Thread: Mac and Ada's Deaths

Blog Entries

Mac and Ada's Deaths

Just got through watching YouTube videos of both Mac and Ada's deaths, wow! Amazing writing and acting! Sure do miss AW and Victoria Wyndham!
    You are not logged in. Please log in for reply options.

Another World was a fantastic show. The writing, the acting, the timing. Ada and Mac's deaths were handled brilliantly. I miss that show too.

I agree. The other death that I remember that had me in tears was Wallingford when Brent Collins passed away.

All three were so sad but the one that got me the most was Ada. I still cry when I watch it. AW was so lucky to have such a talented cast.

Blog Entries
    ^ they certainly did have a talented cast lead by Victoria Wyndham - I always loved her and thought she got shafted by never getting an Emmy or even nominated for that matter....

Quote Originally Posted by midwestdj View Post
    ^ they certainly did have a talented cast lead by Victoria Wyndham - I always loved her and thought she got shafted by never getting an Emmy or even nominated for that matter....
    She never got an emmy nomination?
    That is shocking. She is so talented.

According to wikipedia she was nominated for a daytime emmy in 1978 and 1979 and won an SOD award in 1986.

Quote Originally Posted by MDC View Post
    Another World was a fantastic show. The writing, the acting, the timing. Ada and Mac's deaths were handled brilliantly. I miss that show too.
    The best, great storytelling and continuity of old families, new families introduced and developed, not just dumped on us. Also Ryan's Hope was great, and that was mostly about the one family.

Another World is still, IMO, the best daytime soap known. Have a look at youtube videos of Victoria Wyndham... her acting is truly mind-blowing. This woman is a true artist: painting, sculpture, acting... the full deal. I would love for VW to show up in a great role that shows her tender and tough sides. Com'on Y&R, DOOL or GH... bring Victoria Wyndham on your canvas!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Restless View Post
    Another World is still, IMO, the best daytime soap known. Have a look at youtube videos of Victoria Wyndham... her acting is truly mind-blowing. This woman is a true artist: painting, sculpture, acting... the full deal. I would love for VW to show up in a great role that shows her tender and tough sides. Com'on Y&R, DOOL or GH... bring Victoria Wyndham on your canvas!
    I totally agree Restless! Daytime could use a powerhouse like VW.

Again, one of the biggest mistakes in Emmy nomination is Victoria never was nominated (to the best of my knowledge). Sad...

Looked up Victoria Wyndham on Wikipedia, I have to correct myself... She was nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress in '78 & '79. Never won though.
    Last edited by midwestdj; 12-07-2012 at 03:26 AM.

I agree... completely.. we become attached to the show and show stories.. they became a part of what we enjoy and miss them when they are gone.. maybe they will return..

Here here. I second that ... good actors are always amazing and need to be showcased

My mother was a CBS viewer, but I introduced her to Another World. She was happy to see Constance Ford and other great actors that she knew from other programs. There are so many performers from AW who should still be in soaps today.

Blog Entries
    I still think about AW and miss it. The only other one I miss that much is GL.

They had some great characters and sl's.

This was the one show I was truly addicted to. I started to watch when I was 11 or 12 and watched during summer holidays, then on days off from work. I watched this show til the last episode and miss it still. I miss the characters...we become attached as if they are family because we spend just as much time with them. I mourned the loss of Mac, Ada and Wallingford as well as the actors themselves. The stories were great and some incredibly talented and well known actors came from that show or appeared. Ray Liotta as Joey, Morgan Freeman and Meg Ryan just to name a few. I will occasionally go on utube to watch them now and then.
    I really didn't like when the show ended that a few characters went to GL and were subsequently killed off.....

Blog Entries
    Yes I loved how the show honored the actors in flashbacks. It was a great show.