Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did Amanda think David was Trevor’s father

Why did she presume he was Trevor’s father when she was also sleeping with JR and Jake around the time of conception?

Does anyone know this? Did she not have a paternity test done?

Comment

I don't remember too well what happened its been a while. I do know that for a time she thought there was a possibility JR was the father, but that was soon ruled out I can't remember how. Anyway, at the time Amanda firmly believed that David was the only other candidate to be the baby's father, and she was determined to keep the baby from him. Now I know the baby was eventually determined to be Jake's, but I guarantee you this was a rewrite to try to appease the viewers who wanted it that way. Now its true that Amanda did have a relationship with Jake that ended abruptly shortly before the whole mess with JR and David. But according to the SL at the time the child was conceived there were only two possible candidates for father of the child that Amanda knew of at that time which were JR and David. But because viewers were so invested in Amanda with Jake and wanted him to be the father, that's what was written into the story.

Comment

• SamandWillowFan
        SamandWillowFan commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I definitely remember Jake being the father being a bit of a rewrite because Jake had judged Amanda and ended things with her like 2 months before she slept with David and JR.

She slept with David around the same time as well. David did a paternity test and found out that his sperm count was too low to have anymore children around the same time. He wanted a son so he changed the paternity so it would look like Trevor was his.

Comment

• SamandWillowFan
        Editing a comment
        But I don’t get why she assumed David was the father and not JR when she got pregnant because I don’t remember her doing an initial paternity test. It was only after David was determined not to be the father over a year later that JR and Jake were tested. Also the whole thing with David having a low sperm count would then also be rewritten with him getting Cara pregnant.

• msan1025
        msan1025 commented
        Editing a comment
        SamandWillowFan When Cara got pregnant, he didn't believe he was the father initially because of his low sperm count. Amanda didn't question David's paternity because of the fake results he gave her. I know, I know, you ALWAYS question the initial results of a paternity test.

They really did a number on Amanda with her 3-way who’s the daddy story and then later giving her cervical cancer as a result of an STD and having to get a hysterectomy.

Comment

• WalnutGirl
        WalnutGirl commented
        Editing a comment
        That is a hot mess!

Was Jake and Amanda a popular couple though? I really thought Jake was a self-righteous idiot and Amanda was just an idiot. It always seemed to me that David was always the more popular character but the writers always wanted to make him the fall guy for Pine Valley.

Comment

• SamandWillowFan
        Editing a comment
        I think Jake and Amanda were pretty well-liked but yeah David certainly got written as the town punching bag.

I remember Amanda was convinced it was JR or David's. She didn't think Jake could be the father due to the timing of her pregnancy. It wasn't until much later when they tested Jake and he turned out to be the father.

Comment

wow good memories guys, I don't remember much of this and I watched devotedly during that time. I remember the broad strokes of the story but not many of the details.
        JC
        SOC Moderator
        soapcentral.com
        Questions? Email me: JCmojoe81

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X