45 Reasons To Watch DAYS! [The Top Ten]
by, 11-06-2010 at 06:42 PM (4848 Views)
Lyndon B. Johnson was the U.S. president. The Gateway Arch was completed in St. Louis. The hills were alive with The Sound of Music for the first time on the big screen. And on the small screen, a soap with humble beginnings premiered on November 8, 1965. That soap was, of course, Days of our Lives.
Now, 45 years later, that humble soap has turned into one of the most treasured daytime institutions. It introduced us to the beloved Horton Family, the blue-collar Brady bunch, and the powerful Kiriakis clan. It also showed us what true evil looked like in the form of the DiMeras. And it has made us laugh with characters such as Eugene and Calliope. Of course, DAYS also broke new ground when Vivian buried Carly alive and Marlena became possessed by the devil himself in the ‘90s. Yet whereas time may have changed since the most scandalous misadventure was Julie Olsen stealing from Bartlett’s Department Store, one thing has remained the same – the show has entertained us for decades.
But whether you’re a lifelong DAYS-o-holic or a relative newbie, most can agree on one thing – we love Salem and just can’t get enough of it! To celebrate, Laurisa and I – your faithful DAYS Two Scoopers – put together our annual list of Reasons to Watch DAYS! Below are the top ten reasons, but be sure to jump over to Laurisa’s blog for the first 35!
10. EJ vs. Rafe is the hottest thing since Edward vs. Jacob!
9. Kate Robert’s fingernails, streak of blue hair, and anything else adding to her Annie Hall meets Tim Burton fashion.
8. The always welcome comedic talents of Arianne Zucker, John Aniston, Louise Sorel, and Molly Burnett.
7. Because you still get a little fuzzy inside each time Abe calls Roman “Partner.”
6. To see how the writers work the words, “all the days of our lives” into every wedding vow, marriage proposal, eulogy, or good toast.
5. Because Jennifer Rose reminds us all to get together with our best friends!
4. Because even Pre-Christmas Day Scrooge smiles at the thought of hanging ornaments on the Horton Christmas tree. And, admit it – you want one with your name on it, too!*
3. Because Alice Horton is still the best soap grandma there ever was!
2. Because Bo and Hope are still Bo and Hope…even if they aren’t Bo and Hope for a little while.
1. Because no matter how frustrated you can be at DAYS sometimes, you still break out into a warm smile when you hear the ageless MacDonald Carey proclaim, “Like sands through the hour glass, so are the days our lives.”
And there you have it – 45 Reasons to Watch (or keep watching) DAYS! Thanks for reading! And don’t forget to add your reasons to watch below in the comments section. Also don’t forget to check out this week’s Two Scoops!
* This picture is courtesy of Jason47, be sure to check out his amazing 45th Anniversary Tribute!