Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Death on Another World?

Was Mac Cory he missed the 25th anniversary show.

Rocky, the Corys' stable guy. He was found by a young Jamie Frame and Dennis Carrington under the boards of the boat house floating in a plastic bag.
    Last edited by CaptainKC; December 26, 2020, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kelseyJefferson View Post
      Was Mac Cory he missed the 25th anniversary show.
      Quinn being murdered by the Sin Stalker.

Comment

The murder of Frankie Frame is the most disturbing thing that ever happened on Another World

Comment

• Lucky Brayden
          Lucky Brayden commented
          Editing a comment
          JaySherman Wasn't JFP running OLTL at that time too?

• JaySherman
          JaySherman commented
          Editing a comment
          @LuckyBrayden, JFP created the Rappaports however by the time Jen died, it was 2005 and the only other Rappaport left was Lindsay. Sam was played by Kale Browne then recast for some reason with Laurence Lau and Jason Shane Scott, who played Will, had left as well.

Frank Valentini was EP of OLTL by then however the head writer was the disastrous Dena Higley. Jen and the death of another character Paul Cramer were committed by Daniel Coulson.

The even worse thing about this - OLTL had just won praise from GLAAD and then revealed Daniel Coulson was a closeted gay man desperately trying to keep his secret. The story was considered very distasteful by many viewers and the gay community.

If he was a killer who just happened to be gay, that would have been one thing. But how OLTL went about it was really bad.
          Last edited by JaySherman; May 11, 2021, 06:08 PM.

• Mr.Sami_Brady
          Mr.Sami_Brady commented
          Editing a comment
          That's... not surprising. Higley's writing always had derogatory prejudice towards LGTBQ, and had a homophobic personal agenda.

During the (multiple tenures) as HW at DAYS. She was SUPPOSED to write Will Horton's coming out storyline but apparently it was so offensive, she was fired. The new team basically had to re-write everything (MarDar) and thank god they did because it was written with the sensitivity and nuance a coming out storyline needed. She was then later rehired as HW (With Josh Griffith), and she had Will killed off because she and JG 'didn't want to write for gay characters' anymore. I am so glad that RC undid Dena's atrocious storyline.

I seriously don't understand how and why Dena Higley has been given so many chances as a HW on soaps. She's a hack.

Michael. He and Donna were so close to remarriage. Ryan a close second.

Comment

• JaySherman
          JaySherman commented
          Editing a comment
          I think that was just before he went to OLTL as Sam Rappaport, a character that torpedoed a very popular couple and (after being recast) was killed off.

I don't recall if AW let him go or if he chose to go to OLTL because of JFP.

I think from a gruesome outrage standpoint, it was Frankie Frame. Alice Barrett was a fan favorite and in a very popular pairing and I think that was a HUGE mistake on the part of the network. I do think that Ryan's death kinda left the character of Vicky in limbo, as I do think she and Ryan were each others true loves.

Comment

My first thought was Perry Hutchins, but agree about Ryan too.

Comment

Frankie’s death was gruesome and heartbreaking. Michael’s death was terrible. Neither legacy character & fan favorite should have been killed off.

Comment

Originally posted by savytabby View Post
              My first thought was Perry Hutchins, but agree about Ryan too.
              I agree, this was such a shock to me! I had a crush on David Oliver, who played Perry, and the character was so popular, too. I figure it was the actor’s decision to leave, but Another World often made bad choices back then, so who knows. And I don’t remember whether anyone, besides Jake or Bridget, knew that Vicky was there when Perry fell from the loft, and I always wondered if anyone would ever find out the truth, but apparently they didn’t.

Comment

As mentioned above Frankie and Ryan being killed off. Mac was doubly sad since it was real not scripted.

Comment

Ryan. He ad Vicky had gone through so much together. I still remember Vicky sitting by his bedside when he died.

Comment

Frankie, Ryan and Perry. Vicky didn’t really work for me once Ryan died and how he died!
                    Frankie - senseless
                    Perry - very sad.

Mac was sad but since DW died I think they handled it as well as they could.

Comment

The death of Mac Corey had been sad but reminded viewers of reality everyone dies everyone has a number no one lives forever not even in Bay City where it appears anything and everything are possible.

Mac Corey had been older and his wife Rachel his family, his friends, his colleagues, etc knew the day would come someday as sad as the thought had been.

The way Rachel pulled her family together to move on after Macs death had been GREAT acting GREAT writing from a gold digger a morally bankrupt vixen knocking down anyone in her path to get what she wanted to a family matriarch had been impressive.

May Mac Corey rest in peace
                      Last edited by FitzSpeaker6666; June 5, 2021, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• benephil76
                        benephil76 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes! Agreed

The way Rachel pulled her family together to move on after Macs death had been GREAT acting GREAT writing from a gold digger a morally bankrupt vixen knocking down anyone in her path to get what she wanted to a family matriarch had been impressive.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X