Allison J. Waldman

I Don't Recognize Lucky Anymore

Rate this Entry
I guess Lucky Spencer has a short memory. On General Hospital, Lucky is acting indignant about the fact that his father had an affair about 20 years ago with an old love, Holly Sutton, and appears to have fathered another child. Lucky is bent out of shape to think that his father was unfaithful to his mother. Excuse me, Lucky, but as Elizabeth pointed out to you the other day, who are you to be so judgmental? Lucky not only broke up his own marriage by having an extra-marital affair with Maxie, he also became a drug addict. Who is Lucky to judge Luke?

Lucky also seems to have forgotten how Luke stayed by his side and willed Lucky back to life when he was in a coma and not expected to survive. Luke never gave up on his son, even though it seems now that Lucky has given up on Luke.

The way I see it, Luke has been an unconventional father, but he's always been there for Lucky. He taught his son how to survive. I remember distinctly when Luke and Laura came back in the late 1980's, when Lucky was about eight years old. The story had Luke and Laura discovered by the mob in Canada and they had to send Lucky across the country to Port Charles to find Ruby. He was only eight, but he was equipped with the wherewithal to fend for himself and reach upstate New York unharmed. He had been well-taught by his father and mother and that Lucky was smart, savvy and self-reliant. He admired his parents and emulated them.

Somewhere along the way, the writers have turned Lucky into a real pill. I want to like the Lucky Spencer, but if he continues treating Luke like a second-class citizen, I'm taking sides and the Spencer I'm sticking with is Lucas Lorenzo.

Submit "I Don't Recognize Lucky Anymore" to Digg Submit "I Don't Recognize Lucky Anymore" to del.icio.us Submit "I Don't Recognize Lucky Anymore" to StumbleUpon Submit "I Don't Recognize Lucky Anymore" to Google

Comments

I couldn't agree more with what you have said. The way Lucky has been acting, all holier than thou, has really been rubbing me the wrong way, especially since he has been guilty of the same thing.

I brought this up on the message boards but was lambasted, that since Lucky is sorry he cheated that makes it ok for him to judge Luke who is not apologetic. Doesn't make sense to me, but whatever.