44 Reasons To Watch Days!
by, 11-01-2009 at 12:22 AM (5332 Views)
44 Reasons To Watch Days!
Everyone raise a cyber glass of champagne because it’s time to celebrate! On November 8th, your favorite show and ours, Days of Our Lives, turns 44! With the help of some friends and fellow Days-o-holics, Laurisa and I came up with 44 reasons why we stay tuned in. Once you finish our list, feel free to leave your comments – we’re eager to hear your reasons, too!
1. To try to figure out where in the U.S. Salem is located based on its bizarre weather patterns and close proximity to nearly everywhere from Chicago to tropical islands!
2. Because, no matter how long a character has been on the show, they can always have a "mysterious past" that we never knew about.
3. To see when the Days "kids" surpass their parents in age.
4. Hearing Victor say, “Ki-dee-AH-keys.”
5. Because you can't resist the cuteness factor when Theo hugs someone or of Sydney’s scene-stealing adorableness!
6. To hear Stefano roll his R's.
7. To see if either Roman or Lucas actually ends up with the girl.
8. Move over Jeopardy!, you can learn a lot during the Days Trivia bits! I mean, really, tell us you aren’t proud of yourself when you get a hard question right or angry at yourself when you get one wrong that you totally SHOULDA HAD!
9. For proof that it is ok to have a drink in your hand at all times.
10. The flashbacks make us thankful that feathered hair died out in the ‘80s!
11. Hanging the ornaments on the Horton Christmas tree.
12. Because making shadow puppets for an hour each afternoon is kinda boring.
13. Three Words: Alice. Horton’s. Doughnuts. Ok, a fourth word – “Yummy!”
14. To see if Sami actually gets a job.
15. Hope’s eyebrows!
16. Bryan Dattilo, Molly Burnett, and Arianne Zucker’s comedic flare.
17. To see if Nicole will ever learn.
18. Because when a new lady arrives in Salem, you get to play a guessing game! Will she be a former prostitute, porn star, drug addict, or all three!?
19. You have a hankering for hourglasses.
20. To get tips on how to fake a pregnancy or death, to learn how to brainwash someone, or figure out how to change a blood test – and cover it all up!
21. To see if someone actually keels over and dies from caffeine overload from all that business Java Café is seeing.
22. Because Kate Roberts will make you thankful for your mother-in-law (even if you don’t have one yet). No matter how nasty yours might be, she’ll never be as killer as Kate.
23. You can learn how to completely ignore relatives when it helps you make a point. I.E., you can forget children you had. *cough Rex and Cassie*
24. You’re never short for drinking game ideas. You can take a shot every time Nicole makes a flimsy excuse, chug a beer when E.J. flips out about something, and/or drink a pitcher of margaritas every time there’s a “Danloe” love scene (which helps erase that image wonderfully).
25. You can learn everything there is to know about baby care, feminine hygiene products, and STD drugs during commercial breaks.
26. Those hunky Kiriakis men with their dimples! And between Philip, Brady, Justin, and Victor there are enough dimples to fill eight spots on our list.
27. Caroline’s chowder – imaginary comfort food that’s 100% fat free!
28. It fills up some spare time between lunch and starting dinner, or between dinner and bedtime, or just after breakfast. Thanks to DVR, TiVo, and now NBC.com, it’s the perfect gift to enjoy anytime!
29. The twisted family trees! Figuring out how characters are related always keeps you on your toes…and when you’ve got it figured out, you can help explain some things to Sydney.
30. Because we’re pretty convinced simply watching Nadia Bjorlin will make someone more attractive via osmosis.
31. Because anytime you see a child, an airplane, or someone becomes pregnant, you know something juicy is going to happen!
32. To catch some of the most fashionable baby-bump-hiding techniques this side of Modern Woman.
33. With all of the awesome returns this year, you can’t wait to see who’s coming back next!
34. To see if Vivian will bury anyone alive this time around!
35. Bo and Hope – daytime’s best supercouple (most of the time).
36. You can place bets on when 2009s Teen Scene will graduate high school. Will it be a few weeks, months, or years from now!?
37. Because you can’t get enough of the über-talented Alison Sweeney! Daytime? Check! Primetime? Check! Now if she’d only do a few infomercials to fill in the overnight gap…
38. To see James Scott bat his little eyes and hear his lovely accent.
39. Victor’s snappy one-liners…and pretty much anything else the fabulous John Aniston does.
40. That awesome gold rimmed stemware that’s everywhere from Chez Rouge to remote islands in the Caribbean to the Kiriakis mansion.
41. The hope that someone will actually live happily ever after.
42. Because Maggie’s back! Well, technically she never went anywhere, but she’s on more than once a month now. In fact, it’s several times a week these days. Hip, hip, hooray!
43. After 44 years Days is doing something right! Plus, ratings are up and you don’t want to be the last person on the band wagon!
44. To keep your favorite Days Two Scoopers employed!
And there you have it – 44 Reasons to Watch (or keep watching) Days! Thanks for reading! And don’t forget to add your reasons to watch below in the comments section. Also don’t forget to check out this week’s Two Scoops!