DanJKroll

One Life to Live event at SAG Foundation in NYC

Rate this Entry
I had the opportunity to attend a panel discussion at the SAG Foundation in New York City on Tuesday evening -- and it was a very nice evening. David A Gregory, Kristen Alderson, Sean Ringgold, Florencia Lozano, Kassie DePaiva, Hillary B. Smith, and Frank Valentini were all in attendance.

The purpose of the event was to tell SAG members about the soap opera genre, offer advice on getting a big break or work in the acting industry, and the like. It was not a "Who was your favorite co-star?" type of situation.

It was fascinating to hear how each of the stars got involved in acting, found their way to daytime, and what they had to say about the state of the industry. I'm going to do a little write up for the site this week. There were lots of little nuggets that I think are valuable to everyt soap fan.

So that's just a little update for everyone. Look for more later
dan

Submit "One Life to Live event at SAG Foundation in NYC" to Digg Submit "One Life to Live event at SAG Foundation in NYC" to del.icio.us Submit "One Life to Live event at SAG Foundation in NYC" to StumbleUpon Submit "One Life to Live event at SAG Foundation in NYC" to Google

Tags: oltl
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thanks for this. As an actor myself, and a soap fan who's never been interested in any of the fan events, this is the kind of evening right up my alley. I can't wait to hear your insights into the real grit of the business, which I love and find endlessly fascinating.