Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does everyone think of a potentially “Darker" AMC?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does everyone think of a potentially “Darker" AMC?

Sorry if this has been discussed. I just wondered what people though about them saying the new AMC will be "darker" I'm sure many will get the beggars cant be choosers option in, but like darker, like 2020 was really dark to me, do you think maybe a lighter direction would be better?

Honestly I can see why, based on the snapshot summary, people would think this may be a darker take on the show. But I also saw it compared to Jane the Virgin, which was an excellent show (and not at all dark) so I’m not sure it will be the darker version that the plot summary implies.

I really do trust the hands of the people in charge of this, they all seem to love the show and love the genre, so I’m down with whatever tone they take. I really do have an open mind in this.

That being said, Jane the Virgin was like one of my favorite shows ever so if it was anything like that show I know I’ll love it
    JC
    SOC Moderator
    soapcentral.com
    Questions? Email me: JCmojoe81

Comment

I also trust the creative team. From what I’ve read it’s more of a spin-off than reboot. I think when it’s described as “darker” it’s like how Riverdale is the Archies but modernized. I speculate that Pine Valley will be edgier because it’s in prime time. Hopefully, it will have some humor too. I’ve heard that it will focus mainly on the younger generation of our beloved characters. Personally, I’m excited about a new twist on an old favorite. Again I trust Kelly, Marc and Agnes son etc to do right by A.N. I’m opened minded.

Comment

• JCmojoe81
        JCmojoe81 commented
        Editing a comment
        ***waves*** welcome back!!! Its nice to see you back here, hopefully the reboot does happen and gives us all reason to hop on the AMC boards and discuss

AMC coming back in any form is of great interest to me.

Comment

The creative team loves the show already, and has enough knowledge of it to do something really good. I'll support them, and hope that Zach shows up.

Comment

• JCmojoe81
          JCmojoe81 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Pavarti31!!! I love how the reboot talk is bringing some posters back!!! It shows that AMC is really special, and not forgotten.
          TK is on B&B right now, I am not sure the logistics of that, but he would be great to see on the reboot/revival/continuation

“Waves” thanks JC! Yes, I really hope Pine Valley gets green lighted. I truly hope that we’ll all be able to chat about the characters we love again. And the new(ish) characters (probably the adult versions of PV’s kids all grown up?). I’m just hopeful and excited at the possibilities.

Pavarti—-And a big YES to seeing TK as Zach! I’m pretty sure the show will center around the younger generation but maybe Ian will need his dad? I’ll take any amount of Zach and Kendall I can get- fingers crossed. 😊

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X