Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say both, but in different ways. If I had to choose one, I think ultimately her true love and soul mate was Ryan. I still remember that NYE episode in which she kicked both Jake and RKK's character (whose name I don't remember) out and sighed sadly against the door. "Another year without you Ryan." Ryan's apparition was standing next to her when she said it and the pain on his face was just heartbreaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald Greens View Post
      Ok no makes me thing she will kill one of the women off Y&R .However the damage is already done for me when she killed off little Delia.

It's good to have people around some of the things I forgot about!. I remember Frankie being murdered of course but not that it was JFP that did it.
      If she doesn't outright kill off some of the older women I'd expect she'll backburner them.
      Which I find both infuriating and confusing, as it seems like older women on soaps have the best character. A woman who's still on a soap after fifty is going to be a powerhouse actress, and the character will have lots of history and connections to draw on.

Comment

Ryan, they were so good together.

I liked her with Jake too though.

Comment

Ryan, they belonged together. For me it'll always be Jake/Paulina and Vicki/Ryan.

Comment

Vicki was lucky to have had both of them in her life. Soul mate I would say was Ryan. Jake was definitely her BFF and always there for her and her for him and the two were very similar in many ways but I don't see that as soul mate as in "deepest love".

Comment

Ryan for sure they were beautiful together!

Comment

This is a tough call but I give the slight edge to Ryan as Vicky's soul mate. I was a JAKE fan first and foremost and Paulina was Jake's soul soul mate and the love of his life . They were meant to be and should have ended up together.

I do love that the writers and actors made the soul mate/BFF flip fairly seamless in Jake's life though. Vicky went from lifelong BFF and confidante to wife and new soul mate and Paulina went from the love of his life to his confidante and BFF. But in every Jake and Paulina scene as BFF's there was always a magnetic undertone of passion and unfinished love. That's a testament to Tom Eplin and Judi Luciano's chemistry and acting choices.

With Jake and Vicky when they were playing scenes as BFF's only, before they got back together romantically, I totally felt it and believed in their undying friendship and unbreakable bond. But Jake had to work really hard to win Vicky's hand in marriage. Her relationship with Ryan felt a little more effortless in terms of just loving each other. (I'm not saying their relationship was effortless - it certainly wasn't - but the being in love part was a bit more natural and effortless for them.) That's a soul mate, so in my mind the true soul mates were

Vicky and Ryan
                Jake and Paulina

And now that I've stirred up all these great memories of these two couples, I'm going to be watching old you tube clips of them all week!

Comment

Originally posted by MichSoapFan View Post

This thread makes me REALLY wish AW would miraculously return! I miss it so damn much..........
                  I miss Another World also, big mistake to kill Ryan off. I l absolutely loved Ryan and Vicky and to this day they are still in my top 3 for favorite couples of all time. They just belonged together. Unfortunately Jake and Vicky ended up on ATWT and ended up being killed off of there also, still pissed about that.

Comment

Ryan. Hands down Ryan. Ryan and Vicki were magic.

Comment

I should add that I thought both actresses had great chemistry with Paul (Ryan) even though I preferred Anne Heche's Vicky and Marley, and it was probably Jensen's scenes as Vicky with Ryan that made me grow to accept her in the role of Vicky.

Comment

Ryan. Even after all these years I still cry when I remember when Ryan died. Yes it was fiction but these two actors made it seem so real

Comment

Ryan, plan and simple. The magic, the chemistry, the love they both had for each other was off the charts, as Jake and Vicky were good but not enough, as Ryan will always be Vicky's soulmate.

Comment

Ryan....never was a fan of Jake. He was so obsessed with Vicki that he really turned me off his character. I did like RKK as Bobby Reno/Shane Roberts, but they switched that romance so fast it was scary.

Comment

Ryan, always Ryan. When he came back as her ghost was one of my fav stories ever in daytime.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X