Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What was your biggest disappointment on AMC?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DixiePixie
    Lurking in the Shadows
    • Feb 2015

What was your biggest disappointment on AMC?

Mine was Greenlee waking up after the Greenlee and Leo reunion and seeing Zach lying in the hospital bed instead of Leo. Smug Zach back from the dead and Leo still dead! That’s just wrong!
  • Pavarti31
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jul 2005

There was more than one-the first being when they broke up Brooke and Edmund. It was a bad decision. Probably the worst thing they did, in my opinion, was kill Zach. I will always wonder if they did it to further the plotted death of the show, and to get rid of TK's fanbase. It took the wonderful Agnes Nixon fix it, and bring him back.
    Last edited by Pavarti31; April 4, 2021, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• Pavarti31
      Pavarti31 commented
      Editing a comment
      JC, Zach was "killed" almost at the end of the New York years. Agnes brought him back, along with Stuart and Dixie when they were in LA. And BTW, thanks for the Stuart and Adam stuff! Loved it!

• JCmojoe81
      JCmojoe81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow I really did block that out, yeesh! Thanks for the refresher, I used to be so sharp with this stuff, it’s been too long since the show was on the air!

• witchboy
      witchboy commented
      Editing a comment
      Zach and Kendall were divorced in the PP reboot. Kendall only had a brief appearance, ill with her body rejecting her heart (but this was while David had invented a drug to prevent transplant rejections, so it was obvious he was intended to save her in a second season, we just didn't ge that story.
  • lalightening
    Senior Board Member
    • Jun 2006

My biggest AMC disappointment was when you could tell that AMC had no money. Weddings took place in characters' homes or a hospital room with minimal guests. They had fewer fancy events. Wardrobe looked cheap. It was definitely noticeable and made me very sad.

If you're talking storyline decisions, I had a few disappointments. Julia Barr quietly disappearing from the show was a mistake. Killing off Dixie with peanut butter pancakes was hard to watch. I wasn't a fan of how Josh died and the massive rewrites the show did to explain why Josh was suddenly insecure and a thief. And then, once he was gone, the show removed all references to him. The last truly awful storyline I remember trying to sit through was Angie giving birth in a park to a stillborn baby, and Jesse replacing the baby with a live one who just so happened to be abandoned in the same park. With all due respect to the actors, there wasn't one believable moment in that storyline.

Comment

• sppa125
      Day Player
      • Nov 2019

Brian Frons taking over ABC Daytime along with the additions of Babe and Krystal were the beginning of the end for me.

Comment

• MrsValentine
        MrsValentine commented
        Editing a comment
        I couldn’t agree more. Of course, my biggest disappointment was the cancellation but Frons and the Carey women really dragged the show down imho.
    • kha
      Scriptwriter
      • Mar 2004

I would say it was the storylines for the show's last 10 years. I stuck it out since I had been watching since the early 70s, but it was hard. Stories were too weird, actors looked uncomfortable, things happened that made no sense, and the show just felt like a comic parody.

Comment

• kha
        kha commented
        Editing a comment
        ITA. The last decade of the show. Just terrible SLs. Erica's un-abortion. What a hot mess that was. Dixie's death by pancakes. Everything about Krystal and Babe. JR turning into a psycho baddie. Rubbish. All of it. I forget who was the head writer through all this but I'll never forgive him/her for ruining my beloved soap.

• HotStuff
        HotStuff commented
        Editing a comment
        Kha that was Megan McTavish.
    • kelseyJefferson
      Recurring Poster
      • Mar 2004

Mine were.
      1.Brooke & Tom divorce
      2. Cindy died.
      3. Harold the dog died.
      4. Daisy & Palmer divorce.
      5. Kelsey leaving AMC.
      6. Laura killed by drunk driver.
      7. Jeremy & Erica broke up.

Comment

• brickee
        Board Regular
        • Aug 2006

Making Tad a killer, even if by accident was the biggest. Things went down a steep hill after that.

Comment

• taramartin
          taramartin commented
          Editing a comment
          That was a terrible sl.

• OLTL'69
          OLTL'69 commented
          Editing a comment
          If this was the doc in the Box story I agree. That is not an accident when you do something so dangerous.

• worldtraveler21
          worldtraveler21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Agree about Tad, I think originally that storyline was about Frons constantly trying to get rid of MEK. But the steep hill started 5 years earlier for me, and bringing Babe and Krystal on sealed the deal.
      • JCmojoe81
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Feb 2006

2 things:

- Dixie's death by pancake. I really felt like it was a joke at the time, I remember watching every day at that time and thinking "ok, I know there's no spoilers on her not being dead but like they can';t have killed her like that right?"

- axing the vets. At one point the only vets on canvas was Erica, Tad and Adam. Palmer, Opal, Joe Martin, Brooke, Myrtle were some of the vets left standing and little by little they completely disappeared. I really didn't like that. Then little by little some returned but I really think they did us a disservice and lost many viewers because of this.
        JC
        SOC Moderator
        soapcentral.com
        Questions? Email me: JCmojoe81

Comment

• trainradio
          Newcomer
          • Jan 2006

I gave up on the show when all the focus went to Zach, Kendall, Ryan and Greenlee. I never liked any of those characters. I think too many times on these shows production pushes their favorites too much and that why the lose viewers.

Comment

• Moore ideas
            Look! Up in the sky! It's a Super Moderator!
            • Jul 2005

When Donna's baby died as a result of the fire at the Chateau. AMC almost lost me then, and I'm someone who began watching that show when its very first episode aired. In my opinion, it was nothing more than a horrible and unnecessary vehicle for Palmer to recover the large and irrevocable trust he'd bestowed on Donna's baby, who was really Chuck's and not Palmer's.
            Moore ideas
            SOC Moderator
            Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
            "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

• jward1108
              jward1108 commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh, Moore, I had forgotten about that story! I also started watching from the beginning and so have forgotten many stories. You would think I would have remembered Donna's baby! Thanks for the memory.
          • Nightrocker
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Jul 2004

Going off the Air on ABC

Comment

• Nightrocker
              Nightrocker commented
              Editing a comment
              That April was one of sadness Day of life

• JCmojoe81
              JCmojoe81 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, this. I want to change mine to this

• ekek
              ekek commented
              Editing a comment
              Me too. I never watched the replacement show.
          • MoTownGrl06
            Day Player
            • Nov 2019

I think Killing off Dixie is one also the whole Erica aborted baby storyline where they made Josh Madden the aborted babe. That was a HUGE and groundbreaking storyline for AMC when it first aired.

Comment

• hvstmn316
              Board Regular
              • Dec 2006

Killing of Gillian and Leo. I think it was because the actors wanted to leave but I would have accepted a recast at least of Gillian because she was only women I ever liked with Ryan. JD was different as he was
              he was so fantastic and irreplaceable as Leo but he was the epic love of Greenlee life and the show was never the same after.

I wish Noah did not die. I loved Julia/Noah and went through so much. I am sad she came back and he was gone?

Comment

• JCmojoe81
                JCmojoe81 commented
                Editing a comment
                And then Julia died too, between the two, both were major disappointments. Her return could have been so much more, I loved them both
            • O_Snap!
              Soap Addict
              • Sep 2009

My red line was when they decided it would be neat to have Erica's aborted fetus show up as a grown man. I turned AMC off for good w that s/l except when Jesse came back. I watched Jessie and Angie for a bit but the rest of the show was unwatchable so I tapped out.

Comment

• ClassyIrishLass
                ClassyIrishLass commented
                Editing a comment
                That was my first thought when I saw this thread as well. One of the most absurd stories (and not in a good way) ever on any soap.
            • LoveStories
              Board Regular
              • Jun 2008

The storyline of Zack and Bianca’s baby was the biggest disappointment for me. I never accepted that they would do something like that behind Kendall’s back. It was impossible for me to have suspension of disbelief after that.
              Last edited by LoveStories; May 2, 2021, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• Katbert
                Katbert commented
                Editing a comment
                That is one of my many disappoints. Another was Kendall having sex with Aiden when she thought Zach was dead.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X