Mairzy Dotes

1. When Soaps Write Couples Outside the Box Pt. 3: Julexis and other pairings

[B]What romance, aren't they supposed to be knitting in rockers and playing shuffleboard?[/B]

The solution raised by some for freeing Julian from gasp being paired with a character played by an older woman is to pair him up with newbie Jordan played by an actress who's 16 years younger. My god, if some viewers are up in arms about a 10 years difference in age between actors you think one that's 16 years would make them absolutely livid.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. When Soaps Write Couples Outside the Box Pt. 2: Julexis

[SIZE=4][B]Double Standard #2 Julian and Alexis[/B][/SIZE]

Meet Julian and Alexis or Julexis as they are known including on Twitter where that hashtag trended for the first time on Sept. 4, 2013. The little couple that could...muscle its way to the top of the pack with scant marketing or promotion by either GH or ABC Disney Network and I can only imagine what the reactions to that development were by either entity when its fan base exploded during the past few months. ...
    Tags: julexis
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. When Soaps Write Couples Outside the Box Pt. 1

I have to say that after watching some of the thread discussions at some sites lately and on Twitter that I've been shaking my head both in bemusement and in resignation. Many arguments against some of the show's hottest pairings have been heavily steeped in some of television's oldest and most enduring prejudices involving race, gender, sexual orientation and age.

Two otherwise highly popular couples in particular have come under fire from some critics or just flat out bigots ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Julian at a Crossroads?

[CENTER][B]Julian, at a Crossroads?[/B][/CENTER]

The sudden changes in Julian's character have given this viewer whiplash. Not so much by the character but his place in the pecking order of Team Jerome in the PC mobster beauty contest. For months, it seemed that he was a man in control of his destiny, determined to reclaim the turf that his family had lost nearly 20 years earlier. He'd spent that time living a double life, his WSB identity as Derek Wells, business ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Caught in the Crossroads

I have to admit I've been pretty slack at watching General Hospital this month. Most of that is because life and work's been very busy but part of it is because my attention span's wandered. I'm just not a great television watcher. I didn't grow up in front of the television as a child and never really gravitated to it as a teen or an adult.

So I fall out of habit quickly if something doesn't grab me. Between Alexis going MIA again, AJ dying in the middle of his story line and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast