Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's everyone's favorite era of AMC?

I don't recall exactly how long this era went for, but the storylines at the time were Natalie in the well, then her romance with Trevor, and Tim wishing on a star...Hayley finding out Alec cheated on her with her mother...the teen storyline at the time with Bobby, Anita, Scott, Laura, etc...Brooke met Pierce, they and Laura created a little family...Liza coming back to town...that was all in my favorite era.

I also have to say, I was really riveted by the Bianca/Babe baby swap storyline. Really really enjoyed the shows surrounding that, but I also remember stories I was not a huge fan of in that era as well, so I still go with my early-mid 90s era.

JC
    SOC Moderator
    soapcentral.com
    Questions? Email me: JCmojoe81

The first half of the 90s was incredible.

Comment

My favorite era is the 1980s...........Jesse/Angie, Jenny/Greg, Cliff/Nina, Ellen/Mark, Brooke/Tom, Phoebe/Langely, Palmer/Daisy, Tad/Hilary etc.
      Last edited by Ginuwine; January 11, 2021, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• LoveVillians
        LoveVillians commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. This was my favorite. I miss super couples.

Originally posted by JCmojoe81 View Post
      I don't recall exactly how long this era went for, but the storylines at the time were Natalie in the well, then her romance with Trevor, and Tim wishing on a star...Hayley finding out Alec cheated on her with her mother...the teen storyline at the time with Bobby, Anita, Scott, Laura, etc...Brooke met Pierce, they and Laura created a little family...Liza coming back to town...that was all in my favorite era.

I also have to say, I was really riveted by the Bianca/Babe baby swap storyline. Really really enjoyed the shows surrounding that, but I also remember stories I was not a huge fan of in that era as well, so I still go with my early-mid 90s era.
      I just watched the gay story line for the first time. It was a really long youtube clip about 8 hours. It didn't capture everything that was happening on the show during that era, but it was such a well-written and produced story. I was amazed at how raw and real it came across, the ugliness and passion was performed brilliantly by the actors in the story. Laurel's death was heartbreaking, and I only knew of her face from opening themes of the time to be honest so you know the impact was there.

Comment

Originally posted by maq1 View Post
        The first half of the 90s was incredible.
        it was , the show started to go downhill in 1995 after the 25th anniversary and when Megan Mctavish left as headwriter
        I also started to loose interest and started to watch Days of Our Lives

Comment

• JCmojoe81
          JCmojoe81 commented
          Editing a comment
          lol i was such a dork, I had the 25th anniversary special taped on VHS and would watch it all the time. I was a teen at the time (I know, how cool was I lol) and I learned a lot of the shows history from before my time from that special (like the Colby/Tad/Marion triangle and Jenny on the jet ski)

I guess I loved it all but I watched from the beginning. Tara and Phillip were star crossed lovers. It always amazed me the outlandish things Erica would do - she was (and is) gorgeous.

Comment

I loved Tad and Dixie falling in love. She was married to Adam at the time. I forget when this was.early 90s maybe?

Comment

That's like asking me to pick a favorite child!

Loved it all until they made Tad an accidential killer, then it got really bad.

Comment

I loved the late 1970's storylines. Chuck and Donna were my favorites with honorable mention to Phoebe Tyler and Langley Wallingford. What great fun those two were.

Comment

I started watching with my aunt in the mid eighties and continued until the end. I must say the 80's to the mid 90's early 2000's were probably some of the best times in good old Pine Valley.

Comment

the Ryan, Kendall Greenlee saga. Bianca's coming out story which I can relate to. Greenlee vs Kendall my favourite all my children rivalry. Michael Cambias storyline. That all my children tornado story was intense really good drama all around.

Comment

The 1980s were, imho, AMCs best era. Perhaps not coincidentally, it was when I began watching, and when I watched most faithfully. I loved the teen scene (Jenny and Greg, Angie and Jesse, and, just a bit later, Tad and Hillary). I was also strangely taken in by the Walllingfords and their lovely, romantic marriage. The way Langley looked at Phoebe, the way he held her hand, the way she spoke to him and of him with such adoration. We never saw their bedroom (that I recall), but there was more romance in their love story than in many of the complex and tangled stories the writers wove for many of the on-screens pairs. I absolutely adored the introduction of the Chandlers: Adam and Stuart were amazing (and when Stuart was pretending to be Adam it was such an incredibly nuanced portrayal).

It was always interesting to watch Erica because, while she was usually flitting from one man to the next, she was, at heart, an independent career woman. I liked seeing that. I guess that's why I also liked Brooke. AMC, in the 80s was giving me good role models: independent women who were career-minded and saw men as a source of entertainment, not as the center of their universe. They had break-ups and got over them quickly. The next man was surely around the corner. The lessons were implicit, but they were there. No one died of a broken heart (well, someone died from a jet-ski incident). Looking back, I really like that.

Comment

I thought the 90s were great. Trevor, Natalie, Dimitri, Edmund & Maria, Noah & Julia. And the weddings and location filming! So glamorous. I loved Tad & Dixie's first romance, and Palmer and Opal were an adorable odd couple.

I watch Y&R now and it can't compare to AMC at its best!
                      Last edited by kha; April 8, 2021, 12:37 AM.

Comment

I loved the beginning. Phil and Tara. Erica. Those were the days.

Comment

The Nina/Cliff romance was when I was around 5 or so, but I loved that, up through the mid-80s. There were points that I didn't watch, being in school and all, though I'd record it by the late '80s/early '90s.I thoroughly enjoyed the Natalie/Janet era; I think that Operation Snare Jackson was also during that time. 😁 And, I was pretty invested in the Miranda baby-switch.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X