Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would A hybrid OLTL and All My Children have worked

Would A hybrid OLTL and All My Children have worked? I have always had two minds about it. One of me was like it was better than nothing and then another part of me said its like trying to stir protein shake with a spoon, those times you can't get the clumps out.

The shows felt like a different speed to me. VHS And Betamax. HDDVD and Bluray. I think it would have been hard to meld them together unless the writer was brilliant.

I also think we would have been at war as fanbases, sort of wanting it to be more like OLTL or more like AMC.

i totally agree, I would have absolutely watched since I loved both shows, but they always had very different tones from each other. Lol it would have been fun to see the contrast in leading ladies; Erica Kane and Vicki Buchanan couldn't be more opposite! Would have been fun to see that. So yeah, I would totally watch but it would be interesting to see them blend the characters and tones together
    JC
    SOC Moderator
    soapcentral.com
    Questions? Email me: JCmojoe81

Comment

Perhaps in 2013-2014, but its
      too late now.

Comment

Originally posted by kyzer sosay View Post
        Perhaps in 2013-2014, but its
        too late now.
        No it's not, right now they can do it and have it focus on not just the past but also the future of Pine Valley and Llanview.

Comment

Abc screwed up cancelling both of these soaps. Both should still be on the air right now.

Comment

It probably would have worked at the time of cancellation. Pine Valley was torn up once - by a tornado I think. I felt many of the characters could have started over in Llanview if a larger tornado leveled the town.

Comment

Oh my gosh there could have been so many good scenes with Erica and Vicki, Erica and Dorian and all three together if done right. In regards to it coming back I dont know why, but as I said on The OLTL board I have a sneaky feeling it might come back in some form. But different than we would expect. I feel I usually have a sixth sense about these things and I just am not sure that they are done.

And i'm not saying they are coming, back but I think a few people behind the scenes likely grew up on these shows aswell. So I think the mentions and supposed meetings might be true, for some of the suits that want to keep these shows alive too?

I have watched some of those Locher room videos and its so great to see some of these people. And alot of them are still looking good, so soap viable. And yes some of the favorites are no longer here, that is really sad. Thank you all for the comments.

Comment

Ooh I actually have a question about all the interviews popping up on channels like YouTube. Do you all think that these might be being used to gauge interest? Consiracy/Tinfoil hat

Comment

What would you title such a show? All My Children Have One Life To Live?

Comment

I would have been happy with anything that allowed me to see my characters and my stories live on. I love both shows. But to me, I don't think it would have worked and I don't think it would have been respectful to merge these 2 legacy shows; I don't like what it implies about our soaps. I actually would have preferred 30 minute shows each, if money had to be saved somewhere.

Comment

There are some great thoughts
                      here. Especially the Dorian-
                      Erica-Vicki triangle.

Financing would be a problem.
                      Exec Producer & Gead Writer
                      would be problematic.

Oprah was the one who
                      could have done it and she
                      wasnt going to throw her money
                      into that genre.

Comment

^ Yet Oprah has done exactly that, throwing money at the overbaked (IMO) soaps Ambitions, Greenleaf, and The Haves and the Have Nots!

Comment

Pine Valley & Llanview
                          The Next Generation

Comment

How about All My Life To Live!

Comment

I'll play along since I pretty much daydream about this all the time. My only issue is that because they've been gone so long, I'd incorporate a couple of characters from GH as well to tie it in to a more relevant show and perhaps springboard from a story on GH.

AMC: Bianca
                              Miranda
                              Gabi
                              Pete Cortland
                              AJ Chandler

OLTL: Todd
                              Starr
                              Jack .
                              Jamie Vega
                              Sarah Roberts

GH: Johnny Zacchara
                              Kristina Corinthos-Davis