liquidice

1. AMC 2000-2009: A Legacy of misused talent

With the end of the decade coming, I can't help but develop a retrospective of the many daytime shows I watch. Today's entity is All My Children (or the show formerly known as All My Children if you've watched it lately)

AMC has really had a wealth of talented young actors hit the canvas over the decade--James Scott (Ethan), Jeff Branson (Jonathan), Kelli Giddish (Di), Billy Miller (Richie), Alexa Havins (Babe) and Connie Fletcher (Erin), etc...All these actors possess great talent, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Emmy Predictions 2009

ok so with the Emmy's coming up in a few days, I'm going to make my predictions. First off I've got to say that this year's nominees are the best group of nominees that I've seen in the last 3 or 4 years EASILY. I think after the disaster that was the nominations of the last couple of years, they finally got it right this year

ok a quick color breakdown--the name in orange/red is who I WANT to win and the name in blue is who I think will win...if there's only 1 name colorized than that's ...

Updated 08-28-2009 at 04:56 AM by liquidice

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Emmy Snubs

The Emmys are the holy grail of daytime, what so many stars dream of winning. I've been visiting the site that can't be mentioned, as I often do during award time, and looking at some of the great winning moments from ceremonies past. With it being that Emmy time of year again (FINALLY!), the thought crossed my mind of how many great stars have been out-and-out snubbed of Emmy Awards for no good reason.

The first thought that comes to mind for me is Michael Sutton (ex-Stone, GH). He ...

Updated 08-26-2009 at 01:25 PM by liquidice

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. What a Bag of Mess AMC weaves......

All My Children has put me in a weird place as a viewer. I should be loving the show, it has a cavalcade of my favorite daytime stars on its roster--Tamara Braun, Vincent Irizzary, Alicia Minshew, Thorsten Kaye, Eden Reigel (until recenlty),Beth Ehlers, etc....Everyone is on there that I love with the exception of Julia Barr, Eva Larue and John Callahan.....yet I just cannot for the life of me figure out the direction the show is going.

Jumbled, thrown together s/l's, silly contrived ...

Updated 03-22-2009 at 06:17 AM by liquidice

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Oscars Best 2009

This must be a new age indeed. I can't remember a year where the crop of films up for Academy Awards was more likeable....The Wrestler, Doubt, the Oscar Winner for Best Picture Slumdog Millionaire (which yours truly just got finished watching) were all really good films....I hadn't watched a Best Picture winner since Crash (which won in 2005), and that was one of my favorite pieces of film ever made.....Slumdog Millionaire was a very well put-together film that also gave an intelligent (and sometimes ...

Updated 02-23-2009 at 01:27 PM by liquidice

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast