Mom's Guide to Happy DAYS
by, 03-17-2012 at 07:22 PM (1861 Views)
I love it when my mom, sister and I get together to talk about soaps. We don't always agree, but we sure to love to talk about DAYS. Below is the actual email that I got from my mom on Thursday morning. If you disagree with her, tell me about it in the comment section! Just, be aware that there are no promises that I'll pass them on. It's always best not to disagree with mom. Unless your Sami. Or Will.
OK, caught up shows M-W online; really wish I could record them and skip these commercials. I know this is your writing week, so here are some prompts from your English teacher mom.......
- I really don't like Austin. He has not fallen into my John Black category, but he is on his way. His character isn't believable and why do I feel like at any moment he might break into a "Passions" Style Song and Dance routine or a song from Mama Mia?
- Make-up Artists/Wardrobe Staff/Hair Stylists need to make Kate look older, unless we find out she had Billy when she was 12.....
- There suddenly is no story-line for EJ or his exotic father. Both need less dialogue and more action.
- I am solidly in Camp Lucas; so glad he's back. BUT with him here, there is no point in keeping Rafe around.
- Is the actress playing Caroline ill? Haven't seen her in a long time.
- Tomorrow is technically a Holiday Friday in Soap World. I expect to see Julie appear in an Irish Linen apron carrying a plate of Shamrock shaped sugar cookies in for Sierra while Doug, dressed as a leprechaun, sings "While Irish Eyes are Smiling".
- Abigail....This young actress impresses me. She is actually taking over some of Jennifer's known acting persona...like mouthing words before the voice speaks. Actually, I do like her acting.
- Why is it the "the lovely doc" who has broken wedding vows, killed people (unintentionally), and attempted to kill others (unsuccessfully) still keeping her golden girl status with the writers?
- Another issue for Wardrobe/Hair Stylists-----let's get Maggie out of the 1980's BIG hair and the 1776 Ruffled Blouses.
- Melanie is quickly moving up in LIKE column, however she really deserves a sophisticated, well educated love-interest.
- As for Ian, I don't know if this soap really needs one more weird, old man. They need one who is debonair like MacDonald Carey was.
- and then there is Roman. PLEASE writers, give him some believable lines AND a story line of his own!!!!!
That's all for tonight. Hope this gives you some writer's motivation.