Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Steve Frame

0 0%
  • Mac Cory

21 72.41%
  • Carl Hutchins

8 27.59%

Thread: Rachel's Men! Who Did You Prefer?

Blog Entries

Rachel's Men! Who Did You Prefer?

Steve, Mac or Carl?

Which of Rachel's men did you like her best with?
    Last edited by midwestdj; 12-19-2012 at 10:05 AM.
    You are not logged in. Please log in for reply options.

Blog Entries
    I voted for Mac. I was too young for Steve (now I'm having second thoughts as if it was Steve Frame or not...) and thought it was weird she got with Carl there at the end.

Mac was wonderful.

Blog Entries
    I voted for Carl because it worked when you wouldn't expect it too. But there is no question Rachel and Mac were the driving force of the show for so long and a true supercouple. But I totally loved Mac so it's nothing against him. The Rachel/Carl relationship is the underdog here so I giving some support.

Blog Entries
    I can understand that Emerald Greens. Especially when you have two top notch actors like Victoria Wyndham and Charles Keating.

I think Rachel was fortunate enough to have 2 great loves of her life and they were Mac AND Carl.

I gotta go with Carl. Douglass Watson died in 1989 so Carl and Rachel is the couple that I'm more familiar with (in regards to watching). Their relationship was one that needed to be handled delicately considering their history, but it was fantastic!

I MISS ANOTHER WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sisterx4 View Post
    I think Rachel was fortunate enough to have 2 great loves of her life and they were Mac AND Carl.
    Gotta throw Steve in there too. They were one of daytime's first supercouples. I think next to Doug and Julie (DOOL) they made it on TV Guide's cover as well...

But yes, it was wonderful Rachel Cory had another love after Mac died.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MichSoapFan View Post
    I gotta go with Carl. Douglass Watson died in 1989 so Carl and Rachel is the couple that I'm more familiar with (in regards to watching). Their relationship was one that needed to be handled delicately considering their history, but it was fantastic!

I MISS ANOTHER WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MichSoapFan... I wish you had seen Douglass Watson in action, he was magnificent. Won 2 Emmy's (back to back) for Lead Actor for his role as Mac.

ITA with you.... I MISS ANOTHER WORLD TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

psst.. GO BLUE!

Quote Originally Posted by midwestdj View Post
    MichSoapFan... I wish you had seen Douglass Watson in action, he was magnificent. Won 2 Emmy's (back to back) for Lead Actor for his role as Mac.

ITA with you.... I MISS ANOTHER WORLD TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

psst.. GO BLUE!
    I wish I had too and yes I heard he was amazing! There are only a small collection of clips of his online (which I enjoyed watching). But as I said, I'm more familiar with the Carl/Rachel story.

And yes..... Go Blue!!!

Don't forget there was a love relationship with William Epsy as well... Mitch Blake... and the gallery guy, Ken??? However... there is no doubt in my mind that Mac and Rachel is the couple of all couples in the soap world. Their love was real, believable and tender. Sure, Carl and Rachel was great but Douglass Watson and Victoria Wyndham are classic. I, too, miss Another World.

Blog Entries
    I can understand that Emerald Greens. Especially when you have two top notch actors like Victoria Wyndham and Charles Keating.
    They had great chemistry. Interesting that Rachel could be so beliviable with both Mac and Carl.No doubt all three actors made both pairings work.

I loved Rachel and Mac, but grew to love Carl and Rachel as well. I miss "Another World" very much. Victoria Wyndham is missed greatly in daytime.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem_Stud View Post
    I loved Rachel and Mac, but grew to love Carl and Rachel as well. I miss "Another World" very much. Victoria Wyndham is missed greatly in daytime.
    Ain't that the truth.

Seems there could be some show that could use her expertise.

I loved Rachel with them all. Carl, Mac, Mitch, Steve, wonderful stories. I miss the old daytime stories.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by powernat View Post
    I loved Rachel with them all. Carl, Mac, Mitch, Steve, wonderful stories. I miss the old daytime stories.
    Me too, daytime has changed a lot. Recently, I started watching a British soap called Coronation Street, it's absolutely wonderful. It's reminiscent of the daytime of old, with a British take of course !

Blog Entries
    Steve, Mac or Carl? Which of Rachel's men did you like her best with?
    ------------hi midwest, wow, it's great to see AW being discussed-I have to check this board out!! I LOVED AW, and still miss it a lot!! I loved Rachel and Mac, They were the signature coulple of AW for so many years. When I was a child I loved when Mac would lift his glass of champagne, on Christmas or Thanksgiving and toast first the table, (the Corys ) and then the audience! That was so fun before my own holiday meal. Those were such great days for soaps!! ....Sadly the incredibly talented Douglas Watson passed and there was such a gap on AW. In later years I really liked Rachel and Carl for several reasons, her art became even more a part of who Rachel was (although her sculpting had been incorporated into the character-VW is a great artist-IRL!!) With Carl, Rachel became more artistic I think, and I liked the poetry (by Carl) and the general feel of their relationship. .....Wow-do i miss Another World!!

Blog Entries
    Yes Tulip, AW is/was such a classic soap. I think the ex-HW is a writer for GH now... Jean Passante (sp?). I could be wrong though.

Douglass Watson was such an iconic figure and the character of Mac lived on until the end of AW in '99.

mac....damm I miss this show..

Mac. miss thissoap so very, verymuch also

Blog Entries
    Poor Steve Frame.... He must've been too long ago....

The one and only Mackenzie Cory! They were the love of each other's lives. I remember Steve he never loved Rachel he loved Alice.

Mac. I liked Carl alright but Mac and Rachel was what drew me in as a young girl. Steve um not really Rachel's lol