Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Mac and Ada's Deaths

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7,895
    Blog Entries
    1

    Mac and Ada's Deaths

    Just got through watching YouTube videos of both Mac and Ada's deaths, wow! Amazing writing and acting! Sure do miss AW and Victoria Wyndham!
    You are not logged in. Please log in for reply options.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    118
    Another World was a fantastic show. The writing, the acting, the timing. Ada and Mac's deaths were handled brilliantly. I miss that show too.
    You are not logged in. Please log in for reply options.

  3. #3
    I agree. The other death that I remember that had me in tears was Wallingford when Brent Collins passed away.
    You are not logged in. Please log in for reply options.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,410
    All three were so sad but the one that got me the most was Ada. I still cry when I watch it. AW was so lucky to have such a talented cast.
    You are not logged in. Please log in for reply options.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7,895
    Blog Entries
    1
    ^ they certainly did have a talented cast lead by Victoria Wyndham - I always loved her and thought she got shafted by never getting an Emmy or even nominated for that matter....
    You are not logged in. Please log in for reply options.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,410
    Quote Originally Posted by midwestdj View Post
    ^ they certainly did have a talented cast lead by Victoria Wyndham - I always loved her and thought she got shafted by never getting an Emmy or even nominated for that matter....
    She never got an emmy nomination?
    That is shocking. She is so talented.
    You are not logged in. Please log in for reply options.

  7. #7
    According to wikipedia she was nominated for a daytime emmy in 1978 and 1979 and won an SOD award in 1986.
    You are not logged in. Please log in for reply options.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by MDC View Post
    Another World was a fantastic show. The writing, the acting, the timing. Ada and Mac's deaths were handled brilliantly. I miss that show too.
    The best, great storytelling and continuity of old families, new families introduced and developed, not just dumped on us. Also Ryan's Hope was great, and that was mostly about the one family.
    You are not logged in. Please log in for reply options.

  9. #9
    Another World is still, IMO, the best daytime soap known. Have a look at youtube videos of Victoria Wyndham... her acting is truly mind-blowing. This woman is a true artist: painting, sculpture, acting... the full deal. I would love for VW to show up in a great role that shows her tender and tough sides. Com'on Y&R, DOOL or GH... bring Victoria Wyndham on your canvas!
    You are not logged in. Please log in for reply options.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7,895
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Restless View Post
    Another World is still, IMO, the best daytime soap known. Have a look at youtube videos of Victoria Wyndham... her acting is truly mind-blowing. This woman is a true artist: painting, sculpture, acting... the full deal. I would love for VW to show up in a great role that shows her tender and tough sides. Com'on Y&R, DOOL or GH... bring Victoria Wyndham on your canvas!
    I totally agree Restless! Daytime could use a powerhouse like VW.

    Again, one of the biggest mistakes in Emmy nomination is Victoria never was nominated (to the best of my knowledge). Sad...

    Looked up Victoria Wyndham on Wikipedia, I have to correct myself... She was nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress in '78 & '79. Never won though.
    Last edited by midwestdj; 12-07-2012 at 03:26 AM.
    You are not logged in. Please log in for reply options.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •