Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All My Children - Super Couples

I was just posting in one of the other forums about super couples and it got me to thinking about AMC's super couples. What pairings would you consider to be a super couple? I think it would be interesting to go by decade. 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's (if there were any by that point?, I mean I loved me some Ryan and Greenlee, but were they really on par with Jesse and Angie?).

What made them special? Is it the longevity? Is it the amount of times they were broken up and remarried? Is it based on how well the couple is known outside of their respective soap, ie Luke and Laura?

Any pairing can have chemistry, but a super couple has to make the audience want to see two people together forever so much so that any third party that tries to get in between them ultimately gets kicked to the curb. I want to know what couples fit that description the most?
    Last edited by FanOnOccasion; 04-27-2018, 09:05 AM. Reason: Changed my phrasing a bit...

Which couples qualify as super couples is very subjective, IMO. But I would say that they have to have more than a couple of years of longevity, and they need to overcome a lot of obstacles along the way. How many years and obstacles is a matter of opinion. But FWIW, these are my votes for AMC super couples from the decades I spent watching AMC:

Cliff and Nina
    Jesse and Angie
    Hayley and Mateo
    Tad and Dixie
    Edmund and Maria
    Greg and Jenny
    Erica and Dimitri
    Jack and Erica
    Zach and Kendall
    Ryan and Greenlee

I'm trying to be objective here, or as objective as I can be, because to be honest, I don't like some of these couples, but I do think they fit in the super couple category.

Comment

Super Couples:

Jesse and Angie
      Erica and Dimitri
      Tad and Dixie
      Maria and Edmund
      Noah and Julia
      Jenny and Greg
      Cliff and Nina

Comment

Originally posted by lalightening View Post
        Which couples qualify as super couples is very subjective, IMO. But I would say that they have to have more than a couple of years of longevity, and they need to overcome a lot of obstacles along the way. How many years and obstacles is a matter of opinion. But FWIW, these are my votes for AMC super couples from the decades I spent watching AMC:

Cliff and Nina
        Jesse and Angie
        Hayley and Mateo
        Tad and Dixie
        Edmund and Maria
        Greg and Jenny
        Erica and Dimitri
        Jack and Erica
        Zach and Kendall
        Ryan and Greenlee
        I'm really interested to see how everyone's lists differ from each other depending on how long they have watched the show. My AMC viewing really didn't kick in until the 90's so there might be some pairings that I've never even heard of or seen before.

I like that you have Erica on your list twice, although I always felt Erica's true soulmate was herself having been in so many relationships. lol

I'm trying to be objective here, or as objective as I can be, because to be honest, I don't like some of these couples, but I do think they fit in the super couple category.
        I think that's a really great point about not necessarily liking the couple, but acknowledging they fit the super couple status. I was too young (maybe not even born yet?) to see Greg and Jenny together so I have no investment in their love story, but like you, I still understand why they belong on the list.

Perhaps another part of what makes a super couple is that they can become a core part of a show's history even if their time together was brief. I think Greg and Jenny were only together for a few years?

Originally posted by Ginuwine View Post
        Super Couples:

Jesse and Angie
        Erica and Dimitri
        Tad and Dixie
        Maria and Edmund
        Noah and Julia
        Jenny and Greg
        Cliff and Nina
        That's a solid list! I just realized that a few of them "died" at one point and came back from the dead to almost immediately be reunited with their true love. I wonder if coming back from the dead can also be attributed their rise in the ranks as a super couple or is that just a soap staple?

Comment

Joe & Ruth always...
          Stuart & Cindy
          Tad & Dixie
          Jesse & Angie

Comment

I forgot so many of these couples!!!!
            Awwwww Joe & Ruth....

Comment

Zach and Kendall will always be the super couple for me!
              Honorable mention: (in no particular order)
              Jesse and Angie
              Cliff and Nina
              Greg and Jenny
              Tad and Dixie

Comment

Tad and Dixie were my number 1.

I did also like Edmund and Maria, Hayley and Mateo, Noah and Julia and Erica and Jackson.
                JC
                Moderator, AMC Forum
                soapcentral.com
                Questions? Email me: JCmojoe81

Comment

Tad and Dixie
                  Babe and JR
                  Zach and Kendall
                  Jesse and Angie

Comment

Originally posted by FanOnOccasion View Post

I'm really interested to see how everyone's lists differ from each other depending on how long they have watched the show. My AMC viewing really didn't kick in until the 90's so there might be some pairings that I've never even heard of or seen before.

I like that you have Erica on your list twice, although I always felt Erica's true soulmate was herself having been in so many relationships. lol

I think that's a really great point about not necessarily liking the couple, but acknowledging they fit the super couple status. I was too young (maybe not even born yet?) to see Greg and Jenny together so I have no investment in their love story, but like you, I still understand why they belong on the list.

Perhaps another part of what makes a super couple is that they can become a core part of a show's history even if their time together was brief. I think Greg and Jenny were only together for a few years?

That's a solid list! I just realized that a few of them "died" at one point and came back from the dead to almost immediately be reunited with their true love. I wonder if coming back from the dead can also be attributed their rise in the ranks as a super couple or is that just a soap staple?
                    I think it is a soap staple OR more likely when an actor comes back to the show there are a lot of fans that want the couple back together so It is the super couple syndrom driving the couple coming back together.

Comment

Agreed, very good point. Mine was also the 90's, so when people go gaga for Jenny and Greg, I can appreciate their contributed but do not have the same affection for them, for they were long gone when I watched.

JC
                      Moderator, AMC Forum
                      soapcentral.com

Comment

Will & Skye were my favorite.

Comment

Noah and Julia were another favorite of mine...

Comment

Agreed, very good point. Mine was also the 90's, so when people go gaga for Jenny and Greg, I can appreciate their contributed but do not have the same affection for them, for they were long gone when I watched.
                            JC
                            Moderator, AMC Forum
                            soapcentral.com

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X