• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Penelope P
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2007

How To Get Away with Murder

Season 4 has begun again with another outstanding performance of Viola Davis. She discovers that her mother (wonderfully played by Cicely Tyson) has dementia..........awesome and heart breaking opening.
  • Emerald Greens
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2006

I like the law side of the show better but Viola and Cicely are brilliant . Absolutely heartbreaking. I admire both women so much.

Comment

• Penelope P
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Feb 2007

I like the law side also Emerald Greens and I think they will get back to it soon. Viola Davis is one of those actresses that doesn't care if she's wearing makeup, if her nose is running or how ugly she looks and then suurprises us with her beauty.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Feb 2006

Oh yes, she is phenomenal! I'm in awe of Viola.

I do understand though dealing with her family and past it's part of who Annalise is.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Feb 2006

Other than Annalise I am finding I don't have much sympathy for the others. I do to varying degrees and Annalise did have a negative impact of them in way but some of them act like such spoiled brats. Maybe Viola is just too good at making you feel for her no matter what. This reminds me of Hugh Laurie on House he made me care much more about House than his bratty team(even though I liked most of them).

Comment

• Penelope P
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Feb 2007

Well they are spoiled brats and this cliff hanger that keeps hanging us up at the end of each episode is driving me crazy, but good crazy . I somehow hope that Annalise hooks up with Nate; after all, she is a very sexual person other than a good lawyer .

Comment

• Emerald Greens
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Feb 2006

I can up to a point understand it they are young enough they think they have all the answers but it's annoying all the same .Bonnie should understand Annalise's pushing her away more than the rest do.

Yes another what's going on?! I really don't think any of them should have a child around as awful it sounds I hope there is no twist on that. This is not a show to have children and the characters are not equipped for it.
              Last edited by Emerald Greens; October 21, 2017, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Penelope P
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Feb 2007

You're right about Bonnie Emerald Greens and I don't know how she will handle Frank having sex with Laurel. I love Frank and I hope that he and Annalise find a road to redemption. This latest episode was great, but aren't they all?

Comment

• Emerald Greens
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  • Feb 2006

I'm not sure Frank is that relevant to Bonnie now! Wow I understand her better now although I don't think revenge even from an emotional perspective is the way to go. I think she has put every possible relationship ideal on to Annalise. Parent,friend, sister, lover/partner. Understandable given what she has been through and what Annalise has done for her.Not good for either of them but it's understandable. That is my take on at least to this point.

Comment

• Penelope P
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    • Feb 2007

How heartbreaking to hear Bonnie's story and understandable the need for revenge. They also keep adding one more tidbit at the end.......WOW!. Truly a great cast but Viola Davis is a standout.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
                      Aspiring soap scribe
                      • Feb 2006

My heart broke for Bonnie. I wish she wasn't trying to sabotage Annalise but I get it. I was never a Bonnie fan but I could almost like her now I may be a Bonnie fan. Liza plays her with simmering restraint. The anger and hurt is all there she holds onto it tight but it's coming out now.

Viola is phenomenal.

Is that Asher in jail and crying ? The flash forward?!

Comment

• Emerald Greens
                        Aspiring soap scribe
                        • Feb 2006

The other thing is I think maybe Frank is the father of Laurel's baby. I didn't before but now I have a feeling it's not Wes.

Comment

• helloeverybody!
                          Lurking in the Shadows
                          • Oct 2017

Hello fellow HTGAWM fans !

Who do you think is dead?

Comment

• Soapfan54
                            Contract Poster
                            • Aug 2016

Originally posted by helloeverybody! View Post
                            Hello fellow HTGAWM fans !

Who do you think is dead?
                            Hi there I think it's either Teagen or Simon--and I hope it's not Michaela.
                            Last edited by Soapfan54; October 27, 2017, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• Soapfan54
                              Contract Poster
                              • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Emerald Greens View Post
                              The other thing is I think maybe Frank is the father of Laurel's baby. I didn't before but now I have a feeling it's not Wes.
                              I always thought it was Frank's. Laurel/Frank were way "busier" than she/Wes were. I always believed that she was already pregnant when she/Wes hooked up.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X