Thread: Gina Togoni in Soaps in Depth, March 11th issue, very good article

Gina Togoni in Soaps in Depth, March 11th issue, very good article

Nice article in CBS SID, titled Old Friends, new lives. She talks about Dinah being her absolute favorite character and she misses the show and everyone. She talks about why GL's Dinah and Mallet clicked, one reason because Mallet loved Dinah unconditionally. She briefly mentions OLTL where she played Kelly and her two short seasons on Venice. She's auditioning for primetime. She is teaching at Lincoln Center, still married to her Joe and in Hoboken New Jersey. She is developing a line of shoes and calling the line Sole9. LOL, I guess it's true, there's no business like shoe business!
    You are not logged in. Please log in for reply options.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the update!

My Mallah , oh how I miss them so

She should have no problems making it in primetime!

I miss Mallet and Dinah too, but they got their happily ever after, so I am good. Mostly everyone did on the show, so it's all good.

Thanks for sharing the synopsis to the SID article. I have enjoyed Gina's work on OLTL and GL over the years. I wish her the very best in her auditions for primetime.

Blog Entries
    I absolutely LOVE GT as an actress and she turned Dinah from one of my most loathed characters to one of my most beloved on any show. I so miss her as Dinah-mite and her portrayal was so realistic, relatable, etc. I've watched her as Kelly on OLTL too (I've watched that show for years as well) and she's great on there too, but Dinah is the role that I really miss her in--and of course I definitely miss Mallah. She breathed much-needed life into RB's Mallet, he just became a different character around her than he was around anybody else. I wish her such good luck in her primetime endeavors, I have no doubt she'll find success

Loved GT on OLTL and missed her greatly when she left. She really added a special dynamic and the story with Kelly and Joey worked in large part because of the shattering chemistry between GT and Nathan Fillion. I'd love to see GT pop up on the new OLTL if her pilot season doesn't work out for her.

Although Mallet's reasons for leaving Marina didn't make much sense, I was so glad he left her and eventually wound up with Dinah at the end.

I was glad when Mallet left Mirina and then reunited with Dinah in Germany. The show did the reunion in two parts, first part about a week before the finale, when they found each other in Germany. The show left it with a cliffhanger, Dinah watching Mallet walk away and then he turned around and called out to her. And then in the finale, there they go together at last and happily ever after. Really great stuff there.

I read that Gina's Shoe line Sole9 may be starting up this Fall !!!

I hope PP can bring back Kelly even if it's only recurring

Gina deserves better, she should be in movies and prime time. She should be more in demand, she is an amazing talent.

Blog Entries
    I think I read somewhere that Gina said she'd be open to returning to OLTL. I'd love to see her back in Llanview.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimpless View Post
    I miss Mallet and Dinah too, but they got their happily ever after, so I am good. Mostly everyone did on the show, so it's all good.
    Of course if the show had continued it is highly probable that they would have encountered some relationship troubles and much accompanying drama.
    Seagreen
    GL Forum, DH Forum, & International Soaps Forumsoapcentral.com

Questions? Comments? Please Email Me

You are right about that, seagreene. Of course, that would have happened for everyone.
    Jeffrey could have come back and Riva would be caught in the middle of a triangle with him and Josh.
    Edmund could have come back to haunt everyone.
    Jonathan could have bonded and become closer to Lizzie, causing another triangle with Jon, her and Bill.
    Danny could have been killed by a mobster, leaving Michelle alone and vulnerable and turning to Bill.
    Billy could have fallen off the wagon and that ends his marriage with Vanessa.
    Matt could have another shot with Vanessa.
    Harley could return and so could Alan-Michael and they could cause problems with Harley turning to Phillip for support and Alan-Michael getting in the middle of Phillip and Beth and creating a quadrangle, too.
    Rick and Mindy could have divorced.
    Buzz could have died.
    Alan could have returned alive (actually this sounds good!)
    Roger could have returned alive (I like that too)
    And so on, so there would have been lots of drama for all.
    But, it all ended on a good note, everyone happy, important couples reunited.
    It's all good.

How did Mallet fall in love with such a disturbed woman like Dinah, she treated her mom like crap most of the times, tried to seduce her mom's young husband, I think his name was Matt, he was Bridget's older brother, killed Hart accidentally, made Cassie's life hell. It was rumored he killed Alan-Michael when he double crossed her, is that true. I did feel sorry for her a little bit.

LOL, who WASN’T disturbed on the show. And you are referring to Dinah pre 2004,when she was played by another actress. When Gina Togoni took over the role in 2004 she made the character herown and made her more vulnerable, compassionate, loving, a woman who loved herfather and made amends with her mother and fell in love with Mallet, a surprise couple that took off when the show saw the chemistry between Gina and Rob.

By the way, that bullet should have landed on PrincessCassie(that's who it was aimed at, not Hart) and then Riva wouldn’t have had to deal with her stealing Josh away from her. And Dinah did NOT kill AlanMichael, and the reason she didn’t kill him is because Mallet came into her life and his love changed her for the better. She said so in a very heartfelt scene when Mallet found her in a church with the gun and he had feared that she had shot AlanMichael.

Quote Originally Posted by sodagirl View Post
    How did Mallet fall in love with such a disturbed woman like Dinah, she treated her mom like crap most of the times, tried to seduce her mom's young husband, I think his name was Matt, he was Bridget's older brother, killed Hart accidentally, made Cassie's life hell. It was rumored he killed Alan-Michael when he double crossed her, is that true. I did feel sorry for her a little bit.
    She also aided in the kidnapping of Lizzie Spaulding and played in a part in attempting to keep Gus addicted to drugs.
    Seagreen

Yes, and Lizzie Spaulding killed a man before she was 10and helped Alan set up Jonathan for a hit that killed Tammy and drugged several boyfriends, while Gus was no saint himself and as every drug addict usually does, blames everyone else for his addiction and if we really want to shift the blame, he started popping pills when Beth kidnapped and tortured him and Alan. But then I never watched the show to see Little House on the Prairie, that’s for sure, it was for the drama of all the dysfunctional characters who lived in my favorite town, Springfield.

Her crimes stand on their own regardless of what others may or may not have been guilty of committing.
    And Dinah certainly was a major dysfunctional character . . . and a habitual thief. Besides staging her own kidnapping to get cash, and stealing money out of the cash register at The Diner, she also stole from the 5th Ave charity fund. Pretty darn low!! Certainly not Little House on the Prairie! lol

Not only did she kill Hart in her attempt to murder Cassie but she narrowly missed murdering RJ and Cassie when she pushed a large ceramic planter on them from a balcony. Luckily someone was able to push them out of the away.
    She also paid a woman to make false charges against Frank in a sick attempt to have him fired from the police force

Looking forward to checking out Sole9!
    Last edited by seagreen; 06-21-2013 at 10:48 PM.
    Seagreen

Every character's crimes stand on their own and every character was dysfunctional otherwise what was the point in watching if we snoozed through the shows, lol.

Quite a few characters staged their own kidnappings on the show and that till at Company (the Diner) saw more hands in it than an army chow line during war time, lol. That includes Harley and Nola, too. I was happy that Dinah killed off that horndog Hart, good riddance, too bad the bullet wasn't magic and hit ice princess Cassie too, would have saved Reva future grief and Josh would have kept it in his pants. Dinah learned from the best because Vanessa did a few sick tricks in her day and so did her daddy, Henry. Ross was no saint when he hit town and so it must run in the gene pool, lol.

Point is, all the characters were dysfunctional, had to be, for good story. Roger raped Holly, yet they were an iconic couple on the show. Only on a soap, lol.

Oh can't wait to see Gina's shoe line. I hope they are cute shoes! I definitely will buy several pairs, shoe shopping is a great stress release!

Gina, one of my old time favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimpless View Post
    Every character's crimes stand on their own and every character was dysfunctional otherwise what was the point in watching if we snoozed through the shows, lol.

Except this thread is about Dinah and not all the others!!!! Dinah caused much pain to others and interferred in a lot of innocent people's lives so I think she walked on the dark side much more than she followed unicorns and rainbows!

I am sure GT's shoe line will be worthy of dancing down yellow-brick roads though!!
    Seagreen

Quote Originally Posted by katiz1114 View Post
    Gina, one of my old time favorite.
    Isn't Gina T the absolute best? She and KIm Zimer were my favorites on the show and it is telling that both of their characters were reunited with their true loves and made it to the end of the show in the finale, while other characters didn't, like Gus and Harley. I hope Gina's shoe line is a great success and if I find out anything more about it, I'll be sure to let you know.

^^^ Gus and Harley were just as reunited as anyone else on the show - Gus's last words were telling Harley she was the love of his life. Very romantic and very sad.

Who knows though if the show continued if those reunions would have lasted. So much more drama was bound to have occupied!!!
    Last edited by seagreen; 07-13-2013 at 01:49 PM.
    Seagreen

Just reading this now, loved her and Mallet. Gina is like Melody Thomas Scott, a fan favorite and so well loved.

Mallet and Dinah were such a great couple.
    Gina is just like Melody Thomas Scott.
    She is a fan favorite, favorite among the actors, too.
    She gave Dinah chops, vulnerability, multilayers, lightness, darkness, comedy and a great couple status with Rob Bogue and earned two well deserved emmys.

I miss Guiding Light. Dinah and Mallet were great loved them. I liked Shayne and Dinah, but Dinah and Mallet made GL feel really special during some hard times. I remember when they first made love and oh I quickly became a fan!

I never knew that Dinah's love of pretty shoes was inspired by Gina herself! TV needs more female characters like Dinah. There are too many wimpy females on soaps.

Myworld, I agree, Mallet and Dinah were a classic soap opera romance, filled with angst and love and other inappropriate people trying to pull them apart, but their love overcame it all and they had a happily ever after ending. Just like Josh and Reva, no matter who came between them or other marriages they may have had, they were just meant to be.

Helping Gina to spread the good word! Her shoe line is up and running! Go to Sole9.com.
    The "Angel" Ballerina style is to die for!

The Warrior Flats from sole9.com, are really comfortable shoes and look so cool. Gina is very creative with these designs. She may do a Christmas shoe. I will update later.

I absolutely loved Gina Tognoni as Dinah Marler! Best recast they ever did. Just wish we would see her in daytime again. She would be awesome on The Young and The Restless as Paul Williams daughter Heather.

Gina's Christmas shoe is supposed to be on sale at Sole9.com. Merry Christmas!

Gina's shoe business is doing really well! Her Holiday sales were great and she is going to be introducing her Spring line soon!
    I wish some prime time show would snap her up, though, because her show business talent is too amazing to waste, but at least her online business is thriving.