46 Reasons to Watch DAYS- Part 1
by, 11-05-2011 at 12:36 PM (10049 Views)
Each year your faithful DAYS Two Scoopers celebrate the show's anniversary by asking, "Why exactly do we keep watching DAYS?" Aside from the fact that we simply love the show (probably a little too much, at times), we annually come up with other reasons, too. And what's better than last year's 45 Reasons to Watch DAYS? Simple! This year's 46 Reason to Watch DAYS!
Please enjoy an anniversary drink while you scroll through our reasons to "heart" life in Salem, but be sure to add your reasons in the comment section!
46. Because DAYS and its sister-soaps are a helluva lot better than any show called The Chew.
45. Hearing Victor say, "Ki-dee-AH-keys," and his snappy one-liners, and his super-sweet, gush-worthy love for Maggie, oh heck! Pretty much anything else the fabulous John Aniston does!
44. Although running a gambling ring on a college website is illegal, it's not a crime to place bets on how old J.J. Deveraux and Joey Johnson will be if and when they finally show on-screen again.
43. To see when Chad will start hanging out with his Uncle John and talk about how much they wish they weren't related to Stefano.
42. Even if it's Julie or Jennifer baking them, Alice Horton's doughnuts are always a yummy treat. Word to the wise, it's best to pass on them if Hope's in charge.
41. Because of Countess Wilhelmina and Mad Word, you can shop for all of your cosmetics needs and never leave the town square! On second thought, ordering on-line might be safer as you won't get caught in the crossfire between Kate and Madison.
40. Watching everyday makes it easier to spot the Sydney recasts. FYI, we're currently on number three.
39. What Patrick Swayze did for dirty dancing, Quinn Hudson is doing for self-defense. Sign us up, sexy!
38. Sonny's bright disposition makes us think he could have easily be named "Sunny" Kiriakis. But what's not to like about the mountain-climbing, web-savvy, upbeat son of Justin and Adrienne? Besides, Victor would kill us if we didn't add Sonny to our list.
37. With Patrick Muldoon back, Austin's IQ (and likeability) has quadrupled.
36. Because after all this time, we still can't figure out where Salem, U.S.A. is located! It has bizarre weather patterns and is in close proximity to nearly everywhere from Chicago to tropical islands. Nope, we don't want to miss when its location is finally revealed!
35. Because those jet-setting songsters Doug and Julie don't just perform anywhere, so you'll want to be in Salem when they belt out another tune!
34. To see if Mama Hernandez will ever visit Salem, and which daytime mega guest star will play her. She hasn't visited for marriages or funerals yet, but perhaps she'll come if she believes Rafe or Gabi will expose the super-secret, super-awesome Hernandez tamale recipe.
33. Because Daniel is the first character in DAYS history to have a mystery child and a mystery mom in the same 18 month period and you don't want to miss his next relative reveal!
32. Because you have that friend, mom, or sister who's always down to gossip about what's happening in Salem- and fathers, husbands, boyfriends, or other assorted male friends who pretend not to watch, but could easily list all of main characters, who they're married to, and who they're sleeping with .
31. Hope's eyebrow!
30. To see if Caroline catches the bouquet at Maggie's wedding.
29. Because Stephanie is still technically in town to give Abigail some cousinly advice!
28. For proof that it is ok to have a drink in your hand at all times. WAIT! We needed proof? Damn.
27. To see if there's anyone that Arianne Zucker doesn't have chemistry with.
26. Because love him or hate him, Jack sure knows how to make an entrance!
25. To keep track of how many relatives Melanie actually gets. (Remember when Max was her brother?)
24. To see when Allie and Sydney finally turn into Carrie and Sami 2.0. Considering Allie might have inherited Lucas's loser streak and Sydney might have inherited Sami AND E.J.'s, um, spirit, this could get interesting.
23. Watching Abe and E.J.'s drama-filled mayoral debates live is more interesting (and less time consuming) than waiting for the recaps on CNN.
22. Do you really want to make Maxine mad by not watching her show?
21. To get tips on how to create, train, and place a replacement clone in your ex-wife's house, have him kill your current wife's mother, - and get away with it all!
20. You can get tips on how to have a miracle baby- case in point, have your eggs frozen and wait until your niece finds bank statements from your mother-in-law and follow the clues! (What? Were you waiting for a stork or something?)
19. Now that everyone hangs out at Horton Town Square, it's a lot less risky to talk to yourself aloud about your torrid secrets on the pier.
18. Because Kate's assistant Chris popped up from out of nowhere and you want to be ready when he does so again!
17. With Carrie back in Salem, it's only a matter of time before the Brady sisters explode with sibling rivalry.
16. Those hunky Kiriakis men, more specifically, to see those hunky Kiriakis dimples in HD!!! Then again NBC might be worried that if Bo, Justin, Brady, and Sonny were ever to share a scene, our TVs would melt!
15. How else are you going to make an informed decision on the better accent? James Scott vs. Bren Foster
14. Because Will has turned out to be the grown-up that we always wanted his parents to be!
13. Because Doc Evans is back in Salem, and Stefano is sure to have a sinister plot brewing for his "Queen of the Night."
12. To hear Stefano roll his R's.
11. Because Jennifer reminds you to call your best friend and catch up on old times!