BluEyedGrl105

Take Five: Lila-Rae

Rate this Entry
Background Information, age 15 going on 16. Spencer coming tonight or tomorrow.

Lila-Rae:

“ ‘Cause there’s a lot you don’t know/But you say you won’t go and I’d like to believe you”

1.)The first time she got kicked out of boarding school was because she refused to wear the headband as part of the uniform. You can force her into green plaid but you cannot make her look like Winona Ryder on trial for shoplifting.

2.)Contrary to what Mom says the headband was not because she wanted to piss the headmistress off (although that did enter into it.) The refusal to wear the damn thing only turned into a protest after the headmistress said her reason was silly. She knows its shallow to learn this from a headband but that week she realized no one could intimidate her into doing something she didn’t want to do.

3.)The second time was because she was having sex with Mr.Savino, her 28-year-old Italian teacher. Technically her dismissal was a “mutual decision” and had to do with other girls calling her "The Italian Job". All that experience taught her was lei a stupida, stupida ragazza!

4.)Her Mom can’t know she knows about her Father, and especially that she doesn’t hate her for it, because if she gets kicked out of school a third time she may need to send Mommy dearest on a long, meandering guilt trip.

5.)At first the only reason she was nice to Angie was because she thought if she got on the DNA-verified Q’s good side Tracy might back off. Instead she got a partner in crime who took Tracy’s snarky beat downs beside her.

Lila-Rae on her Mother:

1.)At St. Augustine’s Elementary the other children thought she was in the minority because she didn’t have a Father. She saw herself as a minority because she had a Mother instead of a nanny.

2.)Every July until she was fourteen she and Mom went to the Bahamas where she would eventually emerge a coffee color while Mom was still stubbornly ivory. For all of August strangers would ask where, “she came from?” thinking Mom took a lesson from Ms. Jolie on family planning. Never missing a beat Mom answered dryly, “my uterus.” No matter how many times Mom used that same retort it automatically switched on a flicker of warmth in her chest.

3.)After the “boarding school drama” - as Mom referred to it when there was no escaping it being referred to - a chasm of feelings and experiences grew between them that (she convinced herself) couldn’t be bridged by empty explanations.

4.)Mom never asked about Mr. Savino. Not even during the excruciatingly long 43-minute limo drive from boarding school #2 to the airport. That same silence has seeped its way into every conversation they’ve had since, regardless of how loud she yells or Mom cries or both of them slam doors.

5.)When Angie told her that her (single, heiress) mother was dead she saw all of her worst fears eloquently expressed on Angie’s eerily composed face.

Submit "Take Five: Lila-Rae" to Digg Submit "Take Five: Lila-Rae" to del.icio.us Submit "Take Five: Lila-Rae" to StumbleUpon Submit "Take Five: Lila-Rae" to Google

Updated 05-12-2010 at 10:04 AM by BluEyedGrl105

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I love Lila Rae's backstory, amazing, but it needs more detail as to how Lila Rae came to be with the Q's and how Lila, Lila's namesake ended up on the Quartermaine doorstep and what were Edward, Monica, Tracy, Maya, and Brook-lynn's reactions to seeing Lila Rae?
    This is just the backstory, the next installments will deal with Angie's and Lila's respective arrivals to the Q mansion. Do you think I made Lila-Rae come off as slutty? I was going for sassy, pragmatic and prideful...but now I think she might just seem slutty lol.
    Updated 05-15-2010 at 12:23 PM by BluEyedGrl105
    [B]You should make Lila Rae more like her great-grandmother Lila, her namesake, in the way she acts when she is comfortable around people who she has known for a long time, like for example acting slutty is just a facade she puts up, but the real her is exactly like her namesake, and will Lila Rae know about her Grandpa Alan and get to know more about him?[/B]

[B]Will Lila Rae also know about her Uncle Jason? her Uncle A.J.? her Aunt Emily?[/B]

[B]Will Lila Rae also cross paths with her Great-Aunt Tracy who seems to hate her mom Skye, will Tracy also hate Lila Rae too since Lila Rae is Tracy's mom's namesake, or will Tracy treat her mother's namesake like how Tracy treated her mother Lila when she was alive?[/B]

[B]Will Lila Rae also have a relationship with her Step-Grandma Monica?[/B]

[B]Will Lila Rae also meet her cousins Maya and Brook-lynn since Brook is coming back to the show?[/B]
    [B]Will Lila Rae also know about her Uncle Jason? her Uncle A.J.? her Aunt Emily?

Will Lila Rae also cross paths with her Great-Aunt Tracy who seems to hate her mom Skye, will Tracy also hate Lila Rae too since Lila Rae is Tracy's mom's namesake, or will Tracy treat her mother's namesake like how Tracy treated her mother Lila when she was alive?[/B]

[B]Will Lila Rae also have a relationship with her Step-Grandma Monica?[/B]

[B]Will Lila Rae also meet her cousins Maya and Brook-lynn since Brook is coming back to the show?[/B]
    Lila Rae is no angel and I'm keeping her that way ;-)
    [B]Since Lila Rae will be no angel, in fact she will be a hellcat, lol, jkz, will Lila Rae hear stories about her namesake Great-Grandma Lila, and will Lila Rae feel like she is being compared to her namesake great-grandmother, putting all this pressure on her that she feels like she cannot live up to Lila's name, since Lila Q was such a saint?[/B]
    [B]As well will Lila Rae interact and share scenes with her Uncle Jason Morgan? Will Lila Rae also hear stories about her uncle who works for Sonny Corinthos, the man responsible for her father Lorenzo's death?[/B]

[B]Will Lila Rae also interact with her Grandma Monica? Great-Grandfather Edward? Great-Aunt Tracy?[/B]
    Of course Lila-Rae will know about her Aunts and Uncles! Why wouldn’t Skye tell her? Considering the only one of them alive is Jason and he’s never at the mansion they won’t have too much interaction. Lila-Rae’s view of Jason is to be a little bit wary. Everyone knows he’s a hit man but that fact hits closer to home for her. She doesn’t hate Jason for killing her father but she can’t help thinking of it when she sees him. And neither can he.

I already gave you some idea about Tracy and Lila-Rae’s relationship in my blog. Tracy is insulted Skye named her daughter after Lila and thinks she only did it to suck up to Edward.

A good point about Lila-Rae feeling pressured to live up to her namesake. Oh….I hadn’t thought of that. Interesting.

Lila-Rae will interact with everyone in the Q mansion. This includes Monica, Edward, Tracy and all the staff (mainly Alice.)