Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Was I the only one who never liked Carly?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chandon1
    Contract Poster
    • Aug 2019

Was I the only one who never liked Carly?

I just NEVER liked that character & never rooted 4 her!

Didn't like her from day one...........when she came in & got in the way of the original Roseanna & Mike!

I know there was a huge fanbase 4 her pairing with Jack......but I just couldn't with them or any of her pairings!

Anyone else NOT a fan of the character?

Or, was I the only non-fan?
  • TeamLuRe
    Soap Addict
    • Jul 2010

No, I really, really, really couldn't stand her. There was about 5 minutes when I was starting to like her, back when Jack had disappeared (with amnesia and was living with Julia II) because I felt sorry for her, but later when she found out she didn't have cancer and DID NOT tell her husband or kids right away.........I said, "NEVER AGAIN!"

Comment

• creation
      Board Regular
      • Sep 2018

No, you're not the only one, I didn't like Carly either.

Comment

• WalnutGirl
        WalnutGirl commented
        Editing a comment
        When did Jack and Julie date?
    • hatshepsut-A
      Newcomer
      • Mar 2019

there were times when I like carly; just not the situation with rosanna and mike.
      she was a good pair with jack later on... not when he was with julie

Comment

• chandon1
        Contract Poster
        • Aug 2019

Yeah, as much as I liked jack.......I couldn't even like hr when she was with him!

She & Craig were perfect 4 each other!

Comment

• Bronson
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by hatshepsut-A View Post
          there were times when I like carly; just not the situation with rosanna and mike.
          she was a good pair with jack later on... not when he was with julie
          Julie was a bad influence. I can understand why John Dixon did not care for her. I loved Carly with Jack however.

Comment

• Markjeh
            Executive Poster
            • Mar 2009

I never liked Carly either. I just hated how smug she could be. She didn't have the kind of personality I could relate to or be friends with. It didn't help that she was constantly heavily featured (excluding Maura's maternity leaves). I know people like to say that Martha Byrne or Terri Conn were the writer's pets, but Maura was definitely the favorite.

Comment

• chandon1
              chandon1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't about MB being a pet of the writers she was TREATED horribly by tptb & I quit watching when she was done so bad by them!

They couldn't even bring her back when they canceled the show....I didn't watch as much as I would have toward the end had she been still there!
          • savytabby
            Soap Addict
            • May 2014

Yeah, OP, I was never a fan of Carly. I didn't get the appeal of her at all and I never found her all that likeable. Her relationship with Jack actually reminds me a lot of Reva and Josh on GL, in that Josh was straight-laced and Reva was getting herself into all kinds of situations (but unlike Carly I loved Reva and the Jeva romance). I just always thought Jack could do better and never got why he put up with her ish.

Comment

• chandon1
              chandon1 commented
              Editing a comment
              LMBO! Yeppers, I agree jack could have done so much better than ugh! Carly!

And from the first moment I saw Josh & Reva..... THEY ad me....always!
          • WillMissOakdale
            Board Regular
            • Jul 2010

I despised Carly throughout her entire run of the show. I couldn't stand Reva and Josh either. I left Springfield for Oakdale when the focus shifted to them and their clan. Nevertheless, I did want both couples to end up together at the end of each show, as it just seemed right and they had huge fan bases, even though I was not part of them. I felt that a good character like Jack was wasted on Carly. I just didn't like the way the characters were written, BUT with both couples there was strong chemistry and great acting.

Comment

• Nikki7447xoxo
              Contract Poster
              • Sep 2019

Originally posted by chandon1 View Post
              I just NEVER liked that character & never rooted 4 her!

Didn't like her from day one...........when she came in & got in the way of the original Roseanna & Mike!

I know there was a huge fanbase 4 her pairing with Jack......but I just couldn't with them or any of her pairings!

Anyone else NOT a fan of the character?

Or, was I the only non-fan?

I loved her since she came to toen.
              I loved Mike and Ro .

I ? loved Car best, with Detective hottie Jack Snyder.

Comment

• Bronson
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Mar 2004

I liked how Carly evolved over time. Loved her and Jack and her son Parker.

Comment

• scriptreuse
                  Senior Board Member
                  • Sep 2011

Sometimes I liked Carly and sometimes I didn't. Some of the acting tics like the curling of the upper lip could amuse me or annoy me depending on how often it would appear.

Comment

• capt
                    Lurking in the Shadows
                    • May 2015

I was prepared to like her since I was introduced to ATWT by someone who was a huge fan and he talked up Carly a lot before I watched but nope... never liked her character.

Comment

• Borrie
                      Board Regular
                      • Nov 2014

Liked Carly til she banged Holden behind Lily's back or were they together at the time (holden&Lily), i forget.Point is without Jack in Carly's life, she was awful.And Carly got into the strangest situations whether she was being blackmailed/kidnapped or terrorizing her sister Rosanna by going after her men.Her all time enemy, Julie was hilariousulimate good girl driven crazy by Carly always being forgiven by Oakdale residents.

Comment

• WalnutGirl
                        WalnutGirl commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I did not know Carly slept with Holden, I had pretty much stop watching then by that time. I was 50/50 with Carly. Didn't she and Rosanna make peace prior to the show ending. I know Carly seduced Mike once. What other guys of Rosanna did she sleep with? Wasn't Julie the rich girl who was married to Jack and went cuckoo?

• CaraCare
                        CaraCare commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, Carly and Rosanna made peace. And I wish I could forget Carly/Holden. They had no chemistry and it made no sense. Holden never even liked Carly.

I loved crazy Julia. I remember when she threw "the baby" (a turkey) at Carly as a parting gift and told her "Happy Thanksgiving!"
                    • Carlys #1 Fan
                      Contract Poster
                      • Mar 2009

I absolutely loved Carly Tenney! She’s one of my all-time favorite characters. Maura West is my favorite actress. I loved Jack & Carly! They were one of the last great soap supercouples. I started watched ATWT after AW got cancelled and Carly was the first character who got me interested and hooked.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X