Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hated how Adam and Palmer were watered down!

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hated how Adam and Palmer were watered down!

This is what writers sometimes do. They will change a character from what they were when fans first met them. This was the case with Adam and Palmer. When they were introduced, they were both these titans of industry not to be fooled with. Now I can handle a character having dimensions but to water them both down to where they lose to either Tad or Ryan Lavery was dumb.

I did like that Tad did apologize to Adam for helping Liza keep his daughter from him though. I hated that the writers broke up Palmer and Opal but the way they did it was awful. That storyline was stupid as well as Opal having a secret son.

And don't get me started on that secret son Adrian Sword who kept getting into Palmer's face. I remember that scene in the restaurant when Palmer threatened to call the head of the Congressional committee and Adrian said that he played gold with the man as if that mattered. Palmer I would assume was a campaign contributer which means that Palmer would have more sway with the Congressman than a gold buddy would.
    Last edited by Bronson; 05-21-2018, 05:44 PM.

Soaps became politically correct. It became more difficult to write villainous characters. It was difficult to create and maintain characters from the other side of the tracks. No more society matrons ganging up on newcomers. We lost stories about heroes and underdogs verses villains. Characters became too homogenous.
    I thought the women in particular were watered down, especially characters like Phoebe and the daughters of fine lineage. Everyone who came to Pine Valley was on an equal footing.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Love your analysis.

Comment

Stories became boring once characters were homogenized. Everyone new in town was accepted by the upper crust as equals, which was totally ridiculous.

Comment

This is off the subject a bit, but ... I loved the Palmer/Opal pairing. Both characters were great on their own but putting them together was genius. They were such opposites which made for interesting scenes, and both were great actors. Then, after a few years, the writers broke them up over some dumb story about stolen art works. Why ruin something that's working?

Comment

I agree with you. I also liked Palmer and Opal's pairing and hated that not only did the writers break them up but did it with a very stupid storyline. Stolen art was bad enough but Opal having never before mentioned biracial son was worst.
            Last edited by Bronson; 07-10-2018, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronson View Post
              Hated how Adam and Palmer were watered down!
              Yeah me too!!! It was awful. I liked how they were not friends and hated each other!

Comment

They gave Palmer a nice send off, though.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X