• tiff5555
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jul 2007

American Idol (Season 14)

Who is watching this season of AI?
  • extracat
    Senior Board Member
    • Jun 2013

I will, but I haven't gotten to it yet on my DVR. I absolutely love Keith Urban. Otherwise, I probably would have lost interest in this show by now. I think one of the Top 24 is a guy named Brandon Green because he's been posting telling everyone to watch AI. He goes to my friend's church and he won a contest where he got to open for Keith a few years ago so we went to Knoxville to see him open for Keith. Well, we went for KEITH, but he was the reason we went to the Knoxville show as opposed to Atlanta or Birmingham or some other Southern city.

Comment

• He'sAliveToday
      Senior Board Member
      • Jul 2011

Hi, Tiff! I'm definitely watching (like every season...). I like Harry. I like Keith alright. Don't like J. Lopez. HATE that Randy quit (I like him), but I get it. and I like Ryan alright. However, I LOVE the talent. Every season, I surprisingly find at least ONE to root for. This season, I already have a few...

What they've done differently is quasi-reveal the final 24. I believe it's 24. Anyway, they showed them singing the opening number, but they veiled/shadowed their faces. If you are big on hair and voice recognition, you're in business.

At first, I thought it was foolish for AI to do this, because on a number of levels, it takes away from the process. But, I changed my mind after I kept checking back to silhouettes whenever a contestant got a ticket to Hollywood. I was actually having fun. Go figure.

Comment

• extracat
        Senior Board Member
        • Jun 2013

I wish the auditions shows were only an hour each. I got bored watching the 2 hour broadcast. It's just, enough is enough, after a while. I do enjoy the judges on this show. I think they've finally found the right combo of judges--something they haven't had since Simon left. I'm actually glad Randy left. His comments and mentoring style had gotten very stale. I miss the days of when they had artists as mentors every week. I'd love to see Jon Bon Jovi and some of the other artists who served as mentors come back. When you only have one mentor all season long, you only have one person's vision.

Comment

• aliasocfan
          Board Regular
          • Oct 2006

I'm watching this season. It'll take a lot for me to quit this show. I love that Savion came back. I don't really remember many other people. Except one of the rejects looked a lot like Michael C. Hall (aka Dexter)

Comment

• tiff5555
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by He'sAliveToday View Post
            Hi, Tiff! I'm definitely watching (like every season...). I like Harry. I like Keith alright. Don't like J. Lopez. HATE that Randy quit (I like him), but I get it. and I like Ryan alright. However, I LOVE the talent. Every season, I surprisingly find at least ONE to root for. This season, I already have a few...

What they've done differently is quasi-reveal the final 24. I believe it's 24. Anyway, they showed them singing the opening number, but they veiled/shadowed their faces. If you are big on hair and voice recognition, you're in business.

At first, I thought it was foolish for AI to do this, because on a number of levels, it takes away from the process. But, I changed my mind after I kept checking back to silhouettes whenever a contestant got a ticket to Hollywood. I was actually having fun. Go figure.
            Hey!!!!!!!! I only watched one episode and I am bored....don't know why??? I have yet to see another episode, but I don't feel I like too....I hope AI changes things this year and have something exciting to watch...and make a star this year. I wonder what happened to Celeb? Somebody should have suggested him to be in the band, not solo....A good example would be Chris Daughtry....

Comment

• extracat
              Senior Board Member
              • Jun 2013

I refuse to watch last night's episode because I can't stand Adam Lambert. It thought he was one of the worst contestants in Idol history. His "style" was nothing but screeching and screaming. Could one of you let me know if any of the performers did a Bon Jovi or Keith Urban song? If so, I'll look them up.

Comment

• aliasocfan
                Board Regular
                • Oct 2006

I only remember a few people from this week: Jax, Katherine and Hollywood. Plus the guy that sang Stay, but I cannot actually remember his name.(maybe because for me in singing shows Stay will always belong to Amber Carrington)

Comment

• leehaven24
                  Scriptwriter
                  • Jan 2007

Been watching. Not really seeing standouts. The judges LOVED the Subway guy the other night who wrote the original song. I really didn't like him at all. I guess I'm not into what's HOT?

Comment

• extracat
                    Senior Board Member
                    • Jun 2013

I really liked the guy named Adam who had the "robotic pancreas" and was playing guitar with a broken thumb. Also, I didn't see him on the show, but Brandon Green did get a golden ticket. I hope to see him in the Hollywood episodes.

Comment

• He'sAliveToday
                      Senior Board Member
                      • Jul 2011

^I liked Adam as well. and I liked like a ZILLION other singers!Hollywood week is going to tear-them-up.... singing that one song you sing in the shower or whatever is one thing, singing some of those random selections that the producers put in a hat is another. Singing tired.... singing with people you can't stand.... with attitudes you can't stand...

OH and speaking of Hollywood week, there is this one guy that is kind of a drifter that thumbs his way around life???? He was real good, too, and I'll be surprised if he actually shows up in Hollywood. If he makes it there, he won't stay. I'll be absolutely SHOCKED if he makes it all the way to the live stage.

Comment

• extracat
                        Senior Board Member
                        • Jun 2013

Yeah, I agree with you about that guy. I don't think they'll put him through to the live shows because he'll be unreliable. There were a lot of good singers. I read an interview with Keith Urban where he said that this year they have them performing in a live setting (I think House of Blues) this year as part of Hollywood week to get a better feel of how they'll do in front of an audience. I think that's a smart move. I HATE those "group" things where people have to get together with other contestants and sing. Actually, the "Hollywood Weeks" are my least favorite part of Idol. I wish they'd just skip all that crap, tell us who the Top 24 are, and start the competition.

Comment

• extracat
                          Senior Board Member
                          • Jun 2013

Keith Urban is going to be on Ellen's show tomorrow (1-26-15).

Comment

• extracat
                            Senior Board Member
                            • Jun 2013

Is anyone else still watching? The person I was most impressed with this week was Rocky, the guy who grew up in Africa. I think I would have said yes to him about 5 seconds after he started singing. He had such a beautiful voice!

Comment

• He'sAliveToday
                              Senior Board Member
                              • Jul 2011

The first episode of Hollywood week was SOOOOO GOOOD!! I wish I would have written down the names of my favorites. There are still too many to sort though. Good stuff for the first day though.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X