All Blog Entries

1. ATWT 4/1

by , 04-01-2009 at 11:17 PM (dolce_amore's blog)
    Hi guys!

Before I start talking about today's episode, I just wanted to quickly say that I'm so sorry to all you Guiding Light fans. I've never watched the show, but I think it's terrible that a soap that's been on over seven decades is being canceled. I know if ATWT got canceled, I'd be devastated, so I'm very sorry. Hopefully there will be another way for the show to go on (Soapnet, maybe?). Soaps are a part of history, in my opinion. These are shows women (and men) have been watching ...
  2. Well so it's true

So today I found out that GL was going to be canceled. At first I thought ok it's a joke. I went on with my nightly activities. Then I went to post on the Days board. As I went on explaining what GL means to me and why everyone feels the need to fight to keep it on. I began to realize my last connection to my deceased mother. All the memories of her came flooding back. As i sit here I can hear my mom in my head saying it only a show that true but it's more the memories of it. Just had to just ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Today is a sad day

The only soap I ever watch. Guiding Light is such a joy. I can`t believe it will end.
    I feel llike they are my family. I only hope they find a new home. I can`t stand the thought of not being able to watch any more.
    The story line has gotten much better now that Phillip has returned. This is just not fair.
    What can we do to save it?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Cbs stinks

CBS is crazy......all soaps should beware.....Daytime TV will become a new venue for realitycrap.....I myself will stop watching all cbs soaps as of September
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The light will never really end

The official news was announced today -- Guiding Light will end on September 18, 2009. I could go on and on about how sad I am to see another soap cancelled. I could vent about how unfair it is that CBS chose not to let GL stay on the air until its 75th anniversary. But, you know what, I'm not going to go there. Instead, I'm going to tell you how proud I am of this show's amazing accomplishment.

Just think, 72 years ago, Irna Phillips had the idea of a 15-minute radio play about ...