luke and Noah have been married for a few years by now.
                Luke and Noah never got married.

Comment

• Signals3
                  Signals3 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sure they did. The last episode...well, second to last...set up the trajectory heading to their rreunion. Goutman...loathed as he is, at least was clear in a TV Guide interview that "Luke and Noah's relationship will endure".
                  See.
                  Luke will go to L.A. one thing leads to another. In 2014 gay marriage becomes law in all states...they go back to Oakdale for a huge wedding.
                  All relationship obstacles overcome. No cruel dads...no wheelchairs...no intrusive Iraqi girls...no enlistment shenanigans...no wonder z twins...no scarf wearing hipsters...and absolutely no manipulative doctor characters...

• shandy0630
                  shandy0630 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They never got married on the show when the show ended in 2010. I don't care what happened to them afterwards because they were two characters that I had NO attachment to, not to mention ONE of the actors has a reputation as being VERY rude to fans (which I have witnessed first hand). I don't care of the characters were gay or not.

So, I don't care what happened to Luke and Noah. Goutman is one of the WORST show runners in history and is partly responsible for running ATWT into the ground and causing its cancellation, so whatever Goutman says can be tossed out the window.
                  Last edited by shandy0630; June 6, 2022, 10:06 PM.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X